***2016 Recruiting***

I have not been impressed with the recruiting by Riley's staff, desperation will set in and we'll end up offering anyone who knows how to put on a helmet and pads

I wouldn't go that far. The kids Riley closed with last class were all damn good prospects IMO

'Damn good' considering the situation. They accomplished a lot with zero time to work with. Barnett and Alston were quality pick ups, but it's not like Nebraska was reeling in kids being recruited by Alabama, USC or Texas heavily.

For 2016, so far the staff is closer to losing a recruit than picking one up.

Barry, Snyder, Talan, Barnett, Ferguson and Alston is quite a haul to close a class

That's an interesting thought. We currently have 20 seniors and 20 juniors so getting two year JUCOs would just make the problem worse for next year. But the Sophomore class is the smallest one so if we got guys with three years left to play it would balance things a little bit. The problem would be if they are 3-for-2 guys they wouldn't be able to help this year anyway - or else go back in with the Juniors. And there are not very many 3-for-3 guys out there.

I have not been impressed with the recruiting by Riley's staff, desperation will set in and we'll end up offering anyone who knows how to put on a helmet and pads

I wouldn't go that far. The kids Riley closed with last class were all damn good prospects IMO

'Damn good' considering the situation. They accomplished a lot with zero time to work with. Barnett and Alston were quality pick ups, but it's not like Nebraska was reeling in kids being recruited by Alabama, USC or Texas heavily.

For 2016, so far the staff is closer to losing a recruit than picking one up.

Barry, Snyder, Talan, Barnett, Ferguson and Alston is quite a haul to close a class

I don't know if Barry, Talan and Ferguson are the type of players that take Nebraska from being a decent team to making us conference championship level. Sure, nice pick-ups late in the process, but I saw them as the type of players that will keep us where we are and not where we need to be.

That's not to say keeping us where we are is a bad thing. It beats the alternative by not picking up those types of players at all.