***2016 Recruiting***

Weren't these coaches supposed to be an upgrade on ALL facets of the game for Nebraska? Not one 2016 recruit committed to them so far?

I think we should fire them and try again... Especially the S/T Coach who has the fellas doing Yoga 3x a week.

Not a bad idea.

But in all seriousness. I would have guessed that there would have been a commit just looking to hold a place or a 2 star by now. Or even an unranked, under the radar guy. I mean, they have offered 200 players for 2016 so far. not including the 3 commits that Pelini secured before being fired

So you'd be happier if they'd have pulled a 2 star than you are right now.

lol.

LOL.

I didn't say I would be happier. I just surprised these guys have put in this much effort and haven't landed their first commit for 2016. People say how lazy Bo was with recruiting and these new coaches were supposed to be better.

Not even the local kid committed after the Spring game.

The local kid is from Omaha. Many of these kids are not the die hard husker fans like the rest of the state. Remember last year.

I know where he is from. I meant local as in from Nebraska.

I am saying that most Omaha kids are not as Husker loyal as the rest of the state.

Who was the last Omaha HS player to be recruited by Nebraska and not play football there?

Weren't these coaches supposed to be an upgrade on ALL facets of the game for Nebraska? Not one 2016 recruit committed to them so far?

I think we should fire them and try again... Especially the S/T Coach who has the fellas doing Yoga 3x a week.

Not a bad idea.

But in all seriousness. I would have guessed that there would have been a commit just looking to hold a place or a 2 star by now. Or even an unranked, under the radar guy. I mean, they have offered 200 players for 2016 so far. not including the 3 commits that Pelini secured before being fired

lol.

LOL.

I didn't say I would be happier. I just surprised these guys have put in this much effort and haven't landed their first commit for 2016. People say how lazy Bo was with recruiting and these new coaches were supposed to be better.

The local kid is from Omaha. Many of these kids are not the die hard husker fans like the rest of the state. Remember last year.

I am saying that most Omaha kids are not as Husker loyal as the rest of the state.

Who was the last Omaha HS player to be recruited by Nebraska and not play football there?
Harrison Phillips

Not a bad idea.

lol.

LOL.

Harrison Phillips

I thought about him but that was such a weird deal. The coaching staff basically gave him a token offer. I don't think they were very genuine about it.

Phillips was good as gone by the time the half-hearted offer came.

Who's the last Omaha player to be heavily recruited by NU and not play football here?

Trevor Robinson was from Elkhorn. I can't think of anyone from OPS.

There was another OL that went to Notre Dame. Tim something in the early 2000's maybe? I think he went to Creighton Prep.

Who's the last Omaha player to be heavily recruited by NU and not play football here?

There was another OL that went to Notre Dame. Tim something in the early 2000's maybe? I think he went to Creighton Prep.

Tim Ridder?

Tim Ridder?

That's the one

Quite a bit of movement in the last month. Updated with some new targets who we would seem to at least have a shot at. Let me know if I've missed someone.

Priority:
QB - Don't think there's any doubt that a QB more in line with the system Langsdorf wants to run is the top priority. Could take two
LB - Probably continue to stockpile here as the new staff would like significantly more LBs than we've had. Three for sure and 5 wouldn't surprise me.
DE - Have some young possibilities here but they all have some work to do. Really need a top-notch plus at least one more.
OL - Fortunately, we already have two very good commits and leads on others. We lose six OLinemen after this year. Really need some tackles
DT - Need to restock here. At least two.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized and targets are in Italics.

QB - 1-2 - Chris Oladokun, Patrick O'Brien, Terry Wilson
RB - 1 - AJ Taylor, Jeremy Lewis, Mulbah Car, Vavae Malepeai
WR - 2-3 - Dymond Lee, Taj Williams (JUCO), Roddrick Bryant, Tyler Vaughns, Isaiah Graham
TE - 2 - JARED BUBAK, Jack Stoll
OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Tevin Jenkins, Tremayne Anchrum
OG/C - 2-3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON

DT - 2-3 - Garrett Rand, Michael Williams, Chris Daniels
DE - 2-3 - Amani Bledsoe, Xavier Kelly, Noah Fant, Daniel Joseph
LB - 3-5 - JoJo Domann, Jaleel Laguins, Pernell Jefferson, Dontavious Jackson, Isaiah Simmons, Chris Baccus (JUCO)
CB - 2-3 - Kentrell Love, Marcus Garvin, Maurice Chandler (JUCO)
S - 2-3 - DJ Morgan

Quite a bit of movement in the last month. Updated with some new targets who we would seem to at least have a shot at. Let me know if I've missed someone.

Priority:

QB - Don't think there's any doubt that a QB more in line with the system Langsdorf wants to run is the top priority. Could take two

LB - Probably continue to stockpile here as the new staff would like significantly more LBs than we've had. Three for sure and 5 wouldn't surprise me.

DE - Have some young possibilities here but they all have some work to do. Really need a top-notch plus at least one more.

OL - Fortunately, we already have two very good commits and leads on others. We lose six OLinemen after this year. Really need some tackles

DT - Need to restock here. At least two.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized and targets are in Italics.

QB - 1-2 - Chris Oladokun, Patrick O'Brien, Terry Wilson

RB - 1 - AJ Taylor, Jeremy Lewis, Mulbah Car, Vavae Malepeai

WR - 2-3 - Dymond Lee, Taj Williams (JUCO), Roddrick Bryant

TE - 2 - JARED BUBAK, Jack Stoll

OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Tevin Jenkins, Tremayne Anchrum

OG/C - 2-3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON

DT - 2-3 - Garrett Rand, Michael Williams, Chris Daniels

DE - 2-3 - Amani Bledsoe, Xavier Kelly, Noah Fant, Daniel Joseph

LB - 3-5 - JoJo Domann, Jaleel Laguins, Pernell Jefferson, Dontavious Jackson, Isaiah Simmons, Chris Baccus (JUCO)

CB - 2-3 - Kentrell Love, Marcus Garvin, Maurice Chandler (JUCO)

S - 2-3 - DJ Morgan

It's pretty early to tell, but if we're being realistic about our chances with a few of these kids (Michael Williams, Chris Daniels, Dymond Lee...), this class has the makings of being in line with what we've been recruiting for the last two or three seasons.

Probably will finish somewhere between #28-#32 nationally.