Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

Australian's think the may have found debris related to the missing plane in the south Indian Ocean. Australian and US assets investigating.

http://www.cnn.com/2...airlines-plane/

On the terrorism discussion, anything is possible but it's usually the simplest and least exciting option that's the reality ie decompression/fire. I really wonder why the terrorism side has been so played up by the media but a possible fire has been brushed aside. I haven't even heard anymore about the oil rig worker's sighting. Has nobody looked at the cargo manifest yet? The passengers on board easily carry enough batteries to pose a threat as well.

probably another false leads

This is likely the best lead yet, it's near the limit of the plane's range.

Anything's possible at any point. A crazed gunman could shoot up a mall or restaurant you visit. A group of terrorists could hijack one of the thousands of commercial liners that fly every day in the US and pilot it into another skyscraper. The London subway bombing, the Boston marathon bombing, all of these events could easily be duplicated...but we don't change the way we go about our daily lives, and we don't give in to fear and hysteria, right? That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying we do change the way we go about our lives, I was merely pointing out that the plane could be used as a weapon as they've been used as weapons in the past, something you said you couldn't see how it could be used as a weapon. To write that off immediately and just assume this was an accident/crash seems goofy to me given all the "evidence" that's come out so far. Maybe it did crash, I kinda hope so, the only reason I don't is because of those folks on board, but I do because I don't want this thing to show back up years down the road and fly into a stadium packed full of people at 600mph. People have a false sense of security at all times, unfortunately that's not the world we live in anymore. It all changed after 9/11 IMO..............scary/sad stuff.

Anything's possible at any point. A crazed gunman could shoot up a mall or restaurant you visit. A group of terrorists could hijack one of the thousands of commercial liners that fly every day in the US and pilot it into another skyscraper. The London subway bombing, the Boston marathon bombing, all of these events could easily be duplicated...but we don't change the way we go about our daily lives, and we don't give in to fear and hysteria, right? That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying we do change the way we go about our lives, I was merely pointing out that the plane could be used as a weapon as they've been used as weapons in the past, something you said you couldn't see how it could be used as a weapon. To write that off immediately and just assume this was an accident/crash seems goofy to me given all the "evidence" that's come out so far. Maybe it did crash, I kinda hope so, the only reason I don't is because of those folks on board, but I do because I don't want this thing to show back up years down the road and fly into a stadium packed full of people at 600mph. People have a false sense of security at all times, unfortunately that's not the world we live in anymore. It all changed after 9/11 IMO..............scary/sad stuff.

No matter if the plane crashed or landed, I'm sorry but I feel the people on board are gone.

Some SAM's are infrared tracker (engines temperature; not skin reflection).......bottom line, stealths are worthless. Granted, third countries got the old SAM radars but Russia, China, etc. got many SAM infrared radars.

What's the range on those IR SAMs compared to the typical operating altitude of a bomber?

Some SAM's are infrared tracker (engines temperature; not skin reflection).......bottom line, stealths are worthless. Granted, third countries got the old SAM radars but Russia, China, etc. got many SAM infrared radars.

What's the range on those IR SAMs compared to the typical operating altitude of a bomber?

Who do you think Hooked on Huskers is in real life, Snowdon?

No matter if the plane crashed or landed, I'm sorry but I feel the people on board are gone.

Probably right.........

Australians think the may have found debris related to the missing plane in the south Indian Ocean. Australian and US assets investigating.

On the terrorism discussion, anything is possible but it's usually the simplest and least exciting option that's the reality ie decompression/fire. I really wonder why the terrorism side has been so played up by the media but a possible fire has been brushed aside. I haven't even heard anymore about the oil rig worker's sighting. Has nobody looked at the cargo manifest yet? The passengers on board easily carry enough batteries to pose a threat as well.

I think the decompression/fire/explosion arguments are basically gone because the evidence overwhelmingly suggest that the plane remained airborne for several hours after communication ceased. Do you think all these reports are false?

Australians think the may have found debris related to the missing plane in the south Indian Ocean. Australian and US assets investigating.

I think the decompression/fire/explosion arguments are basically gone because the evidence overwhelmingly suggest that the plane remained airborne for several hours after communication ceased. Do you think all these reports are false?

Autopilot?

Autopilot?

That continued to change course and altitude? And didn't fly to the pre-programmed destination?

Maybe they were taking measures to remedy the problem and were over come by fire or their oxygen ran out. Communications could have been damaged or they didn't have time to relay the message. Who knows, but if the plane is in the South Indian Ocean it's seems much more likely than a hijacking to me.

if they ever figure it out i would bet that it is determined to be pilot suicide.

Yeah, they seem to be leaning toward the "southern arc" now. I haven't seen a full map but I don't think there's anything there other than water. That would seem to suggest the "pilot going bat-s#!^ crazy" theory would be more likely.