Jamal Turner QB "experiment"

I'd really like to know whose idea this was...the coaches or JT's...either way, don't like either choice. I realize it's only spring ball, and early at it at that, but we've got two QB's that need a LOT of reps and experience this spring, and now we're running an experiment? I don't care that Jamal 'was' a QB....he hasn't been one for YEARS. And you only get a limited amount of practices. This isn't switching from DT to OT. And especially not going into your last year. SMH.

Way too much being thought about this. Way too much. Let's back off the throttle some.

srsly.

Also, how can this possibly be a bad thing? Played QB in high school, athletic skillset that seems reasonably well suited to the offense, in a season where we might only have two scholarship QBs available with neither of them having very much experience playing college football period. Not only is this a chance for more competition in the spring, it prepares Jamal in case he ever needs to step in in the fall. You never know what injuries might happen.

Lastly, our offense has to date made extraordinarily limited use of slippery, talented slot receivers. It's just not really our style to spread 'em out and YAC up and down the field. A guy like Jamal is dangerous with the ball, and this could be a creative way to give him more touches.

I'd really like to know whose idea this was...the coaches or JT's...either way, don't like either choice. I realize it's only spring ball, and early at it at that, but we've got two QB's that need a LOT of reps and experience this spring, and now we're running an experiment? I don't care that Jamal 'was' a QB....he hasn't been one for YEARS. And you only get a limited amount of practices. This isn't switching from DT to OT. And especially not going into your last year. SMH.

We run multiple stations... not that big of a deal.

I like it.... I feel like Turner has been severely under utilized since he came here.... the only reason he switched to WR was because Bubba Starling was supposed to be coming here as a QB in the same class. Turner should have been a Kain Colter type player all along... back up QB playing wideout

I just find it hilarious that there's actually spec and a meltdown over thoughts that Turner's gonna come in and take the job away from a 3rd year guy with a year's of experience and another that was an elite 11 prospect. It's gonna be a situational thing. A wrinkle like was said before. And I'll bet the farm that the majority of Turner's snaps this year remain from the WR position.

• Fire 2

Very interesting! IMO a good move. Pelini has been very candid referring to option creation during the off season. He has said " if he has to deal with it so will opposing teams. It is about creating a look for defenses and using diverse skills to make plays.

Jt is a solid wr and knows the play book. Jt is probably excited to contribute to the success of the team in any way shape or form.

The qbs are getting the reps they need. In no way would Beck or Pelini hinder their development. I would bet both TA and Johnny S are working their tails off in and out of practice to get better and set an example for others to follow.

I just find it hilarious that there's actually spec and a meltdown over thoughts that Turner's gonna come in and take the job away from a 3rd year guy with a year's of experience and another that was an elite 11 prospect. It's gonna be a situational thing. A wrinkle like was said before. And I'll bet the farm that the majority of Turner's snaps this year remain from the WR position.

It's something fresh to talk about. Something this forum desperately needs. I wouldn't be so quick to mock and stamp it out.

As for your bet, I'd say it's a safe one, but a part of me thinks Jamal is going to get a legitimate shot at the position now that Martinez is gone.

It's something fresh to talk about. Something this forum desperately needs. I wouldn't be so quick to mock and stamp it out.

As for your bet, I'd say it's a safe one, but a part of me thinks Jamal is going to get a legitimate shot at the position now that Martinez is gone.

It's not about something fresh. It's about how this is quickly going to transpire into a conversation on how Bo doesnt know what he's doing, or switches guys positions too much, or we have no one to develop qb's from a coach standpoint so we need to hire one since we have a WR taking the spot of two highly touted guys, or how Bo doesnt know anything about anything, all in 3 2 ............

• Fire 2