Armstrong Leading the QB Race

Trying to remember how many of these posters were....

I'm not calling Jarvis out in particular, but this kind of argument is made a lot in this forum. "The same people who said _____ back in the day are the people who say ______ today." If we knew who we were talking about, we'd say their name. If we don't... it's kind of a straw man.
Not calling you out in particular, but if that happened, people would say you were attacking the poster, not the post, and said comment would be moved, with a probable suspension.

So you understand why that might not happen.

Edited.

The gangly gunslinger from Grand Island won’t go quietly in the Nebraska quarterback competition — even if sophomore walk-on Ryker Fyfe started fall practice with long odds of winning the job.

Those odds may remain long — only sophomore Tommy Armstrong has started a game for the Huskers or even taken a meaningful snap during the season — but Fyfe and redshirt freshman Johnny Stanton took more repetitions with the No. 1 offense Wednesday. Fyfe even produced the evening’s best offensive play on a long pass completion to senior wideout Kenny Bell.

“Whoever can move the ball the best is the one who’s going to play,” Fyfe said. “I think with Tommy’s experience, he’s a little bit favored, but I just have more to prove.”

<snip>

Beck said he’s seen the difference in Fyfe.

“He has a better understanding of the offense,” Beck said. “That’s probably the biggest area I’ve seen him improve — just kind of knowing where guys are going to be, where he needs to go with the ball.”

And while Fyfe may trail Armstrong and Stanton in terms of running ability — Fyfe himself admitted he’s “no Taylor Martinez” — Beck said Fyfe is more skilled at it than he appears.

“He’s a shifty runner,” Beck said, smiling. “He’s lot quicker and more elusive than people might give him credit for. He’s so gangly looking. He doesn’t look like (a good runner), but he is.”

OWH

The gangly gunslinger from Grand Island won’t go quietly in the Nebraska quarterback competition — even if sophomore walk-on Ryker Fyfe started fall practice with long odds of winning the job.

Those odds may remain long — only sophomore Tommy Armstrong has started a game for the Huskers or even taken a meaningful snap during the season — but Fyfe and redshirt freshman Johnny Stanton took more repetitions with the No. 1 offense Wednesday. Fyfe even produced the evening’s best offensive play on a long pass completion to senior wideout Kenny Bell.

“Whoever can move the ball the best is the one who’s going to play,” Fyfe said. “I think with Tommy’s experience, he’s a little bit favored, but I just have more to prove.”

<snip>

Beck said he’s seen the difference in Fyfe.

“He has a better understanding of the offense,” Beck said. “That’s probably the biggest area I’ve seen him improve — just kind of knowing where guys are going to be, where he needs to go with the ball.”

And while Fyfe may trail Armstrong and Stanton in terms of running ability — Fyfe himself admitted he’s “no Taylor Martinez” — Beck said Fyfe is more skilled at it than he appears.

“He’s a shifty runner,” Beck said, smiling. “He’s lot quicker and more elusive than people might give him credit for. He’s so gangly looking. He doesn’t look like (a good runner), but he is.”

OWH

Much like Kaepernick was in his early years, and even still to a degree. Just everyone knows he can run. But he looks "gangly" doing it.

Sounds like TA may have concussion-like symptoms. Hopefully it's not and he can get back out there Monday.

I wasn't at practice, so I can't say exactly how this happened, but when we are giving our own starting QB concussion-like symptoms......maybe we need to ease up a bit. There's a reason we play cupcake teams to start the season. Beat the hell out of them for Christs sake.

Sounds like TA may have concussion-like symptoms. Hopefully it's not and he can get back out there Monday.

I wasn't at practice, so I can't say exactly how this happened, but when we are giving our own starting QB concussion-like symptoms......maybe we need to ease up a bit. There's a reason we play cupcake teams to start the season. Beat the hell out of them for Christs sake.

Heard Cooper lowered the boom on Tommy and stood over him throwing the bones while Tommy laid there completely unconscious.

• Fire 1

Heard Cooper lowered the boom on Tommy and stood over him throwing the bones while Tommy laid there completely unconscious.

Lol. OWH is reporting that's exactly what happened.

Cooper is gonna be scary this year.

Cooper is gonna be scary this year.

He might actually kill someone.....

The dude was a freak out of highschool.....