Armstrong Leading the QB Race

Just so some people are aware of this......Grand Island isn't in Western Ne. It's in Central Ne.

LOL...My bad. Especially since I live west of GI.

My comment was meant as the view point of someone from Lincoln or Omaha.

Anyone who lives west of Lincoln is a Western Nebraska Hick!!! chuckleshuffle

e3fb6_ORIG-stare.gif

Nick Gregath@NickESPN1480 · Ryker CANNOT run the option game.At all. Johnny has the most potential out of the 3 for a complete game BUT he is very inconsistent #Huskers

Nick Gregath@NickESPN1480 ·
As numerous media members agree'd with me today at practice…IF Ryker Fyfe wins this starting spot..you remove the option game from the book

I don't listen to 1480 at all so I don't know if this guy is just a toolbag or is a worthwhile host so take his assessment at your own risk.

First off, the news that Fyfe is #2 isn't news at all. By all accounts that's been the case since at least spring ball.

B. There's no QB controversy. Armstrong is your starter.

3rdly, we'll probably end up using all three guys at some point in the season, and people will try really hard to argue Fyfe and/or Stanton are no good when they struggle a bit.

• Fire 1

First off, the news that Fyfe is #2 isn't news at all. By all accounts that's been the case since at least spring ball.

3rdly, we'll probably end up using all three guys at some point in the season, and people will try really hard to argue Fyfe and/or Stanton are no good when they struggle a bit.

Possible we use Stanton like OU used Bell before he became the starter? i.e. jumbo package

Possible we use Stanton like OU used Bell before he became the starter? i.e. jumbo package

He's third string. Why don't we work on developing our sophomore starting QB, and maybe get his backup, Ryker Fyfe, a few reps in mop up duty as well. Like most places do. Why would we steal reps from a sophomore starter, and his zero experience backup, to create a special jumbo package for the third string QB? I just don't get t.

He's third string. Why don't we work on developing our sophomore starting QB, and maybe get his backup, Ryker Fyfe, a few reps in mop up duty as well. Like most places do. Why would we steal reps from a sophomore starter, and his zero experience backup, to create a special jumbo package for the third string QB? I just don't get t.

Creating a jumbo package would make sense if Stanton is Bell's size, but he's not.

So we can be more multiple.

• Fire 2

Well, according to the talking heads, forget the option with Fyfe. There goes a large part of Beck's play book. Fyfe is 2 right now. 2 weeks from now, a month who knows.

Have we really developed QB talent since Bo has been here? No. Why not try and get the guy who will be here the next 4 years some reps as well.

I truly hope TA is all that and then some. If he's not. There's going to be some hurt folks on this board.