Armstrong Leading the QB Race

Remember when we moved Cooper from Safety to corner, then back to safety, then to LB, and then back to safety again? Imagine how much better he'd be by now if we'd just left his ass alone.

what's the fun in that? agree w/ u though. this happens quite a bit. sometimes it works out great (Cody Glenn, SJB), other times not so much. surely the player has a major part of that decision - then again i don't think Heard was too happy about his switch.

Remember when we moved Cooper from Safety to corner, then back to safety, then to LB, and then back to safety again? Imagine how much better he'd be by now if we'd just left his ass alone.

what's the fun in that? agree w/ u though. this happens quite a bit. sometimes it works out great (Cody Glenn, SJB), other times not so much. surely the player has a major part of that decision - then again i don't think Heard was too happy about his switch.

As you allude to, there's no way to know if Cooper would be better, the same, or worse if he'd been at safety the whole time.

SEEN: Josh Kalu stepping in front of a badly judged pass by Ryker Fyfe. Fyfe was trying to force the ball into traffic.
HEARD: “Zack (Darlington) has really improved from spring. Like night and day. Really pleased with what he’s done. And AJ (Bush). AJ’s been a pleasant surprise as well. He’s a talented young man.” — Beck on the young quarterbacks

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/camp-chatter-seen-and-heard-at-husker-practice-aug/article_2dd693a2-21c3-11e4-8237-001a4bcf6878.html

Turner loves to throw the QBs under the bus...

So did greasypalm Quincy.

He liked throwing one quarterback in particular under the bus despite his own shortcomings.

I don't know about this one.

“There's going to be tough catches that we should make, but, at the same time, there's going to be tough passes the quarterback should make, as well.”

Holding someone to a similar level of accountability as yourself is kind of the opposite of throwing someone under the bus despite your own shortcomings.

• Fire 5

Turner loves to throw the QBs under the bus...

So did greasypalm Quincy.

He liked throwing one quarterback in particular under the bus despite his own shortcomings.

I don't know about this one.

“There's going to be tough catches that we should make, but, at the same time, there's going to be tough passes the quarterback should make, as well.”

Holding someone to a similar level of accountability as yourself is kind of the opposite of throwing someone under the bus despite your own shortcomings.

Quincy dropped a number of footballs in the Minnesota game. When the reporters asked him about it (I can't find the actual press conference at the moment) he said "ok how many drops did I have but how many of them were good throws?" or something of the sort, then finishing with saying, "You're trying to get me to say something that I'll get in trouble if I say." Obviously directed towards Taylor specifically.

Yet Taylor didn't play again, and Quincy continued to drop a good number of footballs thrown his way.

• Fire 1

"ok how many drops did I have but how many of them were good throws?"

He didn't ask how many were good throws.

"You're trying to get me to say something that I'll get in trouble if I say."

Yes, he was being baited to throw Taylor under the bus, and rightly could have, but chose not to.