Armstrong Leading the QB Race

It's also been publicly noted by coaches, media, and players that Tommy all but dominated offseason workout competitions.

Like 7 on 7 drills or lifting and conditioning?

Tug-o-war, pullups, and knitting.

Knitting is a bitch... rumor has it that's what broke Curry.

Heard he pulled landscaping duty after he complained that his fingers hurt.

It's also been publicly noted by coaches, media, and players that Tommy all but dominated offseason workout competitions.

Like 7 on 7 drills or lifting and conditioning?

Tug-o-war, pullups, and knitting.

Knitting is a bitch... rumor has it that's what broke Curry.

Heard he pulled landscaping duty.
Does anybody else's ankles hurt?!

Bo said there is no plan to have Fyfe come in a certain series like NU did last year with QBs. Armstrong starts. Game dictates from there.

While it's nice to hear Fyfe's name get thrown around, it is equally disappointing not hearing Stanton's name.

I am not sure I agree. If he was a RSSoph/Jr I think I'd be worried. We have to remember Stanton is RSFR who: played in a option/wishbone offense in HS with minimal passing and missed his senior season/first spring here and some of the summer with a ACL tear.

Nebraska quarterback Johnny Stanton said it had been 708 days since he last played in a real football game before Saturday. #Huskers

I don't expect him to be as good as Martinez, but I also don't expect him to be as divisive.

Dude, your standards are low. He's already better than Martinez ever was. Also, he's a true leader with confidence. No comparison between him and TM.

You're getting way ahead of yourself there. Can you name a stat where Armstrong is better than Martinez?

Can you name a stat where Armstrong is better than Martinez?

A game without a turnover.

Who was the QB for NU the last time the Huskers had no turnovers? (Hint: the game was the 2012 season opener against Southern Miss)

No hint needed.....the answer is in another thread. And I was being sarcastic. Sort of.

Two different styles, hard to compare. Don't agree that Tommy is better right now than Martinez ever was, but he's further along as a passer than Martinez was at this point in his career.

Taylor vs. Chattanooga: 11/22 (50%) - 116 yards - 5.3 AVG - 0 TDs - 0 INTs

Tommy vs. Florida Atl.: 15/29 (52%) - 271 yards - 9.3 AVG - 2 TDs - 0 INTs

Taylor improved a lot as a passer between his sophomore and junior year. If Tommy makes a similar jump, watch out. Tommy doesn't possess Taylor's game-changing speed, but personally I think he runs the option game better, and he's only going to improve. The future looks bright at the position.