Armstrong Leading the QB Race

I'd be in full support of giving some time, garbage time or otherwise, in early games for both Ryker and Johnny.

I disagree in this case. Next year, and end of season I'm all for it. But Armstrong needs the snaps right now. If he goes down, there isn't a huge gap between him and Ryker. I'd rather see Armstrong get better early. Having more mediocre QBs doesn't help us much. We need the #1 guy to become better.

I'd be in full support of giving some time, garbage time or otherwise, in early games for both Ryker and Johnny.

I disagree in this case. Next year, and end of season I'm all for it. But Armstrong needs the snaps right now. If he goes down, there isn't a huge gap between him and Ryker. I'd rather see Armstrong get better early. Having more mediocre QBs doesn't help us much. We need the #1 guy to become better.

I agree with KC to a point. If the game is 6-7 minutes from being over and they are up 25 or 30 points, a few extra reps handing off the ball to Newby or someone else down the depth chart won't get him any better.

I don't think Armstrong needs garbage time snaps. He's not really going to get better doing that.

I think out of the first two games, let's ride Tommy start to garbage time in Game 1, then Game 2, take the #2 guy who already saw some action in Game 1, and throw him out there unexpectedly for an early series.

From just Tommy's standpoint, he gets conditioned for this year to go through a full game, and he also gets that "step away and look at it from the sidelines with the film" breather that can often be a positive for a young QB's development.

It's also been publicly noted by coaches, media, and players that Tommy all but dominated offseason workout competitions.

Like 7 on 7 drills or lifting and conditioning?

Tug-o-war, pullups, and knitting.

Sword fighting, swashbuckling and shivering of timbers.

Underwater basket weaving

I don't think Armstrong needs garbage time snaps. He's not really going to get better doing that.

I think out of the first two games, let's ride Tommy start to garbage time in Game 1, then Game 2, take the #2 guy who already saw some action in Game 1, and throw him out there unexpectedly for an early series.

From just Tommy's standpoint, he gets conditioned for this year to go through a full game, and he also gets that "step away and look at it from the sidelines with the film" breather that can often be a positive for a young QB's development.

Which is why I also don't think Beck should be treating live-game minutes as garbage time early in the season. Optimal opportunities for him to better himself (and other young players) that can't be replicated in a practice environment. Use them.

It's also been publicly noted by coaches, media, and players that Tommy all but dominated offseason workout competitions.

Sword fighting, swashbuckling and shivering of timbers.

Smirking, Twerking, and Get'n rowdy

Knitting is a bitch... rumor has it that's what broke Curry.