Osborne getting crushed....Vote now: TO v Paterno

I know nothing of Joe Paterno, nor of PSU cheating. I can tell you from personal knowledge that Coach Osborne thought the world of Coach Paterno. Very close friends, both suffered some public humiliation. Most likely that neither totally deserved. You can not believe all you read in the press. Two men very similar in their ideas about the sport and the way it should be coached, how the kids should be treated. I choose to think Coach Paterno was not the monster some make him to be. I still wait for the full disclosure on the PSU deal. I can not believe that a man I respect pretty much above all, could have been deceived by a man he considered a great person.

People make mistakes, some make more in the later years due to not totally being with it. If there were mistakes by Coach Paterno, I again choose to give it benefit of the doubt. I know Tom still feels he was a great man.

Just hearing the name "Joe Paterno" makes me want to spit. There can be no forgiveness. What if it was YOUR son getting raped while that PRICK looked the other way? Would you still be as forgiving? The fact that he's on a poll is freaking appalling. His name should never be mentioned again......anywhere.

• Fire 1

Some of you noted some potential irregularities in our voting, as Paterno received vast support from international voters the past couple rounds (more than half the votes in the title game came from outside the U.S., according to SportsNation, and Paterno won 87 percent of those votes). Are there that many people around the world who are JoePa fans, or is there some funny business going on? We have no real way of checking that, and I'm not sure why anyone would go to the trouble of cheating to win a contest like this.

Such a bullsh#t answer, they know it was fraud. I posted this link in their comment section.

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cornnation.com%2F2012%2F4%2F25%2F2976080%2Fespn-college-gameday-contest-halted-after-massive-ballot-box-stuffing&h=QAQFa7sRr&s=1

Some of you noted some potential irregularities in our voting, as Paterno received vast support from international voters the past couple rounds (more than half the votes in the title game came from outside the U.S., according to SportsNation, and Paterno won 87 percent of those votes). Are there that many people around the world who are JoePa fans, or is there some funny business going on? We have no real way of checking that, and I'm not sure why anyone would go to the trouble of cheating to win a contest like this.

Such a bullsh#t answer, they know it was fraud. I posted this link in their comment section.

http://lm.facebook.c...h=QAQFa7sRr&s=1

It most probably is fraud...but what can ESPN really do? Let everyone see the results and make their own conclusions. The Penn state fans will feel good that Joe won and msot everyone else will look at it and know it was a fraud.

1) It's just ESPN. This is hardly a binding vote. It means nothing and will be forgotten by next week.

2) We've had a member right here on HuskerBoard admit that he botted polls in the past. It's not new, and maybe everyone doesn't do it, but for sure at least one guy here has. Whoever botted this poll may not even be a Penn State fan - could be someone from another fan base rankled that we did this to them before. A little payback, maybe.

3) ESPN either needs to fix their security or figure out how to eliminate bot votes. The one main conclusion from any of these polls is that ESPN's fan votes are a waste. They come out looking really stupid in all of this.

To be fair. Osborne was never a B1G coach.

Did Joe win any B1G games after all the forfeits? how did a winless coach vs. a coach who never coached a B1G game ever reach the finals? Woody and Bo (not pelini) are the real top 2 B1G coaches IMO

Actually, yes. JP did coach and win in the B1G even after the forfeits. PSU joined the B1G in 1990 or 91 and the games he had to forfeit were from 1998 to 2011.