Rancher vs. Feds

Cliven Bundy: "I don't recognize the existence of the federal government"

*cut to video of Cliven Bundy riding a horse and carrying an American flag*

How has the Tea Party not already started an election campaign for this guy? He's a dream!

Cliven Bundy: "I don't recognize the existence of the federal government"

*cut to video of Cliven Bundy riding a horse and carrying an American flag*

Classic posse comitatus statement..............screw this guy! I guarantee you if they would've had the local sheriff draw up papers and serve this guy with those papers, he would've listened and stopped doing what he was doing. Weird people........

I understand this guy is a nut job, but, I'm not exactly fond of the way it was handled by the fed. Yes it has been years of him not paying grazing fees etc...

I would have rather just let the State handle it, and throw him in jail for not doing so. I'm not a big government guy at all. So when I do hear of these stories I really wish they would leave it in the hands of the States.

I understand this guy is a nut job, but, I'm not exactly fond of the way it was handled by the fed. Yes it has been years of him not paying grazing fees etc...

I would have rather just let the State handle it, and throw him in jail for not doing so. I'm not a big government guy at all. So when I do hear of these stories I really wish they would leave it in the hands of the States.

Does the state have a real play in this since it is federal property? Serious question.

So, throwing someone in jail would have caused less of a mess than simply trying to round up his cattle?

And, I don't think the state has any jurisdiction here since it is federal land.

I'll just leave this here...

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.

"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

(Emphasis mine)

So we're beyond shock that the Tea Party's latest hero is a pro-Slavery racist, since this appears to be the Tea Party platform anymore, yes?

(Edit)

Links to other articles and source material:

NYTimes Article

A list of Bundy's political supporters

KLAS Research showing doubts about Bundy's claim to land

I'll just leave this here...

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.

"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

Spectacular.

Luckily democrats aren't racist either, just the GOP:

http://freebeacon.co...e-jewish-nazis/

Are the liberal crazies gathering up their weapons to go defend him? Is the liberal media wholeheartedly embracing the message? Are DNC politicians from around the country flying into Illinois saying "you know . . . this guy has a good point!"

There's your difference. The GOP is all too willing to wink at the crazy within their own ranks. Thou shalt not speak ill of another Republican, right?

• Fire 6

Luckily democrats aren't racist either, just the GOP:

http://freebeacon.co...e-jewish-nazis/

Except the difference is that the GOP openly accepts, winks at, rallies around, or straight-up supports people like Bundy that make racist, pro-Slavery comments, therefore legitimizing those statements party-wide.

And until the GOP starts consistently condemning such statements and empowering personalities that make these comments (just as they have with Bundy and his 'heroic' stand against 'Government Oppression'), there is a legitimate question of why an African American would support the GOP (based off of its current state of 'operation'.)

Unfortunately, the way Quinn's query was worded was stupid and Quinn effectively 'Godwined' himself before legitimate discussion on the topic could even begin...

...but it does still beg the question--why would a rational, respectable African American willingly and knowingly support the GOP when the GOP and their members continue to approve of racist, pro-Slavery scofflaws like Bundy?

• Fire 1

it seems like there is a certain faction of american "patriots" that just really want a war with the federal gov't and this might be the closest justification they will ever see.

that is what i get from that picture carlfense posted. what was that guy like, "honey, get my ar-15. we got a good ole fashioned range war and i got some personal freedoms to protect. like the right for chattel to feed anywhere they want free of charge. and damnit, i'll die for those rights."