Rancher vs. Feds

Freak,

Maybe I should explain where I am coming from as far as these networks. I use Fox News in my explanation because they have become the master of the universe in what I am going to explain. But, you can apply these principles to other networks like MSNBC.

A little back ground. I was a life long Republican. I carried the torch. I signed on and listened to Rush almost right from the day he went on the air. I was on the road all the time so I would listen to him, then go home and watch all of Fox News programs and I would go to bed so fired up angry at those evil Democrats that I was willing to wage war the next morning if need be. I drank it up for years.

Then....one day I read an article about something Fox reported on that was blatantly false. At first I was pissed at the outlet that wrote it. So, I was going to go prove them wrong. What I found was, that Fox in fact DID report something that was so blatantly false that it was clear they did it on purpose.

This honestly was a shock to my system. For a long time I didn't want to believe it. But, I decided to research it more and watch the network with more of a skeptical eye. What I found was that this was a regular thing for them. What I was being fed every night was a blown up pile of junk.

Fox News has one goal. To make money. In TV, how is that done? It is done by increased viewership. Fox has become a master at retaining viewership by convincing those viewers that only THEY will tell them the truth. Once they have you thinking that or even slightly believing that, they have you hooked. From there, they start feeding you more and more outrageous stories about how "the other side" is taking away your freedoms, or how "THEY" only support the evil empire (administration) in Washington and that evil Empire is on it's way right now to strip you of every bit of freedom you have. After all, Fox News is the only place that will protect you from people who are trying to protect the constitution of the greatest country in the world....well...it was the greatest country until "those people" started taking away all of your rights and wiping their azz with the constitution. Remember, they are on their way to take your guns and eat your children.

If a network has to spend literally billions of dollars advertising to me that they are the only network that is "fair and balanced" or that they are the only ones that will tell the truth......RUN!!!!!!!!! Run as fast as you can because that is a common brainwashing tactic used by people literally who do not have your best interest at heart. Honestly, when a husband is abusive to his wife? What does he convince her of? He convinces her that he is the only person who can provide anything that she needs and she will be worthless without him. Hmmmmm....sounds familiar to what Fox News does with it's viewers.

Sorry if this is a long winded post but I am passionate about this for several reasons.

a) I was once one of those drones that listened to that crap and believed it and that pisses me off.

b) I literaly have lost my father over this in so many ways. He is 78 years old and all his life has been so smart and able to think on his own. Now, he goes home, listens to Fox News all night and believes the big evil government is going to come destroy him. That pisses me off too.

c) Crap like Fox News helps create the idiots that are now forming road blocks in Nevada believing they are the only true patriots in the country and they are the ones that are going to save all of us from this evil empire in Washington.

Those three things absolutely disgust me.

So, yes, I do ask people to take a break from those networks and it is amazing what they find when they do. Do your own homework on what you believe and if ANYONE tries to make you think that they are the source for the truth...RUN!!!!

Good day sir.

FYI....I am so disgusted with all of this I'm not even a Republican anymore because I see how Fox is used by the Republicans to feed us an entire load of crap. Many people who know me joke that I'm a Democrat now. Honestly, I am a man without a political home. They both can go F*** themselves for all I care.

• Fire 7

Freak,

Maybe I should explain where I am coming from as far as these networks. I use Fox News in my explanation because they have become the master of the universe in what I am going to explain. But, you can apply these principles to other networks like MSNBC.

A little back ground. I was a life long Republican. I carried the torch. I signed on and listened to Rush almost right from the day he went on the air. I was on the road all the time so I would listen to him, then go home and watch all of Fox News programs and I would go to bed so fired up angry at those evil Democrats that I was willing to wage war the next morning if need be. I drank it up for years.

Then....one day I read an article about something Fox reported on that was blatantly false. At first I was pissed at the outlet that wrote it. So, I was going to go prove them wrong. What I found was, that Fox in fact DID report something that was so blatantly false that it was clear they did it on purpose.

This honestly was a shock to my system. For a long time I didn't want to believe it. But, I decided to research it more and watch the network with more of a skeptical eye. What I found was that this was a regular thing for them. What I was being fed every night was a blown up pile of junk.

Fox News has one goal. To make money. In TV, how is that done? It is done by increased viewership. Fox has become a master at retaining viewership by convincing those viewers that only THEY will tell them the truth. Once they have you thinking that or even slightly believing that, they have you hooked. From there, they start feeding you more and more outrageous stories about how "the other side" is taking away your freedoms, or how "THEY" only support the evil empire (administration) in Washington and that evil Empire is on it's way right now to strip you of every bit of freedom you have. After all, Fox News is the only place that will protect you from people who are trying to protect the constitution of the greatest country in the world....well...it was the greatest country until "those people" started taking away all of your rights and wiping their azz with the constitution. Remember, they are on their way to take your guns and eat your children.

If a network has to spend literally billions of dollars advertising to me that they are the only network that is "fair and balanced" or that they are the only ones that will tell the truth......RUN!!!!!!!!! Run as fast as you can because that is a common brainwashing tactic used by people literally who do not have your best interest at heart. Honestly, when a husband is abusive to his wife? What does he convince her of? He convinces her that he is the only person who can provide anything that she needs and she will be worthless without him. Hmmmmm....sounds familiar to what Fox News does with it's viewers.

Sorry if this is a long winded post but I am passionate about this for several reasons.

a) I was once one of those drones that listened to that crap and believed it and that pisses me off.

b) I literaly have lost my father over this in so many ways. He is 78 years old and all his life has been so smart and able to think on his own. Now, he goes home, listens to Fox News all night and believes the big evil government is going to come destroy him. That pisses me off too.

c) Crap like Fox News helps create the idiots that are now forming road blocks in Nevada believing they are the only true patriots in the country and they are the ones that are going to save all of us from this evil empire in Washington.

So, yes, I do ask people to take a break from those networks and it is amazing what they find when they do. Do your own homework on what you believe and if ANYONE tries to make you think that they are the source for the truth...RUN!!!!

Good day sir.

FYI....I am so disgusted with all of this I'm not even a Republican anymore because I see how Fox is used by the Republicans to feed us an entire load of crap. Many people who know me joke that I'm a Democrat now. Honestly, I am a man without a political home. They both can go F*** themselves for all I care.

POTY candidate.

Freak,

Good day sir.

tumblr_leo8rkBEe51qcuhdoo1_500.gif

4111933ad823e213754f808064bdd93af3aca24a0f54835c44cccdebc65b2dca.jpg

Blah blah. I mean, I am sure the BLM was jerking Bundy around a bit. But come on. What is the catalyst in this situation? The dumbass who doesn't pay his bills. Same sh#t at Ruby Ridge. I mean sure, the govt waddled on in there and made a very big mess. Why? Dumbass Randy Weaver sold sawed off shotguns. Does that necessitate capping his wife and kid? Nope, don't think so. Big bad govt made the smarter choice and decided to not turn Bundy/Associates into a pile of meat like they did in Idaho. I'd call that progress right?!?! If these whack jobs would quit thinking they are above and beyond the US government we'd quit having issues.

Ref the media. Every media service carries the water for their respective demographics. If you don't believe that you are incredibly naive. CNN conservative? MSNBC? Fox liberal? Which ever one "you" prefer is the more accurate/reliable/non-biased/fair etc....... Come on man.

Personally, to get more accurate info, read the foreign news. They have less "dog in the fight", are easier to find now with the internet and can be translated rather easily. I also do not know which ones are considered "conservative or liberal" so its harder to find ones that "fit" my view.

Bottom line, me like everyone else in this 7 page thread pretty much have their view, can prove it with their media/web/graph source and still not change anyones minds. Reading this shows why, IMO, the media focuses on one or the other political demographic. Look at this threads and folks opinions, not a lot of conversation "seeing the other guys view".

Just my .02

Ref the media. Every media service carries the water for their respective demographics. If you don't believe that you are incredibly naive. CNN conservative? MSNBC? Fox liberal? Which ever one "you" prefer is the more accurate/reliable/non-biased/fair etc....... Come on man.

Personally, to get more accurate info, read the foreign news. They have less "dog in the fight", are easier to find now with the internet and can be translated rather easily. I also do not know which ones are considered "conservative or liberal" so its harder to find ones that "fit" my view.

Bottom line, me like everyone else in this 7 page thread pretty much have their view, can prove it with their media/web/graph source and still not change anyones minds. Reading this shows why, IMO, the media focuses on one or the other political demographic. Look at this threads and folks opinions, not a lot of conversation "seeing the other guys view".

Just my .02

If you're gonna read foreign news, steer clear of Russia Today. If you wanna talk about a news organization that is actually run by a political organization, then that's your man.

It bothers me that Americans let themselves be so easily led by media outlets. Whether it be Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc, they are telling you what to be afraid of, why you should hate it, and who you should hate for it. It's not about actually giving you relevant facts, but dictating how you should feel about the issues of the day.

I've listened to both sides and the vitriol that is spewed is mind boggling. it's not about things getting better, but catching the other side in some major gaff that can be replayed on the major news outlets over and over and over. It's become one gigantic game of gotcha with no real end in sight.

I see people completely change their opinions of somebody, solely based on what their political affiliation is, which is f*cking stupid. Base your opinion of somebody on their character, if they have a good heart, not on if they're on the "opposing side"...

What "other view" is there on this issue that is in any way sane if you're talking about Bundy's actions? He's been breaking the law and ignoring court orders for years and years.

Now, if you want to talk about an issue like whether or not the western states should get together and try (through the court system) to reduce the amount of land the BLM/federal government controls, that's another matter entirely. And there's plenty of room for multiple views on it.

But I'm sorry, there are just some things that boil down to simple facts, and anyone arguing against them is a f'ing moron. It's like people claiming the "flat earthers" should be given equal weight because they have an opinion on something. f#*k that and those idiots - sometimes facts are facts and there is only one right side.

Being able to recognize those instances comes down to a combination of common sense and intelligence.

• Fire 2

I believe in gun rights and all, some guys I work with have arsenals for when the invasion happens. You know, the invasion........? Who or what is invading I don't know, but by God i'ma gonna shooter dem dadgum vaders when dey start dey vaderin.

I have only met one of these guys, worked with him about 15 years ago. Wouldn't license his car because he didn't want the gubmint tracking him, just kept putting a new In Transit in the window every month. Talked about the Posse Comitatus and survivalism, and was gearing up for Y2K.

There was some comedian around at the time whose favorite tagline was, "What is this, Russia?" A few of us used that line at work, and when he heard it he nearly went into a full-on paranoid fit. It would have been funny if his reaction wasn't real. His head would jerk around and he'd have this crazy gleam in his eye like he was being hunted. Terrified of the Commies and the U.S. government at about the same level.

Also, for the bold:

hkHvhf9.jpg

• Fire 1

Wow, Carl had not seen that thanks. Tschu I am really not trying to attack anyone or single out any one either. I am simply saying that I don't disagree with people taking a stand to protect their rights against this administration. I had said also that I don't necessarily agree with what Bundy is doing as a whole, but I don't really blame him either. All in all the main stream media sucks donkey dicks and only reports on what fits their agenda at the time...So sad

oh boy.

jiFfM.jpg

Freak,

Good day sir.

flawless_victory-65136.gif

I have said for a long time (and I feel even stronger now) that the biggest threat to the US is the media in this country. They can do more harm than anything anyone can do in Washington. You will always have politicians who try to gain power by convincing the public of certain views. The media should be there to challenge them on those views not PROMOTE those views. When you have the media promoting one side and their convoluted views of the world that are only put out there to gain power, it is an EXTREMELY dangerous combination.

This isn't just about Fox News even though (as I said above) they have perfected the practice. This goes to web sites, email accounts, radio stations, talk shows, Hollywood documentaries and on and on and on....

It is extremely easy for anyone with a certain view to drown themselves in media that agrees with their views and insulate themselves away from anyone who disagrees with their views. Once that is done, they can be convinced of anything those media outlets want them to believe.

Still one of the best most profound videos from any "news" channel.