Kickoff Time Announcement Thread - Primetime Games: Miami, MSU, *FSU*

Let's see the reasons for complaining about the timeslot and being televised by CBS Sports Network.

1. I don't want to stay up that late to watch the game (come on, it's not that late, have a few drinks and enjoy it)

2. I don't get CBS Sports Network in my cable package (pony up the extra few bucks for the sports package or DirecTV if you want to watch your favorite team)

3. Recruits won't be able to watch the game when it's that late and on a bad network (recruits aren't watching college football on Saturdays anyway)

4. How could NU, Pelini, and Eichorst agree to this time slot? (NU doesn't have any say in this, it's all under the control of the MWC TV rights)

1. Game will end at 2 am on the east coast. My less get up between 5-6 am.

2. I do have the channel, and it's not HD. Many packed do not have it at all.

3. Don't care.

4. Don't play in high school stadiums on the west coast.

+1 on all and I would disagree with his statement in #3 that HS players aren't watching CFB on Saturdays.

i am excited for the fresno game. this will seem like an event. and it beats 11:00am games.

but who was excited about this game outside of nebraska anyway? this game does not have much draw to it, so i do not know what people were expecting. we will probably get the most viewers this way. more than if we were on BTN on primetime and competing with a nationally televised game.

Let's see the reasons for complaining about the timeslot and being televised by CBS Sports Network.

1. I don't want to stay up that late to watch the game (come on, it's not that late, have a few drinks and enjoy it)

2. I don't get CBS Sports Network in my cable package (pony up the extra few bucks for the sports package or DirecTV if you want to watch your favorite team)

3. Recruits won't be able to watch the game when it's that late and on a bad network (recruits aren't watching college football on Saturdays anyway)

4. How could NU, Pelini, and Eichorst agree to this time slot? (NU doesn't have any say in this, it's all under the control of the MWC TV rights)

Well said!

1. Game will end at 2 am on the east coast. My kids get up between 5-6 am.

3. Don't care.

Maybe it is just me but I don't notice this amazing huge difference from HD and "regular" def...Maybe my TV is just boss or maybe when I am out watching the game at bars I am not worried about seeing the sweat on a players face...

1. Game will end at 2 am on the east coast. My less get up between 5-6 am.

3. Don't care.

+1 on all and I would disagree with his statement in #3 that HS players aren't watching CFB on Saturdays.

Here are my reasons for stud HS players not sitting at home and watching CFB on Saturdays.

1. After a Friday night game, he will have to get up early and go watch film with his team.

2. After film study, he will probably go home and want to take a nap.

3. If he is a stud football player, he will probably have a hot girlfriend who will want to hang out with him (and he will probably want to try and bang).

4. For the slight chance he doesn't have a girlfriend, he will have a group of friends that will want to go hang out with (probably trying to find a place to drink or smoke out).

5. With all of reasons 1-4, there is still a group of kids who have a part-time job and will work on the weekends.

Now, yes there are the Nebraska high school athletes that do anything to watch the Huskers play on Saturday. But, those aren't typical. I am talking about the random high school player that plays at any state, doesn't really have a favorite college football team, and has a ton of options to do something besides watch college football at home.

• Fire 1

Also, about the complaints about CBS Sports Network not being HD for your cable package. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but I doubt your cable company forces you to have them for your TV. I have DirecTV and I know that CBS Sports Network comes in HD with them. If you really want it on HD, you can get it at home in HD.

I have seen many tweets from recruits considering Nebraska or committed to Nebraska commenting on the game that weekend as though they watched it. It is ridiculous to think that a top recruit that is trying to consider between 2-3 top programs isn't going to want to watch those programs on the weekend. Even if a small percentage want to do that, why put yourself in a time slot that would make it harder for them to do that?

3. Don't care.

Maybe it is just me but I don't notice this amazing huge difference from HD and "regular" def...Maybe my TV is just boss or maybe when I am out watching the game at bars I am not worried about seeing the sweat on a players face...

If your TV was "boss" it would be more noticeable.

Also, about the complaints about CBS Sports Network not being HD for your cable package. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but I doubt your cable company forces you to have them for your TV. I have DirecTV and I know that CBS Sports Network comes in HD with them. If you really want it on HD, you can get it at home in HD.

I'm not switching to satellite from Fiber (would be stupid in FL) for one game on a crap network I'll never watch again.

3. Don't care.

If your TV was "boss" it would be more noticeable.

Maybe it is sooooo boss that it makes everything seem HD

• Fire 1

I'm not switching to satellite from Fiber (would be stupid in FL) for one game on a crap network I'll never watch again.

Then don't bitch about it not being in HD.

I have seen many tweets from recruits considering Nebraska or committed to Nebraska commenting on the game that weekend as though they watched it. It is ridiculous to think that a top recruit that is trying to consider between 2-3 top programs isn't going to want to watch those programs on the weekend. Even if a small percentage want to do that, why put yourself in a time slot that would make it harder for them to do that?

Highlights...highlights...Thats all

Then don't bitch about it not being in HD.

nope

still sucks.