Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I haven't read the books, so take this with a grain of salt. But the episode last night was the first time I've felt the plot was disjointed and had some really odd story lines. I don't know if that is just me or if they are now on a different path without the original source material. It just felt a little odd.

Yeah, last night must have been an episode that sets up future episodes. I've not read the books either. Although I do have them. Just haven't made time for them. Yet.

But it's interesting to watch the various plotlines converging on the struggle for the iron throne, and the imminent battle with the whitewalkers. Last night's episode makes me wonder what's in store for Asha Greyjoy (Theon's sister). We might end up with a team of women and eunichs battling every else for all the marbles.

About last night's episode, was that the last ...

... direwolf? Are they all dead now?

No, Ghost (Jon Snow) is definintely still alive. Nymeria (Arya) also ran after biting Joffrey. I think those are the only known two left.

I haven't read the books, so take this with a grain of salt. But the episode last night was the first time I've felt the plot was disjointed and had some really odd story lines. I don't know if that is just me or if they are now on a different path without the original source material. It just felt a little odd.

Yeah, last night must have been an episode that sets up future episodes. I've not read the books either. Although I do have them. Just haven't made time for them. Yet.

But it's interesting to watch the various plotlines converging on the struggle for the iron throne, and the imminent battle with the whitewalkers. Last night's episode makes me wonder what's in store for Asha Greyjoy (Theon's sister). We might end up with a team of women and eunichs battling every else for all the marbles.

No, Ghost (Jon Snow) is definintely still alive. Nymeria (Arya) also ran after biting Joffrey. I think those are the only known two left.

I thought the rebel Nightwatch guys killed Ghost after they stabbed Jon Snow. I must be remembering wrong. Completely forgot about Arya's direwolf.

I thought the rebel Nightwatch guys killed Ghost after they stabbed Jon Snow. I must be remembering wrong. Completely forgot about Arya's direwolf.

No, remember he was locked in the room with Davos protecting Jon's dead body.

Ghost was there protecting Jon's body with the other loyal members of the watch and Davos. I'm wondering if Arya and Nymeria will be reunited at some point in the story if/when she makes it back to Westeros.

Book spoiler:

Nymeria is the alpha of a giant pack of wolves roaming the Riverlands. GRRM has stated that it is a Chekov's Gun situation with them. He wouldn't have introduced them if he didn't have a plan for them later.

Ghost was there protecting Jon's body with the other loyal members of the watch and Davos. I'm wondering if Arya and Nymeria will be reunited at some point in the story if/when she makes it back to Westeros.

Book spoiler:

Nymeria is the alpha of a giant pack of wolves roaming the Riverlands. GRRM has stated that it is a Chekov's Gun situation with them. He wouldn't have introduced them if he didn't have a plan for them later.

If that is the case, isn't that where Sansa and Jon are headed to recruit? Sansa's direwolf (Lady) was sacrificed because Arya told Nymeria to flee.

My favorite episode each season is usually the one set in one place and commonly a large battle. I'm hoping that one this season is Ramsay Bolton getting raped, neutered, and/or flayed by the Starks.

I think no matter how it happens, it won't be enough. That guy deserves an overhead camera shot of dogs pulling him apart. Camera focuses in on his face, dead eyes open, and body being yanked in a tug of war between them.

My favorite episode each season is usually the one set in one place and commonly a large battle. I'm hoping that one this season is Ramsay Bolton getting raped, neutered, and/or flayed by the Starks.

Maybe a group of Thenns will eat him alive as the flay him. : )

I think no matter how it happens, it won't be enough. That guy deserves an overhead camera shot of dogs pulling him apart. Camera focuses in on his face, dead eyes open, and body being yanked in a tug of war between them.

But he's such an awesome bad guy. lol. They can't kill off all the bad guys. Like Joffrey. They should not have killed him off. It would have been better if the poison had disfigured him. Made him into even more of a monster. The possibilities would have been endless. :thumbs:

I forgot about Thenns. Where have they been?

In the books, they have come down past the wall with the other wildlings. We haven't really seen any Thenns in the show since the Magnar told Olly he was going to eat his parents, and then Jon Snow killed him.