Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

The best thing that happened to the show was running out of material from the books.

Now that's just silly, and I don't really like the books. The show wouldn't exist without the books. The best thing to happen to the show was that the books were written and it was made. You could argue it's the best thing that's happened to the show since "blank."

Anyhow, I'm halfway through season 3 so I don't know but I'm guessing the show got boring with the same material that the books got boring. Although I didn't make it past book 1 in 10 years of trying until I finally had the whole series read to me.

My favoritest book series is being turned into a tv series. I hope it's half as good as the GoT TV series.

I don't think that he means it in the way you're taking it, Moiraine. He means that now that the two are no longer needing to be linked so heavily, the show isn't constricted to make certain things happen certain ways to appease fans, GRRM and things of that nature. Obviously they will still be fairly similar but the direction of both will be greater than what they were with no source material out there.

The best thing that happened to the show was running out of material from the books.

Now that's just silly, and I don't really like the books. The show wouldn't exist without the books. The best thing to happen to the show was that the books were written and it was made. You could argue it's the best thing that's happened to the show since "blank."

Anyhow, I'm halfway through season 3 so I don't know but I'm guessing the show got boring with the same material that the books got boring. Although I didn't make it past book 1 in 10 years of trying until I finally had the whole series read to me.

My favoritest book series is being turned into a tv series. I hope it's half as good as the GoT TV series.

I don't think that he means it in the way you're taking it, Moiraine. He means that now that the two are no longer needing to be linked so heavily, the show isn't constricted to make certain things happen certain ways to appease fans, GRRM and things of that nature. Obviously they will still be fairly similar but the direction of both will be greater than what they were with no source material out there.

It's basically like I said. It's the best thing that happened since some storylines got slow because they were slow in the books. However the one I see complaints about the most, Brienne, was more interesting in the books because a certain dead character came back. In the show they didn't bring the character back. (Not saying that's a bad thing in the long run but the show's writers went their own direction with Brienne, including some of the boring parts).

What book series is that, Moiraine?

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.

Is that the one that has 20 books in it?

No, no! 20 pictures GSG!!!

They are going to have a tough time making a tv series if the books only have 20 pictures in them

They are going to have a tough time making a tv series if the books only have 20 pictures in them

A Where the Wild Things Are movie exists... I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of possibility.

A Where the Wild Things Are movie exists... I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of possibility.
Hey! That's my childhood, slow yo roll!

Eye of the World

The Great Hunt

The Dragon Reborn

Shadow Rising

Fires of Heaven

Lord of Chaos

Crown of Swords

Path of Daggers

Winter's Heart

Knife of Dreams

The Gathering Storm

Towers of Midnight

A Memory of Light

No. Only 14. Plus a prequel called New Spring, a guidebook, an encyclopedia, and a coloring book.

That's not what I meant at all. Because the show is now out of material from the books, they are allowed to actually pivot towards the ending. They aren't dragged down by the various loose threads that GRRM has introduced in the last two books. It's made the show more tightly constructed and, overall, better.