Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

• 2 weeks later...

Season 4 - Episode 8: "The Mountain v. The Viper"

The fight scene was awesome and well acted by many. Because of some a'hole comment on another site, I knew what was coming. It was still great to watch.

gameofthrones14_640.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A few thoughts from last night's episode:

• Ramsay Bolton is batsh*t crazy.
  • I have a weird thing for Ygritte.
  • Arya laughing at Liza's death (and her situation) was perfect.
  • I can't wait to see what happens with Tyrion.
  • I feel bad for Jorah Mormont, I like his character.

I didn't have it spoiled for me, but it was not hard to see how that episode was going to end, especially the second that Oberon (sp?) walked into that thing more concerned about personal revenge than anything.

I did not realize until I saw someone talking about it that the mountain is the hound's brother.

Yeah, they talked about it in season 1 during the Kings Tournament about how the Mountain was the one who burned his face

Yeah, that fought quickly in that episode. The Hound (Sandor Clegane) came down from the stands after The Mountain (Gregor Clegane) was in a roid rage.

In related news, that actor is HUGE! 6'9" and 419 lbs!

9da0b044f8e3018b17e594093c6e8f71.jpg

Season 4 - Episode 9: "The Watchers on the Wall"

What did you guys think of last night's episode? It was very similar to Season Two's "Blackwater," as it all took place in one area and featured one huge set piece.

A few of my thoughts:

I really liked Ygritte and her relationship with Jon Snow. I knew someone big was going to die, but I am sad to see her go.

ioib4mx2qgyqnxls17ca.jpg

yrtqsh9myjboumezpdxr.gif

Holy sh*t! The giants and mammoths were awesome!

fjhcmiefuwiykrwbodas.jpg

ev7edp9ormx7rg81vvob.gif

th81nydsb5qotpeqh3wa.gif

Jon Snow is a badass. I'm glad to see his character and role in the series develop. I hope he isn't killed off too soon, as often happens with my favorites.

vr72civ2hfelg1tenm3m.jpg

I loved that episode. That was straight out of Lord of the Rings. Reminded me of Helm's Deep, and the shot of the massive fires and the wildling army coming out of the forest reminded me of the Return of the King shot of Denethor looking over the side of Minas Tirith to discover that a hundred thousand orcs were outside his city. Normally I would hate an episode with no King's Landing and no Lannisters, but man that was so well done.

I was sad to see Ygritte go. She looked pretty great naked a couple of seasons ago.

I loved that episode. That was straight out of Lord of the Rings. Reminded me of Helm's Deep, and the shot of the massive fires and the wildling army coming out of the forest reminded me of the Return of the King shot of Denethor looking over the side of Minas Tirith to discover that a hundred thousand orcs were outside his city. Normally I would hate an episode with no King's Landing and no Lannisters, but man that was so well done.

I was sad to see Ygritte go. She looked pretty great naked a couple of seasons ago.

I thought the same thing, especially with guys getting gored by massive bolts and falling hundreds of feet.

I don't know how the episode from last night looked to people who haven't read the books . . . but man was there a lot of missing context. I understand that a TV series or a movie will not be able to be as complex as books but they left out some really crucial things.

Also, I really disliked the Bran outside of the CotF cave scene. They've already used wights in the show . . . why suddenly switch to animated skeletons and then give the CotF magical grenades?

Oh well. Grumble. Grumble.