Who's Next?

Ward, unfortunately. Then Calvin probably.

Why "unfortunately "?
Not confident he's the quality of player we need right now. The other two teams recruiting him actively are Indiana and Iowa St. He's from Michigan and MichSt has 0 LB'er commits and from what I'm seeing isn't even remotely interested. Ranking aside (which isn't high), I find it worrisome we are the only upper level program interested in him. Maybe it's his academics but other programs should at least be keeping tabs on him.

Just my opinion though and obviously the coaches making the decision know much more than I. And if he ends up in red I'll cheer like hell for him.

• Fire 2

Why "unfortunately "?
Not confident he's the quality of player we need right now. The other two teams recruiting him actively are Indiana and Iowa St. He's from Michigan and MichSt has 0 LB'er commits and from what I'm seeing isn't even remotely interested. Ranking aside (which isn't high), I find it worrisome we are the only upper level program interested in him. Maybe it's his academics but other programs should at least be keeping tabs on him.

Just my opinion though and obviously the coaches making the decision know much more than I. And if he ends up in red I'll cheer like hell for him.

He's a project. This is the kinda kid big schools stay away from. Epley talked about that over the summer. We need more immediate impact players.

Why "unfortunately "?

Gotcha - haven't dug into his films and etc yet myself so I appreciate the perspective. I still think we get ISM ... we will take 3 right?

Why "unfortunately "?

Gotcha - haven't dug into his films and etc yet myself so I appreciate the perspective. I still think we get ISM ... we will take 3 right?

From what I've read we'll take Ward then if we get ISM we'll make room. I think we had ISM wrapped up till CU DC landed at Oregon.

From what I've read we'll take Ward then if we get ISM we'll make room. I think we had ISM wrapped up till CU DC landed at Oregon.

Kind of wonder if we've been undershooting the number of commits we're saying we're taking so we can still "take" the guys we want who aren't announcing until NSD as "extras." I don't know that really follows but it's plausible.