SIGNED - WR Stanley Morgan

Monique, we are excited for the future. With Coach Williams coaching your son, there is a good good chance he will make it to the NFL. One think you need to prepare him for before he gets to Nebraska is how rabid the fans are. Once he starts playing and making plays, he will have constant requests for autographs and pictures. He will be made into a celebrity to the level that the NFL guys are, and all this could happen to him when he is 18. His classmates will practically think he is a God. Nebraska football players are celebrities in the state and worshiped by many of the fans. He's going to have a lot on him at a young age and will be doing lots of interviews and having to answer lots of questions. So just prepare him and help ground him because kids can get lost in all that if it happens before they are ready. :)

With that being said, we are very excited about him coming to play at NU. You will find them to take great care of your son and to do what they said they will do and you'll hear horror stories from your friends about the schools some of their kids played for that didn't walk their talks. I'm so glad you guys gave Nebraska a chance. He will apart of a huge family with a ton of networking and webs that will open him up to all sorts of opportunities for his future. GO BIG RED!

Monique, we are excited for the future. With Coach Williams coaching your son, there is a good good chance he will make it to the NFL. One think you need to prepare him for before he gets to Nebraska is how rabid the fans are. Once he starts playing and making plays, he will have constant requests for autographs and pictures. He will be made into a celebrity to the level that the NFL guys are, and all this could happen to him when he is 18. His classmates will practically think he is a God. Nebraska football players are celebrities in the state and worshiped by many of the fans. He's going to have a lot on him at a young age and will be doing lots of interviews and having to answer lots of questions. So just prepare him and help ground him because kids can get lost in all that if it happens before they are ready. :)

With that being said, we are very excited about him coming to play at NU. You will find them to take great care of your son and to do what they said they will do and you'll hear horror stories from your friends about the schools some of their kids played for that didn't walk their talks. I'm so glad you guys gave Nebraska a chance. He will apart of a huge family with a ton of networking and webs that will open him up to all sorts of opportunities for his future. GO BIG RED!

thank you so much but not to sound bias but they treat him like that down here. He's a very loving and humble young man so i know he will play the part very well. Thank all of Nebraska for helping me.

ok keep me posted

Nice photos! I was in New Orleans for a Greek festival a few years back when I was in college. My roommate in college at Nebraska was from Shreveport so he made sure that I got a hefty dose of soul food and Cajun cooking. He now lives in New Orleans and is a chef down there...I'm definitely going to have to visit! Love that place!

where does he work so I can check him out

He's one of the chefs at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center...his fiance (wife in March) is an events planner there as well. He hasn't struck out on his own yet with a restaurant since this was a late career change (he was an accountant for many years before switching). Both him and his wife are from Nebraska and the wedding will be in Nebraska in March (I'm a groomsman!)

• 1 month later...

It's rare that I post in this forum anymore. It's still chalk full of good info thanks to Mav and a handful of other knowledgable folk, but I tend to just lurk for info more than anything anymore.

That said, it is fun to watch these commitment videos. Dang LeBron for coining the whole "taking my talents to..." bit.

As for Morgan, he seems highly regarded as a recruit. 4* guy on two sites. Haven't watched any film on him. But what impressed me most about him was the way he stopped to thank everyone who helped in his recruitment. School, friends, family, etc. didn't seem self centered or entitled like some of the recruits I've seen.

The kid already gets a thumbs up for character from me. Happy to have him as a part of the Big Red family. Welcome Stanley!

thanks
  • 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...