7 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Yeah, I figured you was messin' with me a bit. And I normally wouldn't classify those as "steak" but I was trying to give them as much leeway as possible. Those burritos are pretty good as is but would be awesome with even the modest upgrade to some top butt or a flat iron chuck steak. I take my meat pretty serious, thus the pet peeve and I thought some might find it kind of funny that I am so picky about it. It really does bug me that they call their pot roast meat, steak.

I hear you. I like when they are specific, like grilled vs roasted chicken. They could do something like that to indicate steak vs roast beef.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I hear you. I like when they are specific, like grilled vs roasted chicken. They could do something like that to indicate steak vs roast beef.

I suppose they don't want to be too specific. Who's going to buy a burrito called "One hell of a breakfast burrito with some meat that isn't fit for your dog"?

I say that as I am eating my 2nd one today for lunch :lol:

• Plus1 1

On 9/26/2017 at 8:09 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Also, everybody is too dumb for the new(ish) McDonald's split drive-thru.

Speaking of fast food, try not to eat it much but...

Let's say the #5 is a spicy chicken sandwich with pepperjack cheese and tomatoes and lettuce.
If I say I want the #5, I want a spicy chicken sandwich with pepperjack cheese and tomatoes and lettuce.

I don't want to get asked the following questions:

Do you want spicy or regular?
What kind of cheese do you want on it?

On the other hand working customer service sucks and people are stupid. They probably have to ask due to other people complaining when they order the #5 and they get exactly what was on the menu.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Speaking of fast food, try not to eat it much but...

Let's say the #5 is a spicy chicken sandwich with pepperjack cheese and tomatoes and lettuce.
If I say I want the #5, I want a spicy chicken sandwich with pepperjack cheese and tomatoes and lettuce.

I don't want to get asked the following questions:

Do you want spicy or regular?
What kind of cheese do you want on it?

On the other hand working customer service sucks and people are stupid. They probably have to ask due to other people complaining when they order the #5 and they get exactly what was on the menu.

I eat more fast food than I should. It's just to convenient when you're out and about during a busy day (Plus I buy my guys lunch a lot and the dollar menu is the way to go:lol:)

People are stupid, but few seem to be as stupid as fast food employees in my area. Seems like they mess something up at least every other time I go through. I especially like when, at McDonald's, it has the 'double checked' sticker that says no cheese, and the damn sandwich has cheese. I could kill when that happens.

52 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I eat more fast food than I should. It's just to convenient when you're out and about during a busy day (Plus I buy my guys lunch a lot and the dollar menu is the way to go:lol:)

People are stupid, but few seem to be as stupid as fast food employees in my area. Seems like they mess something up at least every other time I go through. I especially like when, at McDonald's, it has the 'double checked' sticker that says no cheese, and the damn sandwich has cheese. I could kill when that happens.

That's a bad mistake because if there's a severe dairy allergy someone might not even be able to eat the hamburger.

I agree, either I’m getting less tolerant of mistakes with age or fast food employees are rapidly becoming stupider. I would easily say my fast food orders get screwed up over 50% of the time. It’s not rocket science, there’s only a handful of things on the menu and most of them are usually already made just waiting to be tossed in a bag......and these Einstein’s find a way to f it up almost every time. Oh oh I know, with or without cheese makes it virtually impossible to get right. :facepalm:   Our unemployment situation must be excellent if these people have a job.

5 hours ago, El Diaco said:

I agree, either I’m getting less tolerant of mistakes with age or fast food employees are rapidly becoming stupider. I would easily say my fast food orders get screwed up over 50% of the time. It’s not rocket science, there’s only a handful of things on the menu and most of them are usually already made just waiting to be tossed in a bag......and these Einstein’s find a way to f it up almost every time. Oh oh I know, with or without cheese makes it virtually impossible to get right. :facepalm:   Our unemployment situation must be excellent if these people have a job.

$15 an hour, though.....

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Anybody worked fast food - no one working there gets paid enough to give a sh*t. If you want cheap food, you're going to get what you pay for.

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Anybody worked fast food - no one working there gets paid enough to give a sh*t. If you want cheap food, you're going to get what you pay for.

I'll agree that nobody working there gives a sh#t...now. But it wasn't always this way and the pay has never been great. The problem isn't necessarily the person packing the bag or handing it out the window. Management of the these places has dropped off significantly. I don't know if it's that simple or if they just can't find employees that will give a sh#t anymore.

On 10/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, El Diaco said:

I'll agree that nobody working there gives a sh#t...now. But it wasn't always this way and the pay has never been great. The problem isn't necessarily the person packing the bag or handing it out the window. Management of the these places has dropped off significantly. I don't know if it's that simple or if they just can't find employees that will give a sh#t anymore.

It's been that way for at least 25 years ago when I worked at McDonalds.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's been that way for at least 25 years ago when I worked at McDonalds.

Yeah, it's never been all that great but it was much better many years ago. All I know is that my orders get f'd up a lot more frequently now than in the past. Luckily I don't eat much fast food anymore. Hell, if you're eating out it's practically just as cheap to get a decent meal rather than fast food.

The only fast food job I ever had was in a Long John Silvers. That was back in the mid to late 70's. We may have been punk high school kids but we had at least a little pride in the job we did....most of the time. :lol:

38 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Yeah, it's never been all that great but it was much better many years ago. All I know is that my orders get f'd up a lot more frequently now than in the past. Luckily I don't eat much fast food anymore. Hell, if you're eating out it's practically just as cheap to get a decent meal rather than fast food.

The only fast food job I ever had was in a Long John Silvers. That was back in the mid to late 70's. We may have been punk high school kids but we had at least a little pride in the job we did....most of the time. :lol:

I don't eat fast food except when I can't avoid it, so maybe it's gotten worse than I remember.

I'm just saying that if you're getting cheap food, then you should expect to get what you pay for.