***Official 2014 Prediction Poll***

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've said this earlier in the year but there is a lot of eerie parallels between this upcoming season and how it went before Danny Nee's

#unfoundedspeculation

I'm curious how the media are hacks......unless they say that phrase.

Sports writers offer their opinions with an attempt to influence. Fortunately, those who attempted to influence the end of Pelini's tenure as the head football coach at the University of Nebraska could not have been more incorrect. Basic math skills would have helped some of them.

Had to go with over 3.5 losses. Only two or three wouldn't surprise me, and would be welcomed but, until this team shows they can put away weaker opponents and consistently hang with equal to better teams, there is no reason to think anything will be different. And imo, 4 losses with this schedule, this season, this many years into the Pelini regime..........well that wouldn't be good at all. I sure hope they exceed my expectation.

Had to go with over 3.5 losses. Only two or three wouldn't surprise me, and would be welcomed but, until this team shows they can put away weaker opponents and consistently hang with equal to better teams, there is no reason to think anything will be different. And imo, 4 losses with this schedule, this season, this many years into the Pelini regime..........well that wouldn't be good at all. I sure hope they exceed my expectation.

nothing solid to make me think any less than 3 losses.....just another new season with pre season koolaide being served.

nothing solid to make me think any less than 3 losses.....just another new season with pre season koolaide being served.
I love you.

I love you.
Take the bromance to the shed...geez! :lol:

11-1 and lose championship game and high ranking bowl game for 11-3 record.

I think 11-3 is the best record we can end up with, still questions kicking and punt coverage on special team side. DL and QB spot are lacking a lot of experience. The biggest worry is the turnover department, can we at least be even this year that would help big time.

Past history predicts future performance unless there is a 'change agent' inserted into the formula. I don't see any change agents that will have a dynamic affect to bring us to the elite status (win the conference). We will be better on D - Gregory will make us better but he will also be a marked man - double teams. So we need the other D-Line guys to step it up otherwise he will be neutralized. I think our O will be somewhat better - due to experience at the QB spot and all of the OL getting snaps last year. Yet, I don't see a game/season changing O that will get us into and win the CCG. Wisc and Iowa have an easier path.

I think we still end up wt 4 Ls unfortunately. MSU, Iowa, Wisc, and a surprise loss (NW, bowl, or Fresno or Miami). I see us with 5 Ls before I see us with just 2 I do think we have the talent to compete with anyone (thus on any given Saturday...) but we need to be more consistent in many phases of the game we've all talked about before.

We've cornered the market on being good enough to be respected but bad enough to not win any championships. I still have my doubts if Bo can get us there to be honest - hope for the best but it is hard to Kool Aid :koolaid2: drink anymore.

MSU was the biggest mystery last year. They really put together an incredible season with a team nobody thought was worth a damn. Everybody knew how good their defense was but the first half the season they couldn't score on anybody. Then they exploded out of nowhere. I'd say they have a good/great season again so beating them especially in East Lansing will be our toughest challenge on the year. Not impossible but unlikely. They do tend to struggle with us though and last year they owed us one. I'll be surprised if we win it but not shocked if we keep it really really close.

Nobody here thought they'd be worth a damn. They were listed as contenders by several "experts" and were endlessly mocked by the experts and insiders here.

I am guilty of discrediting them...hell, look how they were playing on offense at the beginning of their season. It was horrid. You could tell the D looked good, but that was it.

I was pretty adamant, hearing the daily cries of, "why the hell do these idiots think Michigan State is going to be so good?", that they would be a much better team than we thought. Even the week of our game with them hardly anybody thought they had a chance of beating us.

Their offense struggled early only because they had four co-starting quarterbacks. As soon as they figured out that Cook was the man their offense was pretty salty and honestly they were a questionable PI call against ND away from going undefeated.

MSU was the biggest mystery last year. They really put together an incredible season with a team nobody thought was worth a damn. Everybody knew how good their defense was but the first half the season they couldn't score on anybody. Then they exploded out of nowhere. I'd say they have a good/great season again so beating them especially in East Lansing will be our toughest challenge on the year. Not impossible but unlikely. They do tend to struggle with us though and last year they owed us one. I'll be surprised if we win it but not shocked if we keep it really really close.

Nobody here thought they'd be worth a damn. They were listed as contenders by several "experts" and were endlessly mocked by the experts and insiders here.

I am guilty of discrediting them...hell, look how they were playing on offense at the beginning of their season. It was horrid. You could tell the D looked good, but that was it.

I was pretty adamant, hearing the daily cries of, "why the hell do these idiots think Michigan State is going to be so good?", that they would be a much better team than we thought. Even the week of our game with them hardly anybody thought they had a chance of beating us.

Their offense struggled early only because they had four co-starting quarterbacks. As soon as they figured out that Cook was the man their offense was pretty salty and honestly they were a questionable PI call against ND away from going undefeated.

They had multiple QB's because Cook was awful in the early season.

Probably somewhat of a self-fulfilling thing don't you think? Only give a young quarterback a few reps and he might not be able to produce the way he would being 'the guy'. Either way, the majority of our fanbase dismissed them as not being legitimate, and continued to dismiss them even after our game because apparently we were better than them we just turned the ball over :P

Probably somewhat of a self-fulfilling thing don't you think? Only give a young quarterback a few reps and he might not be able to produce the way he would being 'the guy'. Either way, the majority of our fanbase dismissed them as not being legitimate, and continued to dismiss them even after our game because apparently we were better than them we just turned the ball over :P

No, not really. I watched MSU a bunch early, they had to take him out because he wasn't doing anything at the helm.

As for that game, Nebraska handed them a W. With five turnovers, 3-4 or which were unforced (MSU had zero), it was a 1 score game with 8 minutes to go. So, I can see why people think that.