Joseph and Tolbert Arrested

They might have more work for them in the long run by being reactive but how moral is it for them to essentially create criminal acts? Don't tell me that the person was going to do the criminal act regardless... he might have but we get into the assumptions game and no one wins that.

Just please stop with this bull$h!t. How are the police creating criminal acts here?

It's not bologna. By placing the bikes, the police are essentially creating a stimulus to cause the criminal act.

We had all sorts of these scenarios in law school and constantly had to re-evaluate our assumptions and alter our way of thinking. I understand the frustration, I was in your same mindset my entire time there. Sorry if I'm frustrating anyone by providing a different perspective with any of this.

It's not bologna. By placing the bikes, the police are essentially creating a stimulus to cause the criminal act.

We had all sorts of these scenarios in law school and constantly had to re-evaluate our assumptions and alter our way of thinking. I understand the frustration, I was in your same mindset my entire time there. Sorry if I'm frustrating anyone by providing a different perspective with any of this.

3783720-lol.gif

• Fire 2

LAW SCHOOL?!?!?!

Hahahahaha!

Yessir (or mam). Great on a resume, terrible to practice. Thankfully it didn't take me long to switch careers after that experience.

If you're intending to insult by that comment however, I don't appreciate that. Just because you disagree with my perspective doesn't mean that either of us are wrong. It's just a difference of opinion.

LAW SCHOOL?!?!?!

Hahahahaha!

Yessir (or mam). Great on a resume, terrible to practice. Thankfully it didn't take me long to switch careers after that experience.

If you're intending to insult by that comment however, I don't appreciate that. Just because you disagree with my perspective doesn't mean that either of us are wrong. It's just a difference of opinion.

No, I don't intend to insult. I intend to call BS. Your clear misunderstanding of entrapment indicates that not only have you never been in law school, but you have not even watched enough Perry Mason reruns to form an educated opinion on what it means.

Feel free to cite legal precedent to explain how this situation is a case of entrapment. You might want to start with the definition. I will happily concede your point if you can provide a cogent argument.

LAW SCHOOL?!?!?!

Hahahahaha!

No, I don't intend to insult. I intend to call BS. Your clear misunderstanding of entrapment indicates that not only have you never been in law school, but you have not even watched enough Perry Mason reruns to form an educated opinion on what it means.

Feel free to cite legal precedent to explain how this situation is a case of entrapment. You might want to start with the definition. I will happily concede your point if you can provide a cogent argument.

My argument has been coherent. And I haven't used the word entrapment once in my writing. I also have not said that the police tactic is illegal, I simply disagreed with it. I have been in law school and studied entrapment briefly (Crim law was only a semester so it was pretty quick) but I didn't consider this to be an entrapment situation at all. I'm sorry if that is how you read to understand it.

Honestly, I didn't intend to take this discussion out this long. I simply wanted to defend the two kids whose characters were being blasted. They made wrong decisions and I thought some people were being rather harsh towards them and making assumptions about the kids. Sorry to ruffle anyone by disagreeing with their opinions.

By the way, I have never seen Perry Mason so that reference was lost on me.

A few years ago, Tempe, AZ had some sort of program where they put cruiser? bikes along Mill Ave. (IIRC) for people to use for free...

I think they were from the ASU abandoned surplus stuff or donated...might have painted them pink or something so people wouldn't be tempted to keep them...Google isn't helping me prove it wasn't a dream

i

They did that a few years ago at UNL, too. The bikes were painted distinctly (red stripes on them, I think) to make it clear that they were campus bikes. The program ended when all of the bikes were stolen, IIRC.

You'd think the football program would have a set of their own bikes for players to use. I spose that would be against some ncaa rule. God forbid they have an economical, cheap, green, healthy way to travel around town.

Most places a UNL student (athlete or not) is going to want to go are within walking distance. The player wanted to go downtown. That's like 5 blocks from where he stole the bike.

You'd think the football program would have a set of their own bikes for players to use. I spose that would be against some ncaa rule. God forbid they have an economical, cheap, green, healthy way to travel around town.

Most places a UNL student (athlete or not) is going to want to go are within walking distance. The player wanted to go downtown. That's like 5 blocks from where he stole the bike.

Really??? I don't think so. Plenty of places they might want to go that are definitely not within walking distance unless you want to spend your entire day walking.