Miami picks up a ringer QB

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Quarterback Jake Heaps is transferring from Kansas to Miami, where the former five-star recruit will join a team short on experienced passers.

Hurricanes coach Al Golden announced in a news release Sunday that Heaps has signed a financial aid agreement with the school. He has already graduated and will be eligible to play immediately.

Miami is trying to find a replacement for last year's starter, Stephen Morris.

Ryan Williams, who was the backup to Morris, was expected to enter next season as Miami's starting quarterback, but he is recovering from a knee injury. That leaves redshirt freshmanKevin Olsen, sophomore Gray Crow and incoming freshmen Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier competing for the job.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11089208/jake-heaps-transferring-kansas-jayhawks-miami-hurricanes

Basically, Miami's QB's are not good.

So, a few years ago...............Wisky picks up Russell right before we play them. Then Fresno gets a transfer right before we play them. Now Miami picks up a transfer RIGHT before we play them. Hmmm. Pattern here?

Wiscy actually did it twice, but you dont remember the second one cuz he sucked, like these two guys will. Russel wilson was the anomoly, not the norm.

• Fire 1

So, a few years ago...............Wisky picks up Russell right before we play them. Then Fresno gets a transfer right before we play them. Now Miami picks up a transfer RIGHT before we play them. Hmmm. Pattern here?

Wiscy actually did it twice, but you dont remember the second one cuz he sucked, like these two guys will. Russel wilson was the anomoly, not the norm.

Hope that is correct. Just like I hope the Fresno guy will not turn in a Russellesque performance against us Sept 20th.............

I agree. RW proved his skill by what he is doing in the NFL... very few guys can come in short notice, pick up the system and be a success.

McNeese St as well. Rutgers had a transfer QB before he was arrested and kicked off the team.

I agree. RW proved his skill by what he is doing in the NFL... very few guys can come in short notice, pick up the system and be a success.

Comparing RW to Heaps is not a good idea. RW was great at NC St, Heaps is now on his 3rd school and hasn't proved much prior, except lighting up non-BCS level teams. I wouldn't be surprised if he ISN'T the starting QB vs NU week 3.

Miami must be pretty desperate. This guy, though highly rated out of HS, has done nothing to show he going to be anything great. RW had some pretty good stats and games at NCST before transferring. For some reason the HC at NCST decided he like the other QB better. He fit more of the drop back passer mode the coach was looking for.

Hope that is correct. Just like I hope the Fresno guy will not turn in a Russellesque performance against us Sept 20th.............

Heaps got beat out at BYU AND Kansas. I could be wrong but it seems to me that if he was that good, he would have remained in one place for his collegiate career.