"Mt. Rushmore" - Husker Running Backs

Doug DuBose needs mentioning and Lawrence Phillips regardless of his off the field trouble was one of our best running backs on it.

If Dubose hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been great. Keith Jones was the Ameer Abdullah of the 1980s.

One of the saddest sideline interviews I ever saw was a very humble Doug DuBose talking about his injury and how he was just going to work as hard as he could to come back. Truly a nice guy too.

Doug DuBose needs mentioning and Lawrence Phillips regardless of his off the field trouble was one of our best running backs on it.

If Dubose hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been great. Keith Jones was the Ameer Abdullah of the 1980s.

One of the saddest sideline interviews I ever saw was a very humble Doug DuBose talking about his injury and how he was just going to work as hard as he could to come back. Truly a nice guy too.

Nice guy. Me and my brother got our picture taken with him after he'd been injured when I was like 6 years old or so.

• Fire 1

Okay, I'm going to cheat a little bit and throw a QB into the mix. I'm taking all my Rushmore faces from the '82 team, the year before the scoring explosion: Roger Craig, Mike Rozier, Irving Fryar and Turner Gill.

I realize these might not be absolutely the best four three running backs to ever play at Nebraska. But they might be among the best three to play on the same team. And not just Nebraska. But any team, evar. :lol:

The first 3 are easy; LP, Rozier, & Green of course with the usual caveats about Phillips off field behavior. But number 4 is up in the air and wide open for debate. Calvin Jones, Doug Dubose, Ken Clark, Roger Craig, Ameer, Rex, Jarvis, IM Hipp, Jeff Kinney, and probably about a half a dozen others also. We have had no shortage of awesome RB's. Many of them would have been all time greats except the were giving up playing time early to their predecessor and late to their replacement.

Okay, I'm going to cheat a little bit and throw a QB into the mix. I'm taking all my Rushmore faces from the '82 team, the year before the scoring explosion: Roger Craig, Mike Rozier, Irving Fryar and Turner Gill.

I realize these might not be absolutely the best four three running backs to ever play at Nebraska. But they might be among the best three to play on the same team. And not just Nebraska. But any team, evar. :lol:

Fryar was a receiver....

Fryar was a receiver....

Wingback. :lol:

Nice guy. Me and my brother got our picture taken with him after he'd been injured when I was like 6 years old or so.

Very cool. Do you still have that picture? If so you should post it!

Very cool. Do you still have that picture? If so you should post it!

It's at my mom's, and me and my brother look like freaks(the 80s were a rough look for beanman) so I don't think I'll be posting it. It was at this game in Lawrence. My first Husker game.

http://www.huskermax.com/games/1986/10kansas.html

• Fire 1