:01 - Because it still eats me up.

Also if i recall, a lot of the hubub about it esp on talk shows and such was not that a second was put back on cuz we can all agree that there was in fact a second left. But rather the procedure. I believe it was hammered over and over that an official review can not be called for simply to put time back on but rather another circumstance has to require review and the time ashusted from there.

Also. On jan 1, 1994, officials put a second back on the clock without review, FOR US. But we missed the damn kick anyway so thats forgotten in this whole deal.

Would the people who constantly bring this up feel good about the win, knowing that the game was ended because of a referee error? I sure wouldn't.

Me neither. We had that game won, but then we deserved to lose it at that point. Colt McCoy almost screwed it up by hilariously taking nearly 13 seconds on a play that started with the clock running, and I think they had a timeout anyway, but by that point it had already gone from "We're gonna win" to "Oh god, I hope they don't have a decent kicker." We came up short, as we do in some games, but sometimes we get deflected balls and Hail Marys and 57-yard field goals.

Still very proud of that '09 team. Not only was it great fun to watch, they took the tough loss in stride, went right to work and showed everyone what we could do at the Holiday Bowl. It was a no-nonsense team that held itself to the highest of standards, and the way they carried themselves that year in spite of all the adversity (a starting QB with a half functional arm after injuring it in game three, as well as a number of tough, lingering injuries at OL and TE) has been something we haven't really seen since. But don't say Bo never had the Huskers in a really good place, because he did.

I thought the 2010 Texas game was far more outrageous than the 2009 game.

Are you talking in terms of officiating? Or in terms of pooping our pant when we had another tailor-madechance to kick their teeth in?

This is a serious question

The latter. I was actually proud and optimistic after the 2009 game, but pessimistic and deflated after the 2010 game. 2010 was a perfect recipe to finally put the smack down on Texas with furious vengeance. But they blew it.

Perhaps we were simply never meant to beat Texas (the 1999 CCG being an enjoyable exception), so in hindsight, we should be content with the team's performance in the 2009 game. We found creative ways to lose to Texas so many other times, but '09 was a source of pride. That 2010 clunker was an embarrassment.

• Fire 1

In defeat of 09 I felt good. We outplayed the #2 team in the country. It gave me serious chills to think about our potential.

In defeat of 10 I felt heartbroken. We were ranked #5 and in 4 short quarters, all that feel good hope from the previous year was gone. I went to that game. Ive never seen such a sad site as being among my Husker brethren doing the walk of shame out of our stadium that day. Ive been to alot of losses, but not like that.

Again--the problem lies with the inconsistent officiating, and not the last :01, per se--the officials let time bleed off the clock the whole game, but they decide on this last play, when it obviously favors Texass, to change what they had done all game long and put time back on the clock?

That's about the dumbest argument I've heard. You really want to stop after each dead ball and review whether the clock was stopped exactly correctly? Or because the game isn't stopped to make sure after each and every tackle the ball is spotted at precisely the right spot they shouldn't review whether someone made it across the goal line for a touchdown?

Everybody always talked about how we got screwed in the 94 (93 season) Orange Bowl, yet the clock read 0:00, Bowden got a gatorade bath, but 2 seconds were put back on the clock, and btw we had time to get the FG unit out there which we might not have been able to do had the refs simply moved the chains immediately and restarted the clock. We missed the FG so people forget.

And this is about the dumbest reply I've heard, because officials actually do that. Routinely officials ask for clocks to be reset or have time added back to them.

Or do you not f*****g watch football?

• Fire 1

Again--the problem lies with the inconsistent officiating, and not the last :01, per se--the officials let time bleed off the clock the whole game, but they decide on this last play, when it obviously favors Texass, to change what they had done all game long and put time back on the clock?

That's about the dumbest argument I've heard. You really want to stop after each dead ball and review whether the clock was stopped exactly correctly? Or because the game isn't stopped to make sure after each and every tackle the ball is spotted at precisely the right spot they shouldn't review whether someone made it across the goal line for a touchdown?

Everybody always talked about how we got screwed in the 94 (93 season) Orange Bowl, yet the clock read 0:00, Bowden got a gatorade bath, but 2 seconds were put back on the clock, and btw we had time to get the FG unit out there which we might not have been able to do had the refs simply moved the chains immediately and restarted the clock. We missed the FG so people forget.

And this is about the dumbest reply I've heard, because officials actually do that. Routinely officials ask for clocks to be reset or have time added back to them.

Or do you not f*****g watch football?

After every dead ball (which is what I said)? No, they don't. They absolutely don't. They might do it a couple times a game on average.

I'm out. Way too much whining and nitpicking about a game 5 years ago.

Would the people who constantly bring this up feel good about the win, knowing that the game was ended because of a referee error? I sure wouldn't.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, Moiraine. I actually agree with the call. As much as I hate the Whorns, winning that game meant a lot more to them then it would have to us. IIRC, they were ranked very highly that year and went on to play in a BCS bowl.

Husker Fan Rule #3- thou shalt NEVER give the Texass Whorns the benefit of the doubt or afford them one kind thought, ever. 1 demerit recorded.

• Fire 1

2009 BigXII CCG was my first Husker road trip. And boy was it memorable. Elation to heartbreak in the span of a minute or two. Brutal.

Same here. My first and only road trip to a Husker game. I think this is why I have trouble making another.

Equally gun-shy here. My resume includes 2001 Rose Bowl, 2006 USC (2007, as well, but we'll keep with road games), and 2011 Michigan.

Some real stinkers there. Makes for a LOOOOOOONG day when you're outnumbered wearing red. Ugh.

Also, I'm happy to see the amount of objectivity in this thread. I never understood the uproar from day one, when we benefitted from the same exact call in Jan 1994 (although our guy thought the uprights stood in the corner of the end zone, obviously).

It was a tough loss. Our defense played at a National Championship calibre level. Our offense ... not so much.

2009 BigXII CCG was my first Husker road trip. And boy was it memorable. Elation to heartbreak in the span of a minute or two. Brutal.

Same here. My first and only road trip to a Husker game. I think this is why I have trouble making another.

Equally gun-shy here. My resume includes 2001 Rose Bowl, 2006 USC (2007, as well, but we'll keep with road games), and 2011 Michigan.

Some real stinkers there. Makes for a LOOOOOOONG day when you're outnumbered wearing red. Ugh.

Also, I'm happy to see the amount of objectivity in this thread. I never understood the uproar from day one, when we benefitted from the same exact call in Jan 1994 (although our guy thought the uprights stood in the corner of the end zone, obviously).

It was a tough loss. Our defense played at a National Championship calibre level. Our offense ... not so much.

The big difference there is they didn't review to see if there was time left in '94. The ref saw that there was still time left after the play. In '09, when they blew the whistle they didn't see any time left because the clock hit zero almost immediately after the whistle was blown. What most people are confused about is that they reviewed the play just to see if there was time left, which I have never seen another instance of that ever happening. But I have moved on from this game, and it doesn't bother me anymore. Yeah it sucks that we lost, but we got the nation's attention and went into the next year with momentum and a bad taste in our mouths, but we didn't make the most of it.