Artists Whose Best Album was their Debut

Was just listening to some Boston which got me thinking...which bands or artists out there have done their best work in their debut?

Boston - Boston

Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Pearl Jam - Ten

The Doors - The Doors

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Nelly - Country Grammar

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

That's just after a couple of minutes of digging around and thinking. But I am not a music person and my musical knowledge is extremely limited - some of you on the board have probably forgotten more about music than I've ever known. I think Boston will forever be the best example of a front-loaded career, but I'm sure there's plenty of examples of this out there. What other artists have had their best work come in their debut?

• Fire 1

I also thought about Linkin Park, imo their debut is still by far their best, but many people don't share in that opinion

That surprises me. What do many Linkin Park fans consider their best album? Not a big fan personally, but I liked Hybrid Theory. It was the least laughable attempt at that style of music, I thought.

I also thought about Linkin Park, imo their debut is still by far their best, but many people don't share in that opinion

That surprises me. What do many Linkin Park fans consider their best album? Not a big fan personally, but I liked Hybrid Theory. It was the least laughable attempt at that style of music, I thought.

My sentiments exactly. At one point I legitamitely enjoyed every single song on that album. I think they just got way to emotional and whiny WAY too quickly.

• Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1978). Starring Stevie Nicks (I worshiped her). Actually not a debut but second album.
  • Rush - Fly By Night (1975). Again, second album I believe. Great album while high (MJ joint)

Both bands are still active.

Oh I forgot one band for above list ...

• Backstreet Boys (just kidding !!!) - master of lip-sync skills in live concert. Worse than Monkees.

330px-FMacRumours.PNGRush_Fly_by_Night.jpg

My sentiments exactly. At one point I legitamitely enjoyed every single song on that album. I think they just got way to emotional and whiny WAY too quickly.

I know a few people who really like Meteora, better than Hybrid Theory. But it's too watered-down for my liking - you can't show up as brash and hard as Hybrid Theory and then walk it back to, well, whatever Linkin Park is now. Basically as safe as Coldplay and the mascots for the Transformers series of movies. Sad.