Artists Whose Best Album was their Debut

• Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1978). Starring Stevie Nicks (I worshiped her). Actually not a debut but second album.
  • Rush - Fly By Night (1975). Again, second album I believe. Great album while high (MJ joint)

I don't think you're really understanding the point of this thread.

What? I thought exactly the point of this thread.

Fleetwood Mac joined by Stevie was the first debut (Rumours)

And Rush trio (Lee, Neil, Alex) was the first debut (Fly by Night)

Nah, Fleetwood Mac's self-titled had Stevie. See: Rhiannon

But I'm with you on Rumours being great; as a matter of fact I have Rumours as my #1 greatest album of all time (not necessarily my favorite, just the one that I think is the GOAT)

Nah, Fleetwood Mac's self-titled had Stevie. See: Rhiannon

But I'm with you on Rumours being great; as a matter of fact I have Rumours as my #1 greatest album of all time (not necessarily my favorite, just the one that I think is the GOAT)

You're right. My first thoughts, Rumours release was before Rhiannon (my bad)

Rhiannon Live. No computer enhancements and lip-sync was not available. I was hypnotized by her voice especially 3:50 youtube mark. Stevie's is unique, fragile and stunningly voice yet haunting ...... one of a kind. And true emotions and feelings are too much to bear. She's a legend and no doubt about it, Queen of Rock & Roll. So is Buckingham's guitar playing.

BTW, after a decade absence, Christine McVie will be re-joining Fleetwood Mac mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Buckingham and Stevie :koolaid2::thumbs

I also thought about Linkin Park, imo their debut is still by far their best, but many people don't share in that opinion

That surprises me. What do many Linkin Park fans consider their best album? Not a big fan personally, but I liked Hybrid Theory. It was the least laughable attempt at that style of music, I thought.

My sentiments exactly. At one point I legitamitely enjoyed every single song on that album. I think they just got way to emotional and whiny WAY too quickly.

I know a few people who really like Meteora, better than Hybrid Theory. But it's too watered-down for my liking - you can't show up as brash and hard as Hybrid Theory and then walk it back to, well, whatever Linkin Park is now. Basically as safe as Coldplay and the mascots for the Transformers series of movies. Sad.

The actual band members have a bit of a personal disdain for Meteora, explicitly explaining tons of times how it's essentially a Hybrid Theory 2.0 that was made to satisfy the enormous pressure of Warner to continue the money train and that pidgeonholed the band for a long time.

The band is still pretty dear to me partly because I grew up as they did. I don't hold it against you because I doubt you pay much specific attention to them but they have been anything but safe since the Meteora album. Listen through A Thousand Suns, look at the record sales and listen to how the songs are about as anti-radio friendly as it gets as Exhibit A. Actually just look at the lead single - almost six minutes long, no traditional song structure, and no rap/rock dueling that brought them success.

With the exception of Meteora every album they've made has been radically different and progressive (not in general but specifically for them as a band).