Pelini mentioned 55 players have GPS tracking systems on!?

I think this is pretty cool and it can really tell a lot. I read something last night where it mentioned it keeps a bunch of vital statistics on the player also such as heart rate...etc.

I honestly think this would be most interesting on the non starters. Something I believe strongly is that you have to get everyone involved as much as possible in practice. Players standing around, no matter if they are 3rd or 4th string, doesn't help anyone. coaches are naturally going to focus most of their concentration on the starters and their immediate backups. But, what are the other players doing? Are they working hard and improving also? I think this could help them figure that out.

FSU rides GPS technology to title

The Seminoles' 'secret sauce' has been replicated in college football, NFL

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11121315/florida-state-seminoles-coach-jimbo-fisher-use-gps-technology-win-national-championship

I didn't think we would be far behind. It sounds like Pelini has been talking to a lot of coaches and implementing a lot of innovative ideas. Good for him.

• Fire 4

I think this is pretty cool and it can really tell a lot. I read something last night where it mentioned it keeps a bunch of vital statistics on the player also such as heart rate...etc.

I honestly think this would be most interesting on the non starters. Something I believe strongly is that you have to get everyone involved as much as possible in practice. Players standing around, no matter if they are 3rd or 4th string, doesn't help anyone. coaches are naturally going to focus most of their concentration on the starters and their immediate backups. But, what are the other players doing? Are they working hard and improving also? I think this could help them figure that out.

This GPS deal seems like it could bear some fruit and provide all kinds of useful information that could help them customize practices and activities for specific players. What would really be cool is if they adopt the already tested practice procedures NU used back in the day. The juggernaut that Nebraska football used to be was a direct result of the way they practiced and involved everyone. It sort of blows my mind that we have not tried to emulate that more considering the success we had with it.

This GPS deal seems like it could bear some fruit and provide all kinds of useful information that could help them customize practices and activities for specific players. What would really be cool is if they adopt the already tested practice procedures NU used back in the day. The juggernaut that Nebraska football used to be was a direct result of the way they practiced and involved everyone. It sort of blows my mind that we have not tried to emulate that more considering the success we had with it.

note all the rules changes since then wonder why.

note all the rules changes since then wonder why.

I do realize that there are more limitations on being able to do things exactly the same way. And, maybe I just don't know enough about how the practices used to be structured or how they are now and how they could emulate it more. Maybe it would be impossible to do it that way now. But I do know the way they used to structure practices is at the top of everyone's list for why the 90's were the way they were for us. If you're telling me it is just not possible, well, maybe you are correct.

We've already done what I consider to be the best part (at least to some extent). A couple years ago we started running multiple offense vs. defense stations again. I think Osborne used to do three (or more) but I think we're doing two usually now. There aren't as many scholarship players now but I think it's huge to get at least the #2s as many reps as possible.

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC 3m

Kenny Bell said GPS last year tracked him as running about 6-7 miles during a practice. This year, it's 3 miles. He says his body can tell.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing though?

At this point I'm gonna say what we have been doing has not worked, so any change is welcome until proven otherwise. #4losses.

Of course, this rash of injuries has really been something. Not sure if you can attribute it to anything though.