Michael Rose hurt...seems serious.

Technically CJax has a redshirt too. You are allowed a medical redshirt apart from the original one used for development.

Actually CJax would use his normal RS since he played as a true Fr. You only get that extra Med Rs. 6th year after you finish 5 and you have you submit to the NCAA to get it approved. It isn't guaranteed. Either way, CJax has a RS year to use and can use that this year.

Terrible to lose Jackson, Alexander, and now Rose all in one week. Being Rose is only a sophomore, at least he still has a redshirt to use. Additionally these are coming early in camp, so it will give the guys that need to step up time time and reps. I don't think it's time to push the panic button quite yet. Injuries and suspensions happen; lucky for us, it's been at positions we have some depth and it's not as if we lost returning All-Americans. All three were expected to contribute and have showed flashes of promise, but were far from finished products. Even with their losses, the gaping hole behind the starting DEs is more concerning, in my opinion.

Actually Rose has already used his RS in 2012. He will be a Jr. next year. If for some reason he wants to play another year beyond his 5 year, he would have to apply for a Medical RS waiver from the NCAA after he finishes his 5th year.

Terrible to lose Jackson, Alexander, and now Rose all in one week. Being Rose is only a sophomore, at least he still has a redshirt to use. Additionally these are coming early in camp, so it will give the guys that need to step up time time and reps. I don't think it's time to push the panic button quite yet. Injuries and suspensions happen; lucky for us, it's been at positions we have some depth and it's not as if we lost returning All-Americans. All three were expected to contribute and have showed flashes of promise, but were far from finished products. Even with their losses, the gaping hole behind the starting DEs is more concerning, in my opinion.

Actually Rose has already used his RS in 2012. He will be a Jr. next year. If for some reason he wants to play another year beyond his 5 year, he would have to apply for a Medical RS waiver from the NCAA after he finishes his 5th year.

My mistake, time flys, man!

What about Gangwish? I know people were saying he was good but haven't heard much about him every getting PT. Any chance these injuries (as much as they suck) open up room for him to play at all?

Sounds like he's already in a rotation at DE. These injuries won't affect his position.

Papuchis made it clear the back up DE spots are wide open.

“I think that’s one of the biggest issues we’ve got to make sure that we get resolved here going forward,” he said. “We have guys to pick from, we’ve just got to firm up who it’s going to be, and right now, no one’s stepped up and taken the job yet."

http://hailvarsity.com/2014/08/papuchis-impressed-with-young-dbs/

Technically CJax has a redshirt too. You are allowed a medical redshirt apart from the original one used for development.

Actually CJax would use his normal RS since he played as a true Fr. You only get that extra Med Rs. 6th year after you finish 5 and you have you submit to the NCAA to get it approved. It isn't guaranteed. Either way, CJax has a RS year to use and can use that this year.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Time for Bando To STEP UP. But who's next in line to spell him.... he can't play every play of every game

Trevor Roach or David Santos

Sounds like Roach had been working at BUCK but will now move back inside to backup Bando. Santos likely starts at BUCK, not sure who would back him up although it could be Roach at both spots for now.

Time for Bando To STEP UP. But who's next in line to spell him.... he can't play every play of every game

Trevor Roach or David Santos

Sounds like Roach had been working at BUCK but will now move back inside to backup Bando. Santos likely starts at BUCK, not sure who would back him up although it could be Roach at both spots for now.

I'm assuming Newby or Love, they've both had a year in the system.

I'm assuming Newby or Love, they've both had a year in the system.

Yeah, I think they've both been working on the outside but not sure which spot. Newby still getting reps at DE so he's definitely in the action but it won't surprise me if Roach works at both spots until one of them really gets up to speed.