Sipple ties ticket sales to Pelini's job

knapplc

I would say that playing for the league title on the conference championship game 3 out of the last 6 years would at least give you hope. So, this talk of fans not having any faith in winning, so they're not coming has no real basis. Now, would winning a title provide a small bump, probably. The readily available televised games via the BTN and weak schedule are much bigger issues. What's the cheapest season tickets right now, $60 a person, per game? So, $240 for a family of four, just to get in the door, vs watching on your HD TV with all the comforts of home.

Yeah I can't really afford to go to more than like 2 home games a year unless the ticket price is way low. No road trip for me this year - spent a week in Florida which was pretty much the entire year's travel budget. But I will get season basketball tickets because well they're cheap.

To me there is nothing better than being at the game at Memorial Stadium. I love to go down and have a few drinks before hand and go and soak up the atmosphere before during and after the games. I guess I don't have have season tickets, but wish I could. We usually try to get to a couple games a year if we can. Now, yes sitting at my house in my recliner watching the game is comfy but being there is an amazing experience every time.

Basically word for word what I would say.

This my friends is the beginning of the end. Hearing/reading these words on this site is alarming to say the least. We are Fans of Nebraska, supposed to be the best fans in college football. The passion is dying, and that is truly sad. If you have the opportunity to go, you go, many do not have that luxury. they need to know we support them, behind them, have their back. These are very sad words for me. I am very disappointed in some of you. I can understand the reasons, but I think of my father, grand father and great grandfather living to go to Nebraska games. Dying shortly after his last game, but he went, because the team deserved his support. Pride is dying, the love the program is dying and it seems rapidly; I hear it almost every where I go. I am not sure a change of coaching is going to fix the problem. gone on too long, sad realization for me. Never expected this from this board and from the leaders of this board. But what has been said is very close to the truth. taken advantage of, forgotten about. Sad sad sad situation.

A lot of have quit on this team. I will never quit on this team Never have been a big fan of Bo, my wife absolutely hates him. Hard to live under the same roof with this attitude, how many others are livnign this way.

It is not about drining the most, making the biggest fool out of your self. It is to support the young kids that put their boddies and well being on the line. This truly needs to be fixed.

This my friends is the beginning of the end.

The passion is dying, and that is truly sad. If you have the opportunity to go, you go, many do not have that luxury.

I am very disappointed in some of you.

Never expected this from this board and from the leaders of this board.

A lot of have quit on this team. I will never quit on this team Never have been a big fan of Bo, my wife absolutely hates him. Hard to live under the same roof with this attitude, how many others are livnign this way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the guy who didn't go to the UCLA game (even though you're in California) 'cause his wife didn't want him to? You really have no room to say you're disappointed in any of these people and you're being way over the top dramatic about this.

• Fire 7

This my friends is the beginning of the end. Hearing/reading these words on this site is alarming to say the least. We are Fans of Nebraska, supposed to be the best fans in college football. The passion is dying, and that is truly sad. If you have the opportunity to go, you go, many do not have that luxury. they need to know we support them, behind them, have their back. These are very sad words for me. I am very disappointed in some of you. I can understand the reasons, but I think of my father, grand father and great grandfather living to go to Nebraska games. Dying shortly after his last game, but he went, because the team deserved his support. Pride is dying, the love the program is dying and it seems rapidly; I hear it almost every where I go. I am not sure a change of coaching is going to fix the problem. gone on too long, sad realization for me. Never expected this from this board and from the leaders of this board. But what has been said is very close to the truth. taken advantage of, forgotten about. Sad sad sad situation.

It is not about drining the most, making the biggest fool out of your self. It is to support the young kids that put their boddies and well being on the line. This truly needs to be fixed.

There's still a ton of passion about the Huskers. You're kidding yourself if you think most people have been showing up all these years just to support the boys. They've been treated to a damn fine product most of the years.

People are a little tired of seeing the mediocre product the last few years under Pelini. Bo needs to energize the fanbase with good play on the field, or we need to move on. It won't take much to re-energize the fanbase like it does at other places.

It's instantly fixed by fielding a team that doesn't get embarrassed in the spotlight and is being led by a person who embraces the fans and doesn't tell them to f#*k off when his charges are the ones who aren't living up to the bargain. It's not like this is string theory here.
  • Fire 2

It's instantly fixed by fielding a team that doesn't get embarrassed in the spotlight and is being led by a person who embraces the fans and doesn't tell them to f#*k off when his charges are the ones who aren't living up to the bargain. It's not like this is string theory here.

We have All American candidates on each side of the ball.......a defensive line with as much potential and talent as we've had in quite some time......and you still have this broken record playing every chance you get.

• Fire 2

This my friends is the beginning of the end.

The passion is dying, and that is truly sad. If you have the opportunity to go, you go, many do not have that luxury.

I am very disappointed in some of you.

Never expected this from this board and from the leaders of this board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the guy who didn't go to the UCLA game (even though you're in California) 'cause his wife didn't want him to? You really have no room to say you're disappointed in any of these people and you're being way over the top dramatic about this.

You're not wrong.

What you're saying, is that Bo was right about his "fairweather fans" comment then.

We'll all stick together,

In all kinds of weather,

For dear old Nebraska U.

Huh....

We have All American candidates on each side of the ball.......a defensive line with as much potential and talent as we've had in quite some time......and you still have this broken record playing every chance you get.

We do have some serious talent at certain positions. That's what makes the same old results so tough to stomach.

What you're saying, is that Bo was right about his "fairweather fans" comment then.

We'll all stick together,

In all kinds of weather,

For dear old Nebraska U.

Huh....

No, his comments are still absurd considering Nebraska has literally the most loyal fan base in all of college football, and we'll still be loyal to the team long after Bo is gone.

That doesn't mean it's a fan base that's immune to a lack of excitement, which there seems to be entering this season. There's plenty of potential and reasons to think the team could do great things, but the problem is there's many reasons to believe that potential won't be fully realized and we'll underachieve yet again.

The good news is, Bo can change that. The bad news, at least for Bo, is sooner or later he'll be expected to. Given Eichorst's lukewarm vote of confidence, I'm guessing it's sooner.

• Fire 2

what a self-fulfilling prophecy. tell the fans to "eff off" because they are "fair weather". fans then "eff off" and you get to say, 'see, fair weather fans.'

and this is what ultimately annoys me, why are the fans being held accountable (the ones who support the entire program), but the coach has never been other than a few insincere press released apologies?

• Fire 3