Sipple ties ticket sales to Pelini's job

knapplc

We're seeing a confluence of factors, I think, a lot of them listed already: TV, stadium expansion, widespread sense the program has stagnated, etc. Crappy, crappy home slate isn't helping this year, either. If we could just manage one stinking conference title, that'd probably take care of these concerns for another 5 years or so.

Why pay the money to go to a game to sit in the nose bleeds, when you can watch it on tv with a better vantage point, drink, and eat food cheaper than at the stadium.

Thinking like a student...

Thinking like me. My dad's seats are in North Stadium, 84th row. He wasn't around much this summer, and we had a bit of miscommunication, so when I saw seats much lower than ours, with no donation fee, I didn't jump on them. So we paid our fee to sit in seats as much as 40 rows higher than new ticket holders who paid nothing for theirs, despite having umpteen dozen points and season tickets for years and years.

Meanwhile, I have an HD TV at home, no lines, no parking fees, no BLARING speakers in my ears, no sun/wind/rain/sleet/snow/freezing-ass cold, I have beer, I have whatever food I want to eat for less than I'm going to spend on concessions, and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder that the university I've supported for years with donations didn't come to ME first saying, "Hey, things have changed a bit, you could sit closer to the field, no extra, and thanks for being a season ticket holder for 20 years."

All that factors in, I'm not going to lie. I bleed Red, and I've been a Husker fan since before Sean Eichhorst & Bo Pelini knew what the Huskers were, but I gotta tell ya - it's a gonna be a bit of a bitch in two weeks walking up to those seats, knowing someone without our years of contributions is sitting lower, knowing my Bark-O-Lounger is sitting at home with my beer.

It isn't just the students. They bungled this sitch this year. I'm not the only one not happy about this.

• Fire 4

You see this kind of stuff happen with die-hard fans of certain NFL teams. They don't want to see a Blaackout so they buy up a bunch of the remaining tickets. A week out (so, I guess, next Monday) if seats are still unsold, the university will open up the sale to the general public (negotiations are probably under way with Clarence Thomas, Keaneau, and Alyssa Milano as we speak!)

Probably a semantics argument but I'd say IF the streak were to end, it wouldn't be the cause of Pelini getting fired. It would be a symptom. Not having as much success as anyone would like (along with all the other factors) may cause fewer people to buy tickets but the real issue would be on the field.

That said, with all the regular tickets sold, the streak won't end this year. How this season goes will determine if we're having this conversation a year from now.

That said, with all the regular tickets sold, the streak won't end this year. How this season goes will determine if we're having this conversation a year from now.

The schedule should give us a bit of a lift next year. BYU, Wisky, NW, MSU, and Iowa is about as good as our 2012 home slate and light years better than this year's.

Why pay the money to go to a game to sit in the nose bleeds, when you can watch it on tv with a better vantage point, drink, and eat food cheaper than at the stadium.

Thinking like a student...

Thinking like me. My dad's seats are in North Stadium, 84th row. He wasn't around much this summer, and we had a bit of miscommunication, so when I saw seats much lower than ours, with no donation fee, I didn't jump on them. So we paid our fee to sit in seats as much as 40 rows higher than new ticket holders who paid nothing for theirs, despite having umpteen dozen points and season tickets for years and years.

Meanwhile, I have an HD TV at home, no lines, no parking fees, no BLARING speakers in my ears, no sun/wind/rain/sleet/snow/freezing-ass cold, I have beer, I have whatever food I want to eat for less than I'm going to spend on concessions, and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder that the university I've supported for years with donations didn't come to ME first saying, "Hey, things have changed a bit, you could sit closer to the field, no extra, and thanks for being a season ticket holder for 20 years."

All that factors in, I'm not going to lie. I bleed Red, and I've been a Husker fan since before Sean Eichhorst & Bo Pelini knew what the Huskers were, but I gotta tell ya - it's a gonna be a bit of a bitch in two weeks walking up to those seats, knowing someone without our years of contributions is sitting lower, knowing my Bark-O-Lounger is sitting at home with my beer.

It isn't just the students. They bungled this sitch this year. I'm not the only one not happy about this.

So in other words, you are going to host a Huskerboard get together this year. :D

I get tickets offered to me a few times a year and hardly ever take them or if I do take them I end up giving them to other people.

Home games for me are a chance to hit Lincoln with friends and either tailgate or party on O

Away games...I go to one a year...the rest are a chance to hit the bars in Omaha with friends.