Btn crew comment on Armstrong's accuracy

Dagerow

I agree with you, lo county. I don't care about the percentage completion or the yards. I would in a different offense, but not in ours. I care about what the passing game is adding to our offense in the role it serves.

Even not worried about the INT rate very much. Long balls are risk/reward and a long "punt" is OK with me.

It's unrealistic to expect us to be truly great at passing. We don't have that kind of scheme installed (multiple, complex, pass-first QBs -- it'd be a pleasant surprise, but fantasy :P). As long as we present a credible enough threat through the air that defenses are forced to account for it at the expense of accounting for our run game, I'm good with that. The kind where if you're really going to dare us to throw, well, maybe we won't go 400 yards, but we'll take a good few swings a game that can really hurt you.

• Fire 1

What's frustrating is that we don't need Joe Freaking Montana. We just need a guy to distribute the ball with short passes, and glorified laterals on the run so that our play makers can get involved.

Some of the concepts that Tim runs are freaking great, but if you can't execute the throw, it doesn't matter how wide open people are it's going to be #FAIL

I actually wish Beck would incorporate more of the vertical passing game. Against UCLA this past year, they figured NU wasn't going to test them deep, they had all their defense play within 10 yards of the LOS, and they shut our offense down.

As far as the actual topic of this thread, McKewon and Christopherson both thought Armstrong had a good day today. But, since they are members of the Nebraska media, we can't trust them.

As far as the actual topic of this thread, McKewon and Christopherson both thought Armstrong had a good day today. But, since they are members of the Nebraska media, we can't trust them.

On the flip side, since we've joined the Big Ten, these BTN guys have been wrong at near-Ed Cunningham levels.

On the flip side, since we've joined the Big Ten, these BTN guys have been wrong at near-Ed Cunningham levels.

It's like they puff up teams in the conference or something.

It's like they puff up teams in the conference or something.

At least the BTN does it to the teams that are actually in the conference they cover. What is ESPN's excuse with the SEC? Oh yeah, now ESPN has a financial incentive for the SEC to "do well".

Man, you ain't kidding with that Taylor talk.... unless you aren't talking Zac. That guy could fling it. And man did he want to run. He just looked horrible doing it. Still love the guy to death. He's probably my favorite NU quarterback since the Frazier, Frost, Brook glory years.

Everytime someone got into the backfield I hoped he would get back up, which no matter how hard he was hit he did.

I believe the point of the show is to highlight the positives to give each teams fans hope for the upcoming season. They address some of the previous years concerns to give the coaches or players a chance to give a stock answer as to how they've improved in said area. Its a formula as old as TO himself. I wouldn't expect anything else. I also don't see the problem with having this kind of show in the preseason. Who the hell wants to hear how bad their team is going to suck? I don't need to watch a national show for that, its what I have huskerboard and Polo for. I want sunshine in the preseason. If I want doom and gloom Id golf every day with my proctologist.

• Fire 1

I have a problem with the 'small sample' and 'it was 3rd and long' talk. We watched 8 starts last year as a sample size in all kinds of situations, the passing game just wasn't there and it sounds like it's still not there.

I do think the QB controversy, however, is over. TA is the guy, I hope he limits the turnovers and gives us the opportunity to win some close games this year.