Jason peter tunnel walk idea

It's a great idea tapping into tradition and history. I think as an opponent it would be pretty intimidating if the stadium broke out into prayer just before the team comes out.

I think the team prayer should be kept private, and really shouldn't have been released in the first place.

It's funny because guys like Damon Benning say that the prayer they say now isn't exactly the same one they said back during the 90's, yet they try to say it is.

Can Jason Peter do any interview without focusing on "how they were back in his day". He sounds like Al Bundy talking about his Polk High days.

He played during the greatest Era of Husker football. What the hell else should he compare it to?

Husker football then was like a steak. Today, it's like hamburger helper. He's just reminiscing about the steak. Can't blame the guy, drugged out brains or whatever.

But that's all Peter talks about. There is a difference.

On the radio.....I doubt the guy sits at home each night and yaks about the glory days to his mom on the phone...what else do you talk about on the Nebraska football radio show?

Can Jason Peter do any interview without focusing on "how they were back in his day". He sounds like Al Bundy talking about his Polk High days.

He played during the greatest Era of Husker football. What the hell else should he compare it to?

Husker football then was like a steak. Today, it's like hamburger helper. He's just reminiscing about the steak. Can't blame the guy, drugged out brains or whatever.

But that's all Peter talks about. There is a difference.

On the radio.....I doubt the guy sits at home each night and yaks about the glory days to his mom on the phone...what else do you talk about on the Nebraska football radio show?

Yes, I am sure he gets asked about the glory days, but it's ALL he talks about. He could just as easily say "hey, I played 20 years ago, we did pretty well, and I am ready to support the current players."

It's great he wants to get involved and he has passion for the program, but sometimes it just gets old and goes too far.

LOL....so, let me get this straight. Someone would lead a prayer before the game? I think the ACLU might have an issue with that.

In all seriousness.....I think the prayer is for the team and that's where it needs to stay.

Then change it from "Dear Lord, the battles........." to "Dear TO, the battles.......".......

Or are the two to close to the same?.........