Jason peter tunnel walk idea

The myth of how Jason Peter presents himself continues to grow, I see. Damon Benning speaks no differently about those days, and how they pertain to today, than JP does. Neither does Jay Foreman, Adrian Fiala, Grant Wistrom, Mike Brown... the list goes on.

Put Peter's idea in this thread under Mike Brown's name and see how quickly people leap to support it - Mike Brown's onto something! He's a genius! But Jason Peter says it? NOPE. It's an awful idea.

• Fire 3

The myth of how Jason Peter presents himself continues to grow, I see. Damon Benning speaks no differently about those days, and how they pertain to today, than JP does. Neither does Jay Foreman, Adrian Fiala, Grant Wistrom, Mike Brown... the list goes on.

Put Peter's idea in this thread under Mike Brown's name and see how quickly people leap to support it - Mike Brown's onto something! He's a genius! But Jason Peter says it? NOPE. It's an awful idea.

Foreman speaks of it like Peter does. (Annoying)

Wistrom hardly talks about it at all

Fiala does ALL THE TIME (Annoying)

Mike Brown is more of a tweener but probably closer to Peter

Benning is more of realist when it comes to his projections of players, I think.

I understand the reverence some people have for players from the mid-90s. For me, I was at UNL at the time, so these guys were all my age. I am not going to treat someone like a "Husker legend who I have to follow every word of his like gospel" who is my age. It's just my point of view.

I would love it if NU was beating teams the way it happened in the 90s, but it's not happening right now. I am not sitting around saying that NU needs to do things the way things were back then. What I do is follow and support the team, regardless of who is coach, and who is playing for the team. I did it for Solich, I did it for Callahan, and I do it for Pelini. I can be critical, when necessary, but I am not sitting around harkening back on things 20 years ago. That's all that some of those former players seem to do.

I have no problem with those guys talking about how it was back in the day. They earned it.

I start to tune out when guys - especially Peter - continually say everything needs to be done exactly how they did it or they know exactly how things should be done as if they have the only answer.

That's all that some of those former players seem to do.

That's all they're asked to do. Nobody's sticking a microphone in Zach Wiegert's mug for real estate advice. Nobody's putting a camera on Tommie Frazier for dance tips. Nobody's interviewing Mike Rozier for fashion advice. These guys are famous in the context of this forum, this state, for one thing. Then when they answer the questions they're asked, speak on the subject they're hired to speak about, folks get bothered by it.

It's like Lil Red. Everyone here hates Lil Red. But Lil Red isn't for the people here, it's for kids. And little kids freaking LOVE Lil Red. Lil Red, former players and coaches - they all have a purpose. If you (not you, ColoradoHusk, speaking generally here) don't want to hear it, turn the channel or change the station. But sitting around griping about Jason Peter or Tommie Frazier for doing exactly what they're paid to do, what many, many people really want them to do, is pointless.

• Fire 1

That's all that some of those former players seem to do.

That's all they're asked to do. Nobody's sticking a microphone in Zach Wiegert's mug for real estate advice. Nobody's putting a camera on Tommie Frazier for dance tips. Nobody's interviewing Mike Rozier for fashion advice. These guys are famous in the context of this forum, this state, for one thing. Then when they answer the questions they're asked, speak on the subject they're hired to speak about, folks get bothered by it.

It's like Lil Red. Everyone here hates Lil Red. But Lil Red isn't for the people here, it's for kids. And little kids freaking LOVE Lil Red. Lil Red, former players and coaches - they all have a purpose. If you (not you, ColoradoHusk, speaking generally here) don't want to hear it, turn the channel or change the station. But sitting around griping about Jason Peter or Tommie Frazier for doing exactly what they're paid to do, what many, many people really want them to do, is pointless.

Agree.

I mark the subject of ex players talking bout the good ol days as one more thing that Husker fans find to bitch about for really no reason.

As for Jason. I think he got this bad rap back in the Callyclown era when he was on the radio every day and he was brutally honest about what he saw in the program. Problem was.....he was mostly right.

• Fire 2

There is a difference between talking about the good old days and saying "this is how we did it back in my day, they need to be doing it this way now".

I like hearing stories about games or experiences from former players. It's pretty cool. Benning & Sharp had on Jamel Williams earlier this week, and it was funny to hear how Williams wasn't supposed to be blitzing on the sack/safety of Danny Weurffel in the 96 Fiesta Bowl. That's interesting.

What isn't interesting is Peter, Foreman, or whomever saying "this is how we did it 20 years ago, they need to do it that way now". To me, that isn't productive.

There is a difference between talking about the good old days and saying "this is how we did it back in my day, they need to be doing it this way now".

I like hearing stories about games or experiences from former players. It's pretty cool. Benning & Sharp had on Jamel Williams earlier this week, and it was funny to hear how Williams wasn't supposed to be blitzing on the sack/safety of Danny Weurffel in the 96 Fiesta Bowl. That's interesting.

What isn't interesting is Peter, Foreman, or whomever saying "this is how we did it 20 years ago, they need to do it that way now". To me, that isn't productive.

I get what you're saying. There's some truth to this - but there's also some truth to the fact that we could improve our methods by doing some things today the way Osborne did them 20 years ago. Things like multiple stations at practice, multiple units doing multiple drills instead of the First String doing their thing while everyone stands around, then the next string, then the next. Pelini changed his method on this and it's worked out. In that respect, Peter is correct.

The myth has become that this is all JP says, and because of this, every single thing he says becomes suspect. This is simply not true.

Ha ha! That wasn't just a random comment, was it?

Mike-Rozier-Heisman-Suit_1.jpg

• Fire 1

I have no problem with those guys talking about how it was back in the day. They earned it.

I start to tune out when guys - especially Peter - continually say everything needs to be done exactly how they did it or they know exactly how things should be done as if they have the only answer.

It freaking worked! It created the greatest dynasty you're probably ever going to see in college football in your lifetime!

Forget talk. The results are there. If results aren't enough, what the hell are you looking for?

His voice is just more shrill. I think that's the difference.

His gripes about defensive line play were pretty spot on.