Bo Pelini hates the Devil Weed

What a odd question and even weirder time to ask the question. Is the media that bored they cant figure out a question regarding football that they felt inclined to ask a question that would garner a hot topic response that they could write about...

Just to let you know, it wasn't a question from the media. It was during the Q & A at Big Red Breakfast. An audience member asked how society has changed within the last few years that make his job different than it was before. His weed remarks were just part of a longer answer about how kids and society are different than they used to be with regards to personal responsibility and being prepared for the real world.

I see. That makes more sense why this has turned into a discussion. I didnt realize that, thanks!

Weird thing to get that mad at.

You believe it is weird for a coach to get mad at marijuana usage when it is illegal and can affect his team? Weird.

There's not condoning it, and doing what he did

What did he do? Answer a question. If he didn't answer the question fully, you'd probably be bitching about how he used coach speak. The guy can't win with you no matter what he does.

• Fire 4

Weird thing to get that mad at.

You believe it is weird for a coach to get mad at marijuana usage when it is illegal and can affect his team? Weird.

There's not condoning it, and doing what he did

He gave his opinion on it, just because it doesn't line up with your opinion on the topic really doesn't matter. It's just another way for you to try and bag on Bo Pelini. He didn't answer the question the way you would've liked so lets start a thread on the topic making sure everyone knows you disagree with it. Amazing.......it's illegal, he needs to make sure his players aren't doing it, simple as that.

• Fire 3

It's only a problem because the old folks like Bo have been indoctrinated to believe that it's a problem. It's less far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, which are fine because society has told folks like Bo that they're fine.

It's not a problem; the only problems is that the law still says it's illegal, and the drug war results in lives getting ruined that shouldn't be for something as harmless as smoking a joint

But I doubt anyone is going to change Bo's mind on this

I drank a lot of beer in college and I still drink to this day. I had a really good friend in college that smoked weed in college more than he drank. To this day, he has a hard time with memory loss and comprehending things that shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. If you really think that weed is far less dangerous than alcohol and tobacoo, then you haven't been around too many people that have been doing it for an extended period of time.

I don't use marijuana and never have. I also don't drink very much. I have been around people who have drank to excess and smoked weed to excess and I will take the potheads over the drunks every time. The drunks are the ones acting belligerent and getting into trouble while the potheads usually just sit there. Weed is less dangerous than alcohol despite your buddy. I have buried friends because of their night of drinking but have yet to bury any because of their night with weed.

I mean put it this way, I don't doubt that there are harmful effects. Eating a cheeseburger has harmful effects. But they are undoubtedly less than that of alcohol, both to your body and to the people around you, that much we know.

Exactly. Legalize it, tax it, and put the money towards schools or something.

+1 Also quit incarcerating pot heads for possession, and clogging up our prisons. Just levy fines based on the amount of the possession.

One of the biggest groups supporting keeping marijuana illegal is those who run prisons. They don't want to see their profits decrease.

It's only a problem because the old folks like Bo have been indoctrinated to believe that it's a problem. It's less far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, which are fine because society has told folks like Bo that they're fine.

It's not a problem; the only problems is that the law still says it's illegal, and the drug war results in lives getting ruined that shouldn't be for something as harmless as smoking a joint

I drank a lot of beer in college and I still drink to this day. I had a really good friend in college that smoked weed in college more than he drank. To this day, he has a hard time with memory loss and comprehending things that shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. If you really think that weed is far less dangerous than alcohol and tobacoo, then you haven't been around too many people that have been doing it for an extended period of time.

I don't use marijuana and never have. I also don't drink very much. I have been around people who have drank to excess and smoked weed to excess and I will take the potheads over the drunks every time. The drunks are the ones acting belligerent and getting into trouble while the potheads usually just sit there. Weed is less dangerous than alcohol despite your buddy. I have buried friends because of their night of drinking but have yet to bury any because of their night with weed.

True. But beer doesn't cause manboobs to grow. MOOBS

moobs-_sacd.jpg

• Fire 1

True. But beer doesn't cause manboobs to grow. MOOBS

moobs-_sacd.jpg

Sure it does. They aren't as noticeable compared to that huge beer belly.