Rankings

Pretty balanced stuff from the coaches poll. Don't think the AP poll has been released yet, so we'll see what the media jackasses think.

the media jackasses are probably more qualified than the coaches, i'd wager.

Or even if not more qualified, they have more time to look at results before voting.

Yep. Even the coaches admit this. They tend to reflect the AP poll closely. Some even give their beat reporter their vote.

Pretty balanced stuff from the coaches poll. Don't think the AP poll has been released yet, so we'll see what the media jackasses think.

Or even if not more qualified, they have more time to look at results before voting.

Yep. Even the coaches admit this. They tend to reflect the AP poll closely. Some even give their beat reporter their vote.

One of the only problems I have with the AP is the fact that they "seem" to be a lot easier on SEC teams that lose and harder on all other conferences when they lose. They do have a lot more time to evaluate teams than the coaches do, I will agree with that.

• Fire 1

One of the only problems I have with the AP is the fact that they "seem" to be a lot easier on SEC teams that lose and harder on all other conferences when they lose. They do have a lot more time to evaluate teams than the coaches do, I will agree with that.

South Carolina dropped the furthest of all the teams that lost, by quite a bit.

• Fire 1

There is the belief that the SEC currently has more better teams than most conferences, and although we don't all like or agree with that assesment, it's not necessarily biased. Since the coaches poll is nearly identical to the media poll every week, you can't really call the AP out.

If any other Conference had a team in the top 10 get absolutely crushed like that, they wouldn't be in the top 25.
Clemson dropped 7 after losing by a similiar margin to a higher rank team. You would already expect them to lose, correct?

Ole Miss jumps 3 spots for getting over the hump against unranked Boise and Bo threw 3 picks in the first half! What?

If any other Conference had a team in the top 10 get absolutely crushed like that, they wouldn't be in the top 25.
Clemson dropped 7 after losing by a similiar margin to a higher rank team. You would already expect them to lose, correct?

Ole Miss jumps 3 spots for getting over the hump against unranked Boise and Bo threw 3 picks in the first half! What?

#16 Clemson loses at #12 Georgia 45-21. Drops 7

#9 South Carolina loses at home to #21 TAMU 52-28. Drops 12

These two situations aren't exactly the same when taken in context are they?

EDIT: To elaborate my point. #16 Nebraska loses 36-30 @ #22 UCLA and drops out of the rankings completely.

• Fire 2

#16 Clemson loses at #12 Georgia 45-21. Drops 7

#9 South Carolina loses at home to #21 TAMU 52-28. Drops 12

These two situations aren't exactly the same when taken in context are they?

EDIT: To elaborate my point. #16 Nebraska loses 36-30 @ #22 UCLA and drops out of the rankings completely.

And as a counter when Wisconsin crushed a top ten Nebraska team, they did not fall out of the poll.

And when Colorado crushed Nebraska in 2001, we dropped only two spots and were allowed to play for the National Championship.

Yes. This is getting stupid.

Well, I actually think it was like 7 spots. Then followed up by the most bizarre 3 weeks of upsets allowing for us to be back in that spot.

But yeah. It all depends.

Half of what I thought would happen with SC and A&M came true. I thought SC would remain in the top 15, and that A&M would jump to the top 10.