*** 2017 Recruiting ***

The earliest they can land at LNK is 10:34 am and thats if they catch a 12:05am flight from LAX the night before.

8 hour flight?

There's no direct flight from LAX to Omaha, I can't imagine there's one to Lincoln. Now if Keyshawn is flying people, that might be a different story.

LAX-MSP-LNK

and FWIW there are direct flights from LAX to Omaha on both American and Southwest, just not at the listed times

The earliest they can land at LNK is 10:34 am and thats if they catch a 12:05am flight from LAX the night before.

8 hour flight?

There's no direct flight from LAX to Omaha, I can't imagine there's one to Lincoln. Now if Keyshawn is flying people, that might be a different story.

LAX-MSP-LNK

and FWIW there are direct flights from LAX to Omaha on both American and Southwest, just not at the listed times

Do most recruits fly straight to Lincoln?

Either way, flying out of Omaha to LAX took me about like 3 hours or so total.

8 hour flight?

LAX-MSP-LNK

Do most recruits fly straight to Lincoln?

Either way, flying out of Omaha to LAX took me about like 3 hours or so total.

On an unofficial visit I would assume most would fly to Omaha, but on an official (where the university pays) especially when they are dealing with a mid-afternoon game time I would imagine they would fly these kids straight to Lincoln

8 hour flight?

LAX-MSP-LNK

Sorry, should have been more specific -- the direct LAX to OMA flights, at least for the last several years, have been seasonal -- typically just for a few months in the summer. Though you are right -- it does look like there are some direct flights on Friday, but wouldn't help in this case.

EDIT: or maybe it's just that I'm always in the position of having to buy a plane ticket too late (1 month out is too late!? wtf...) as I'm seeing that American has 1 direct flight a day in October/November/December. I fly from LAX to OMA fairly regularly, and I've never been able to get a direct flight. I guess the trick is just buying the ticket months before you're aware you're going to need it, lol

Oregon Game Time: 3:30 ET (ABC)

You're in charge of setting the itinerary for this game. Which flights are you choosing and why? All flights are leaving Saturday morning September 17 and returning to CA on Sunday morning.

SAT: LAX-DEN (5:45am-9:07am)--> Den-LNK (9:50am-12:23pm)//// SUN LNK-DEN (5:40pm-6:15pm)--> DEN-LAX (6:50pm-8:15pm)

SAT: LAX-MSP (12:35am-6:04am)--> MSP-LNK (9:10am-10:34am)//// SUN LNK-MSP (5:05pm-6:21pm)--> MSP-LAX (7:30pm-9:30pm)

SAT: LAX-PHX (6:05am-7:33am)--> PHX-OMA (8:55am-1:38pm)//// SUN OMA-DFW (7:13pm-9:15pm)--> DFW-LAX (10:10pm-11:34pm)

SAT: LAX-ORD (1:15am-7:24am)--> ORD-OMA (10:05am-11:31am)//// SUN OMA-DFW (7:13pm-9:15pm)--> DFW-LAX (10:10pm-11:34pm)

FRI: LAX-ORD (11:15pm-5:13am)--> ORD-LNK (9:00am-10:50am)//// SUN LNK-DEN (5:40pm-6:15pm)--> DEN-LAX (6:50pm-8:15pm)

• Fire 1

Also this might be a dumb question but are there rules in regards to what you can buy for the flights? Can you buy upgraded cabins (ie business/first) or solely economy? Do you have to buy the cheapest available option or can you change the options to pay for a more expensive flight to allow for the most time possible on campus? With universities now allowed to pay for parents to come on official visits, do you have to pay for them to all come on the same flight or can the parents take different flights than the kids? We might have so many visitors from CA for this I wonder if all of them will even get on the same flights to and from the game

Also this might be a dumb question but are there rules in regards to what you can buy for the flights? Can you buy upgraded cabins (ie business/first) or solely economy? Do you have to buy the cheapest available option or can you change the options to pay for a more expensive flight to allow for the most time possible on campus? With universities now allowed to pay for parents to come on official visits, do you have to pay for them to all come on the same flight or can the parents take different flights than the kids? We might have so many visitors from CA for this I wonder if all of them will even get on the same flights to and from the game

Can't upgrade, coach is it I believe.
  • Fire 1

You're in charge of setting the itinerary for this game. Which flights are you choosing and why? All flights are leaving Saturday morning September 17 and returning to CA on Sunday morning.

SAT: LAX-DEN (5:45am-9:07am)--> Den-LNK (9:50am-12:23pm)//// SUN LNK-DEN (5:40pm-6:15pm)--> DEN-LAX (6:50pm-8:15pm)

SAT: LAX-MSP (12:35am-6:04am)--> MSP-LNK (9:10am-10:34am)//// SUN LNK-MSP (5:05pm-6:21pm)--> MSP-LAX (7:30pm-9:30pm)

SAT: LAX-PHX (6:05am-7:33am)--> PHX-OMA (8:55am-1:38pm)//// SUN OMA-DFW (7:13pm-9:15pm)--> DFW-LAX (10:10pm-11:34pm)

SAT: LAX-ORD (1:15am-7:24am)--> ORD-OMA (10:05am-11:31am)//// SUN OMA-DFW (7:13pm-9:15pm)--> DFW-LAX (10:10pm-11:34pm)

FRI: LAX-ORD (11:15pm-5:13am)--> ORD-LNK (9:00am-10:50am)//// SUN LNK-DEN (5:40pm-6:15pm)--> DEN-LAX (6:50pm-8:15pm)

I would think the first one would have to be the choice. Get into Lincoln a couple hours before kickoff without having to be traveling overnight.

I would think the first one would have to be the choice. Get into Lincoln a couple hours before kickoff without having to be traveling overnight.

I thought the same, but the layover in Denver cuts it VERY close... You're a 15 minute delay from missing the game altogether...

UnlessKeyshown has some ties or connections such as $ booster, employee, alum, etc to the University or Athletic Dept. I don't see a problem. But any material contributions and or support of a recruit or his family might well be deemed a violation. But really it is pretty indirect and ify to say that a friend of a recruit cannot help a recruit come visit.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***