*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Not gonna lie, I was worried that we may spoil some of our chances with this class after last year's poor on-field results. I thought we might not convert as many opportunities in this class as we could have if we didn't get the on-field result in line.

Well, we're off to a nice start. Long ways to go but a #15 ranking looks pretty nice right now. And it's really nice that Oregon, USC, UCLA, Notre Dame and LSU are all stinking the place up.

1= Nebraska visit was "lit"

1= Oregon stunk up the joint and lost back to back weeks.

2= the number you get when the first two numbers are added together.

Bolded part doesn't hurt any decent recruiter. "So <recruit name>, you can see why you're needed immediately here in Eugene. Could be starting from day one." Wins and losses on a recruit's visit matters more to the fans than the recruit.

Bolded part doesn't hurt any decent recruiter. "So <recruit name>, you can see why you're needed immediately here in Eugene. Could be starting from day one." Wins and losses on a recruit's visit matters more to the fans than the recruit.

Oh it matters to some recruits...

Why does everyone keep saying, just win and it will take care of itself?

I wouldn't say it doesn't hurt. If we lost back to back weeks I would expect it to negatively effect a recruits decision, especially at a place like Oregon that like it or not is on a decline. Recruits can see that.

I'm talking about assuming that whether the team wins/loses when the recruit is visiting makes a huge difference.

Oh it matters to some recruits...

Why does everyone keep saying, just win and it will take care of itself?

Let's back up. I'm not saying winning and losing doesn't affect recruiting. I originally thought you might have seen reaction or quotes or something about the visit. If the recruit says something, then that's what I'll go with, but I don't just assume that the visit went poorly because the team lost.

I wouldn't say it doesn't hurt. If we lost back to back weeks I would expect it to negatively effect a recruits decision, especially at a place like Oregon that like it or not is on a decline. Recruits can see that.

I'm talking about assuming that whether the team wins/loses when the recruit is visiting makes a huge difference.

I think whether or not the team wins during the visit makes the most difference. That's just me though I guess.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***