*** 2017 Recruiting ***

The only way I see this hurting recruiting is if a coach from say UCLA or USC or Oregon...etc. has a kid that is kind of, sort of.....questioning if he would be comfortable going to college in Nebraska. In that instance, I can see a coach saying....well, yeah.....you're black. look at what Rickets and Daub have said. That's what all those Nebraskans think.

Will it be a mass problem with recruits??? No. But, it can affect someone at some point in time.

This weekend, we have a HUGE group of recruits coming in. How is it viewed by the recruits if the three players kneel again and they get booed from the stands?

They're not on the field for the anthem.

Who isn't?

The players

They aren't???? Hmmmm....never noticed that.

Players are never on the field for the anthem.

Players warm up then go to locker room. Band does their pre-game show with the anthem at the end. Then comes the Tunnel Walk.

• Fire 1

This weekend, we have a HUGE group of recruits coming in. How is it viewed by the recruits if the three players kneel again and they get booed from the stands?

Who isn't?

The players

Players warm up then go to locker room. Band does their pre-game show with the anthem at the end. Then comes the Tunnel Walk.

It's amazing the number of games I have been to and never really have thought about that.

Who isn't?

The players

It's amazing the number of games I have been to and never really have thought about that.

Pretty disrespectful to our country that you're obviously not really paying attention bro!

/s

• Fire 4

Who isn't?

The players

Pretty disrespectful to our country that you're obviously not really paying attention bro!

/s

Well....I'm pretty sure it's probably because my focus is on something other than the team at that point in time. :P

Who isn't?

The players

/s

Well....I'm pretty sure it's probably because my focus is on something other than the team at that point in time. :P

you shouldnt have your phone out during the anthem. :P

(do i really need to mention that i am just messing with ya?)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have this decently updated. Let me know if I'm missing someone.

14 commits on our way to (possibly) 24. I think we're looking for 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 OT, 2 DT, 1 DE (JUCO), 1 LB, 2 CB and 1 S but that's obviously 11 for 10 spots. Might not take a JUCO DE if we don't get Van Ginkel. Could live without another OT. Could also see Dwayne Johnson not come back for a fifth year. Possibly Adam Taylor as well which could open up a couple more spots.

Priority:

DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.

DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet.

WR - Good with the two we have but we're after four and seem to be slipping with our top targets.

RB - Roster in good shape but I'm not sure where we are on these recruits.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock, Daniel Young, Alaric Williams

FB - 1 - BEN MILES

WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Joseph Lewis, Isaiah Hodgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Emmanuel Greene

TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, REESE LEITAO

OT - 2-3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Banks, Austin Jackson, Foster Sarell, Chuck Filiaga

OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Damion Daniels, Ben Hutch, Deiontae Watts

DE - 2-3 - ROBERT PORCHER, GUY THOMAS, Martin Andrus, JUCO Andrew Van Ginkel

LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Rahyme Johnson, Andrew Ward

CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes, Jaylon Redd, Gentry Bonds, TraJon Cotton, Elijah Gates, Thomas Graham

S - 1 - Jaylen Kelly-Powell, Nick Pickett

Bumping this post so I don't have to go find it. ;)

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***