*** 2017 Recruiting ***

I wouldn't say it doesn't hurt. If we lost back to back weeks I would expect it to negatively effect a recruits decision, especially at a place like Oregon that like it or not is on a decline. Recruits can see that.

I'm talking about assuming that whether the team wins/loses when the recruit is visiting makes a huge difference.

I think whether or not the team wins during the visit makes the most difference. That's just me though I guess.

I'm not sure where it ranks, but I GUARANTEE you that we never land Lamar Jackson without that WIN again MSU...

For a multitude of reasons.

I wouldn't say it doesn't hurt. If we lost back to back weeks I would expect it to negatively effect a recruits decision, especially at a place like Oregon that like it or not is on a decline. Recruits can see that.

I'm talking about assuming that whether the team wins/loses when the recruit is visiting makes a huge difference.

I think whether or not the team wins during the visit makes the most difference. That's just me though I guess.

I'm not sure where it ranks, but I GUARANTEE you that we never land Lamar Jackson without that WIN again MSU...

Agreed about multitude of reasons; I think LJ was more due to the atmosphere than the exact outcome. And obviously depends greatly on the individual recruit and what matters to them.

Agreed about multitude of reasons; I think LJ was more due to the atmosphere than the exact outcome. And obviously depends greatly on the individual recruit and what matters to them.

HA YES! I knew you would say that! THE REASON WE HAD THAT ATMOSPHERE IS BECAUSE WE WERE IN THE GAME AND WON! DO YOU THINK WE PLAY "LET ME CLEAR MY THROAT" FOR 30 MINUTES AFTER THE GAME IF WE LOSE? WITH THE WHOLE STADIUM DANCING AND SINGING AND ALL THE PLAYERS STAYING ON THE FIELD? LOL... COME ON MAN!

"Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of s$&t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

Tommy Boy never liked guarantees

• Fire 1

HA YES! I knew you would say that! THE REASON WE HAD THAT ATMOSPHERE IS BECAUSE WE WERE IN THE GAME AND WON! DO YOU THINK WE PLAY "LET ME CLEAR MY THROAT" FOR 30 MINUTES AFTER THE GAME IF WE LOSE? WITH THE WHOLE STADIUM DANCING AND SINGING AND ALL THE PLAYERS STAYING ON THE FIELD? LOL... COME ON MAN!

I'm saying it's about the atmosphere, not the outcome. And yes, I understand how they are related. Let me say it another way. If we beat MSU 62-10 and the game is over by halftime, is the atmosphere the same? If the game plays out the same but MSU kicks a last second FG to win, does LJ not commit?

My point is that it's not as simple as "We lost. So much for those recruits" or "We won. All the recruits are belong to us!" Let's hear from the recruits before jumping to conclusions based on game result assumptions.

Sounds like we want to add about 7 more guys...

At this point we have 5 confirmed OV's from recruits who have never visited Lincoln. That could grow to a few more before the end of the year

I think we are sitting well with 7 recruits who have already visited. Lewis, Calvin, Daniels, Ward, Williams, Johnson, and Cotton.

Another 5 recruits who seem a little more out of reach, but still possible who have visited. Kelly-Powell, Sarell, Graham, Peoples-Jones, and Holmes.

Really think this is a reach. If the schools in the deep south can continue to pull the classes they do, I don't think we have much to worry about. McKewon is trying to capitalize on the situation and put a different twist on 3-day old news.

Just to be clear, I'm not down-playing the comments made by the two. I just don't think we will see a tremendous drop-off in recruiting because of them. Hell, maybe the sit-down with MRI and Ricketts will produce some good news.

Really think this is a reach. If the schools in the deep south can continue to pull the classes they do, I don't think we have much to worry about. McKewon is trying to capitalize on the situation and put a different twist on 3-day old news.

Just to be clear, I'm not down-playing the comments made by the two. I just don't think we will see a tremendous drop-off in recruiting because of them. Hell, maybe the sit-down with MRI and Ricketts will produce some good news.

I don't think this hurts recruiting at all. Riley supports his players. On his in-homes with kids from places McKewon mentions, he'll be able to show them that he supports all of his students and their beliefs. In the face of outside pressure, he has their backs.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***