*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Not sure I like that we're still offering WRs and it's kind of odd that several of them are already committed elsewhere.

I mean I don't know what else Williams is doing at this point besides twiddling his thumbs. :D Might as well be 'crootin.

Not what I meant. I meant it seems like we're not so sure on our top targets.

Not sure why you would take that as we are not so sure on our top targets. Until they sign no one is guaranteed. The process is to keep building relationships until the spot are all full. It does look like we have decided that it is a TOP priority to get a tall guy. However, continuing to look for top guys is not an indicator that we have missed with others. Man we have a staff that are showing signs that NU is a good destination for kids - now we want them to stop the process and wait for signing day? - have some faith!!

Again with the strawman. It's you go-to move.

Not sure I like that we're still offering WRs and it's kind of odd that several of them are already committed elsewhere.

I mean I don't know what else Williams is doing at this point besides twiddling his thumbs. :D Might as well be 'crootin.

Not sure why you would take that as we are not so sure on our top targets. Until they sign no one is guaranteed. The process is to keep building relationships until the spot are all full. It does look like we have decided that it is a TOP priority to get a tall guy. However, continuing to look for top guys is not an indicator that we have missed with others. Man we have a staff that are showing signs that NU is a good destination for kids - now we want them to stop the process and wait for signing day? - have some faith!!

Man you are funny.

Where do you come up with the strawman? You might want to figure out it's definition before you come with some go to move idea.

Thanks for the humor thou.

Man you are funny.

Where do you come up with the strawman? You might want to figure out it's definition before you come with some go to move idea.

No problem. Simply show me where I - or anyone - said we should "stop the process and wait for signing day."

I'll hang up and wait for your answer.

Man you are funny.

No problem. Simply show me where I - or anyone - said we should "stop the process and wait for signing day."

you were talking about how it seems we aren't so sure on our top WR targets and he said to have sone faith and wait it out, our coaches are just following the process. Seemed like a normal response to me. No straw men in sight

Man you are funny.

you were talking about how it seems we aren't so sure on our top WR targets and he said to have sone faith and wait it out, our coaches are just following the process. Seemed like a normal response to me. No straw men in sight

So you're ignoring the part that I specifically quoted?

Man you are funny.

nope I'll address it.

He never said that anyone said we should stop the process. It was a hyperbole to how you were reacting to our strategy in WR recruiting right now. He never said that you said that, it was exaggerated take on what you were saying.

Just because someone drops a sentence that no one actually said or was really inferring doesn't mean he is arguing with straw men, I just think you need to ease up a little

• Fire 2

Offering new guys as the season goes on is part of the process. Some of these guys are already going to be committed to other schools due to the fact that it is late in the process for 2017 kids. Our staff hasn't had the full 24-36 months to build the relationships so some of these kids are committed elsewhere - it is ok to go after them until signing day.

As the season plays out it is common for the staff to see something that is working and decide that they need to go after more kids that fit that mold. Reimers seems to be one of those cases - he was discussed several times during spring ball and has already made a nice impact on our team. So going for additional guys that are 6'2 -6'4 seems like a wise idea, however in my mind doesn't really show any sign that the staff is concerned about other options.

Man you are funny.

nope I'll address it.

He never said that anyone said we should stop the process. It was a hyperbole to how you were reacting to our strategy in WR recruiting right now. He never said that you said that, it was exaggerated take on what you were saying.

Just because someone drops a sentence that no one actually said or was really inferring doesn't mean he is arguing with straw men, I just think you need to ease up a little

If you think there is a distinction between an eaggerated take on what I was saying and a straw man argument, you must be who GBRFAN was laughing at earlier when he said people didn't know what a straw man argument was.

Offering new guys as the season goes on is part of the process. Some of these guys are already going to be committed to other schools due to the fact that it is late in the process for 2017 kids. Our staff hasn't had the full 24-36 months to build the relationships so some of these kids are committed elsewhere - it is ok to go after them until signing day.

As the season plays out it is common for the staff to see something that is working and decide that they need to go after more kids that fit that mold. Reimers seems to be one of those cases - he was discussed several times during spring ball and has already made a nice impact on our team. So going for additional guys that are 6'2 -6'4 seems like a wise idea, however in my mind doesn't really show any sign that the staff is concerned about other options.

Are you going to answer my earlier question?

Strawman laugh was pointed at you.

Are you going to answer my question that I asked you before you tried the same with me.

Probably not, because you angle is to pick out one small part of what I said in the post and go after it - seems that it has already been answered (nebfanatic nailed it something you aren't capable of).

However, since I know you live on a one way street. You didn't like something that was going on so my point was do you want them to stop the process so you don't have to be so worried - no more no less.

Strawman laugh was pointed at you.

And it was also completely false, as I pointed out. So I'll take that as you just like to keep throwing out ridiculous accusations and then disappear when called on them.

Are you going to answer my question that I asked you before you tried the same with me.

Probably not, because you angle is to pick out one small part of what I said in the post and go after it - seems that it has already been answered (nebfanatic nailed it something you aren't capable of).

However, since I know you live on a one way street. You didn't like something that was going on so my point was do you want them to stop the process so you don't have to be so worried - no more no less.

I didn't see that you asked a question. Are you talking about why we should be worried? I stated that originally. I just wonder if we're having to offer several more WRs because we're slipping with our top targets. You're free to think differently but it would be handy if you could argue against what I actually say rather than take it to some ridiculous exaggeration to try to convince yourself that I'm wrong.

Man you are funny.

nope I'll address it.

If you think there is a distinction between an eaggerated take on what I was saying and a straw man argument, you must be who GBRFAN was laughing at earlier when he said people didn't know what a straw man argument was.

in fact there is. He never set up the strawman by fabricating an argument from what you said and he didn't knock said strawman down because after he made the statement you are referring to, he didn't vehemently argue against it. GBR responded to what you said, gave his take and then gave a hyperbolic statement to cement his point it shouldn't be weird the coaches are still offering WRS. I know what strawmanning is and that wasn't it and I think it's a little annoying when you go around accusing everyone of doing it when they disagree with you
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***