*** 2017 Recruiting ***

this is an absolutely savage move by Riley if it happens and I for one am glad to see that he has the stones to do something like it. Only way were gonna compete with and beat teams like OSU and Michigan moving forward is hiring elite recruiters and its good to see that Mike is willing to go outside of his personal circle to do make that happen

So.. Are we serious that this could potentially help us land...

Darnay Holmes 5-Star DB/WR

Greg Johnson 4-Star ATH

Nathan Tilford 4-Star RB

Jamire Calvin 4-Star WR

Joseph Lewis 5-Star WR

I think we should hire him. What say you?

I'm curious to hear what his position title would be.

ST Coordinator & Assistant DB Coach/Safeties.. I bet we could afford to pay him..... Four-Fiddy?

• Fire 2

So.. Are we serious that this could potentially help us land...

Darnay Holmes 5-Star DB/WR

Greg Johnson 4-Star ATH

Nathan Tilford 4-Star RB

Jamire Calvin 4-Star WR

Joseph Lewis 5-Star WR

I think we should hire him. What say you?

I'm curious to hear what his position title would be.

ST Coordinator & Assistant DB Coach/Safeties.. I bet we could afford to pay him..... Four-Fiddy?

Rumors that Stewart might be leaving (if not this year, soon - he wants to be DC somewhere).

If not, people saying we give Bray STC, let Banker shift back to LBs and help Bray, and then Deonte and Stewart split the DBs

• Fire 1

I keep seeing Bray to STC. I thought people were pretty happy with him at LB. Am I missing something?

Dude is too talented, we have to do something to keep him here. If that's a "Coordinator" position with the ability to keep spending time with the LBs (which is what he enjoys) then let him have it.

I keep seeing Bray to STC. I thought people were pretty happy with him at LB. Am I missing something?

Dude is too talented, we have to do something to keep him here. If that's a "Coordinator" position with the ability to keep spending time with the LBs (which is what he enjoys) then let him have it.

That I can see. Just saw some others saying let Banker coach LBs.

Personally, I'd rather move him to DC that STC but that's just me. Same reasons, though.

What happens to Tavita Thompson? I really like him and what he has done with the TE's. Cethan's end line blocking has been markedly better since TT started coaching him. Cotton and Foster were also better players. He's also a pretty good recruiter on campus. Sorry to derail the thread. Just thought Thompson need a plug for the job he's done.

What happens to Tavita Thompson? I really like him and what he has done with the TE's. Cethan's end line blocking has been markedly better since TT started coaching him. Cotton and Foster were also better players. He's also a pretty good recruiter on campus. Sorry to derail the thread. Just thought Thompson need a plug for the job he's done.

He will receive a position when the NCAA approves a 10th coach this April.

So crazy q now that we have our best recruit (Coach D-Dub) on board things change for all our pending recruits. For instance we started going after Quaran Hafiz (CB) when Darnay kinda cooled on us ... Hafiz is set to announce soon ... do we start pulling back committable offers on these plan B folks or push the Plan A folks to commit to save themselves a spot? Does silent committing take care of holding the place so they can announce in the fashion they want to?

(maybe my Darnay Hafiz ex wasn't the best, but you get the gist)

I don't disagree - not my question though.

If we're only taking one CB in this class, do you tell Darnay he should either give a silent or commit prior to the 19th when Quaran is committing or do you tell Quaran that his offer is not yet comitable? (just an ex - I'd think we have the same situation with WR and other positions where we have Tier 1 offers out and pending that may be more likely to choose us now, but we'd already worked on offering back ups).

I'd like to think we won't pull a Harbaugh and take offers off the table this late in the recruiting game.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***