*** 2017 Recruiting ***

More likely that we tell Hafiz to move back his date if he was going to pick us. I'd imagine he knew we had higher guys on our board. Even if we went the route of saying his offer isn't commitable, it's different than Michigan. Michigan was pulling offers from guys that were already committed. Some for 6+ months.

He's an early enrollee so I doubt he'll push it back.

Believe so. But he's not planning to announce until his All Star game then enroll right away, IIRC.

Is his game before the dead period ends? Also not completely sure how the dead period works. Coaches can't contact recruits but recruits can contact coaches right?

Dear period is Dec 12 to Jan 11 so game is in the dead period.

Dead period means no in person contact with recruits or parents and no sure visits. Can still call and write.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/question/ncaa-dead-period

Been doing some research on other team's current commitments to see who could be threats in the final month based on position needs.

My biggest concern: Ohio St has 2 offensive linemen committed, 1 OG and 1 OT. I'm not familiar with their roster, but practically any team with decent roster management needs to take 4-5 per year to maintain a good scholarship balance.

Would suck to have them swoop in on some of the guys we are trying to close on, because they're going to need to do it to someone.

Wow...I did a class calculator simulation and added my wish list of:

Greg Johnson = Predictions coming in for Nebraska

Sarell = coaches have been after him for 4 years. Good in home visit.

Lewis = picked up a CB yesterday

Shelvin = Actually planning to visit...but, still a long shot

Lenoir = chances went up when he decommitted from Oregon

Isaac-Slade = don't know much about his intentions

Jamire Calvin = very interested in Nebraska

This would put us at 22 recruits like what Riley indicated yesterday. We would end up with 10 recruits at 4 :star or better (3 - 5 :star ). We would have an average rating of .8969 which is a 4 :star rating.

We still wouldn't break the top 10 in recruiting classes if you compare that score with the last three years rankings.

I think this would make one hell of a class and we still wouldn't make the top ten.

I am a little surprised that Riley doesn't think this class will be slightly bigger than that.

Wow...I did a class calculator simulation and added my wish list of:

Greg Johnson = Predictions coming in for Nebraska

Sarell = coaches have been after him for 4 years. Good in home visit.

Lewis = picked up a CB yesterday

Shelvin = Actually planning to visit...but, still a long shot

Lenoir = chances went up when he decommitted from Oregon

Isaac-Slade = don't know much about his intentions

Jamire Calvin = very interested in Nebraska

This would put us at 22 recruits like what Riley indicated yesterday. We would end up with 10 recruits at 4 :star or better (3 - 5 :star ). We would have an average rating of .8969 which is a 4 :star rating.

We still wouldn't break the top 10 in recruiting classes if you compare that score with the last three years rankings.

I think this would make one hell of a class and we still wouldn't make the top ten.

I am a little surprised that Riley doesn't think this class will be slightly bigger than that.

Edited for inaccuracy

If we're at 15 and saying we want 22... it's a little off.

We're looking at 3 DB's, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 OT, 1 DL, 1 LB. That means we are looking at 25 in this class.

According to whom?

Riley said 22.

Now, I agree with you. I think it should be closer to 25 especially if we have the top recruits on the board wanting to commit.

Barring some departures, 24 is the max right now.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***