*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Trying to stay calm and level headed in here, unlike most I feel... I just can't get excited about these big fish until someone pulls the trigger. You don't get any bonus points for coming in 2nd.

"Oh, if I didn't commit to LSU/UCLA/OSU/Michigan/Oregon/etc, I totally would have gone to Nebraska. Great school, amazing support, I love Mike Riley and his staff..."

Only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades, as they say.

Trying to stay calm and level headed in here, unlike most I feel... I just can't get excited about these big fish until someone pulls the trigger. You don't get any bonus points for coming in 2nd.

"Oh, if I didn't commit to LSU/UCLA/OSU/Michigan/Oregon/etc, I totally would have gone to Nebraska. Great school, amazing support, I love Mike Riley and his staff..."

I'm not calm or level headed...But I do agree, we need someone to pull the trigger. Until then, I'm RILED UP ANYWAYS!

Hear what you are saying, however a lot of the big fish like to wait. We will get our share and i'm sure we will miss one or two that we wanted.

And thermonuclear devices...

Where do we go at DE? Sounds like Thomas to Maryland is coming. Leaves us with just Porcher at a position we are already severely lacking talent at.

Porcher is a big boy that seems to be more of a SDE than a rush. We need a rush end bad! I know JP visited Beal, but that is wishful thinking. Hopefully JP has been contacting some under the radar 500 mile kids that could get an offer. If not I bet a NE kid gets a late offer.

TE could be a little concerning with Reese visiting Texas. Seems to be some momentum with the horns.

This is just how the late recruiting cycle works. We might lose a couple kids, but on the flip side we might steal a couple kids. 1 thing for sure is we are in need of a commit and some tangible momentum quickly.

The other day I was so pumped with where our recruiting was going. Today, with the news of likely departures, not so much. We are in big time need of good DL prospects and with the two Thomas's possibly going elsewhere, I feel like we will be reaching on the DL this year. We have seen how that has turned out for us in the past. Not feeling confident right now. Maybe Parrella isnt as good of a recruiter as we thought. Someone either talk me off the ledge or someone commit so we can get some positive news.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***