*** 2017 Recruiting ***

God I'm a good sleuth. Visited for the spring game. Here is Mav's post from then.

What's the story here? Looks like he doesn't have an offer yet. 247 has him as a 87 3*. Must not be rated yet by some of the other services as he doesn't have a composite rating.

http://247sports.com/Player/James-Lynch-77587​

Not sure but it seems like he'd be a good prospect. Was the Defensive Line MVP at the Opening in Dallas. Was the All-District Defensive Lineman MVP last year. His middle name is Husker. Really.

Has family in Omaha and has been to several Husker games over the years. He's 6-4, 270 so he could end up being a DT as well. Will be a three-year starter and has played DT, DE, LB and TE.

Gotta think we'd be right at the top of his list if he gets an offer.

If you add

F. Sarell

J. Lewis

T. Graham

G. Johnson

J. Calvin

D. Daniels

I. Slade-Matautia

It puts us at 253.70 for a class score which would currently make us a top 10 class. Obviously other schools will pick up commits however looking at others total points top 15 would be a safe bet.

We have a good to great chance with all of these targets listed as well. Crazy to think that 4 of them would be the 4 highest ranked recruits in our class.

If you add

F. Sarell

J. Lewis

T. Graham

G. Johnson

J. Calvin

D. Daniels

I. Slade-Matautia

It puts us at 253.70 for a class score which would currently make us a top 10 class. Obviously other schools will pick up commits however looking at others total points top 15 would be a safe bet.

We have a good to great chance with all of these targets listed as well. Crazy to think that 4 of them would be the 4 highest ranked recruits in our class.

I think we are about to be disappointed. I think we might get, J. Calvin, D. Daniels and I. Slade-Matautia. Not very confident on the others.

If you add

F. Sarell

J. Lewis

T. Graham

G. Johnson

J. Calvin

D. Daniels

I. Slade-Matautia

I think we are about to be disappointed. I think we might get, J. Calvin, D. Daniels and I. Slade-Matautia. Not very confident on the others.

Of the top 4, I'd be most confident in Joe Lewis.

Now that we are in the dead period, here is the commitment schedule from what I know with these recruits. I still think we take around 10 more to put us at 25.

January 7th still looks to be a huge day for Nebraska football....good or bad!

RB 1

Stephen Carr :star :star :star :star .9803 USC commit

Alaric Williams :star:star:star:star .9279 Auburn Commit

Daniel Young, :star :star :star .8362 Houston Commit

WR 2

Joseph Lewis, :star :star :star :star :star .9903 announce AAA game Jan 7 or signing day

Jeremiah Holloman :star:star:star:star .9341 Signing day

Lynn Bowden :star:star:star:star .9161

Jamire Calvin, :star :star :star .8728 announce AAA game Jan 7

Gavin Holmes :star:star:star .8519

OT 1

Foster Sarell, :star :star :star :star :star .9957 Announce AAA game Jan 7

Austin Jackson, :star :star :star :star :star .9849

Chuck Filiaga :star:star:star:star .9640 Announce AAA game Jan 7

DT 1-2

Tyler Shelvin :star:star:star:star:star .9906 visiting Jan 13th

Noah Elliss :star:star:star:star .8826

James Lynch :star :star :star .8610

Damion Daniels, :star :star :star .8596 Commitment possibly in December

DE 1-2

Joshua Kaindoh :star:star:star:star:star .9867 Wishful thinking

Robert Beal :star:star:star:star .9644 Georgia Commit

LB 1

Isaac Slade-Matautia :star:star:star:star .8919

Rahyme Johnson, :star :star :star :star .8903

Jaquan Henderson :star:star:star 8757 Tennessee Commit

Andrew Ward :star:star:star .8422 CHRISTMAS

CB 1-2

Darnay Holmes, :star :star :star :star :star .9947 Announce AAA game Jan 7

Deommodore Lenoir :star :star :star :star .9654 shortly before signing day

Thomas Graham :star:star:star:star .9734 Oregon Commit

Greg Johnson :star :star :star :star .9705 Signing Day

Chevin Calloway :star :star :star :star .9588 de-committed from Iowa

Jaylon Redd, :star :star :star :star .9161 Oregon Commit

TraJon Cotton, :star :star :star .8574

Kamren Curl :star:star:star .8559 Signing Day

Quran Hafiz :star:star:star .8481 Pulled offer...Indiana

S 1

Nick Pickett :star:star:star .8429 Oregon Commit

Corion Ballard unrated JUCO

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Fire 4

I truly believe it will be a great day for our program.

But, I do want to discuss what happens if it's not a good day.

WR: If we miss on one of Lewis, Calvin or Holmes, it's not a huge deal. We are okay with taking 2 more WR. The problem is what if we miss on 2 of them? Are we really only going to take a class of 3 WR? Who is our next option there? Doesn't seem like there is anyone after Holmes that we are in on anymore. Maybe Hodgins becomes available?

OL: If we miss out on Sarell or Filiaga, it will stink, but it's somewhat expected by most. The only question is where does the open spot go? It won't be an OL.

DB: We are in on quite a few good ones, and Friday's decision with Graham is going to set the tone. If we miss here, I think we are going to have to go back after Hafiz hard. He would be our fall back option I believe to Graham, Johnson, a Safety

LB: If we miss on Slade, what are we going to do with that spot?

I have a feeling that if our day ends up going bad, we will see some new offers going out quickly to lesser known guys...

I truly believe it will be a great day for our program.

But, I do want to discuss what happens if it's not a good day.

WR: If we miss on one of Lewis, Calvin or Holmes, it's not a huge deal. We are okay with taking 2 more WR. The problem is what if we miss on 2 of them? Are we really only going to take a class of 3 WR? Who is our next option there? Doesn't seem like there is anyone after Holmes that we are in on anymore. Maybe Hodgins becomes available?

OL: If we miss out on Sarell or Filiaga, it will stink, but it's somewhat expected by most. The only question is where does the open spot go? It won't be an OL.

DB: We are in on quite a few good ones, and Friday's decision with Graham is going to set the tone. If we miss here, I think we are going to have to go back after Hafiz hard. He would be our fall back option I believe to Graham, Johnson, a Safety

LB: If we miss on Slade, what are we going to do with that spot?

I have a feeling that if our day ends up going bad, we will see some new offers going out quickly to lesser known guys...

This is scary and can really hurt a program more than people think. I don't fault them for going for big fish and glad they did. But you miss and start scrambling you end up with a higher chance of "reaching". At least a good amount of these guys decide Jan 7th and give us a month to re-evaluate/close on others.
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***