We didn't respect the game

knapplc

Never been a fan of Kenny's. Does not seem to be a team player to me, and have stated it numerous times. Individuals on teams cause problems, individuality on teams being allowed causes real problems.

We are early in a season, we all need to calm down a bit. Yes this game hurt, opened old festering wounds. But we need to stay positive as the kids do.

Okay I have invested a couple thousand in next week's game, who's coming?

Cotton made two mistakes that just happen to be situations that could happen on any play. Just happened to be on big ones. If they were on no gainers no one would give a sh#t. Thats a hindsight thing. Theywere also aggressive penalties. Make a mistake at full speed they say.

Ah yes, the plight of the college athlete who can get just about anything for free. HOW AWFUL

"I hold this ball club to a very high standard. I have a lot of respect for McNeese State, but I feel like we're a much better ball club than McNeese State. We didn't respect the game. McNeese State, they do. They come out, they don't care who they're playing. Those players are very talented, as you can see. But the Nebraska Cornhuskers... starting tomorrow we're going to bring a different attitude."

- Ameer Abdullah, post-game presser

This is what kills me. You've got a guy on your team who will literally take the team on his back. He could have left for the NFL but stayed, he's been a Super Hero two weeks in a row, literally winning the game for us this week.

And the guys around him aren't bringing the same focus, the same respect.

This team has big ideas and little patience. They have grandiose egos but mediocre heart. They got out-played by a D1AA team on their home turf, in front of 90k of their own fans, and only won because Ameer said Enough of this. I'm taking over, and did some Superman stuff.

If this team had the heart and guts McNeese State does, I'd pencil us in for Indianapolis right now. What the hell does it take to get that?

THIS IS DEJAVU'.......just like last year.....the same quirkey-ass OC, Beck, the same QB who can barely hit 50% of his passes and a D that couldn't stop the little sisters of the poor.......and with all that, you expected an 11-1 team........??? SSDY.

Cotton made two mistakes that just happen to be situations that could happen on any play. Just happened to be on big ones. If they were on no gainers no one would give a sh#t. Thats a hindsight thing. Theywere also aggressive penalties. Make a mistake at full speed they say.

"Just happened to be on big ones" cannot happen. Directly cost points and field position. He's a captain.

Ah yes, the plight of the college athlete who can get just about anything for free. HOW AWFUL

Wrong comment byebye. May want to edit that. Ppl will think youre drunk.

Kenny Bell hates the NCAA because they don't pay him.

Nope. Who is ByeBye? The comment I meant to quote is in this one.

Don't play dumb

"Just happened to be on big ones" cannot happen. Directly cost points and field position. He's a captain.

So because he is a captain, he isn't allowed to make mistakes? Well I guess we have no qualified captains, then.

Pretty sure people already know he is drunk.

"I hold this ball club to a very high standard. I have a lot of respect for McNeese State, but I feel like we're a much better ball club than McNeese State. We didn't respect the game. McNeese State, they do. They come out, they don't care who they're playing. Those players are very talented, as you can see. But the Nebraska Cornhuskers... starting tomorrow we're going to bring a different attitude."

- Ameer Abdullah, post-game presser

This is what kills me. You've got a guy on your team who will literally take the team on his back. He could have left for the NFL but stayed, he's been a Super Hero two weeks in a row, literally winning the game for us this week.

And the guys around him aren't bringing the same focus, the same respect.

This team has big ideas and little patience. They have grandiose egos but mediocre heart. They got out-played by a D1AA team on their home turf, in front of 90k of their own fans, and only won because Ameer said Enough of this. I'm taking over, and did some Superman stuff.

If this team had the heart and guts McNeese State does, I'd pencil us in for Indianapolis right now. What the hell does it take to get that?

I mean you look at Ameer and he is Nebraska personified.

And I really hate myself when I catch myself thinking I only think hes so special because it's been so long since we had a guy like him, because we used to have Ameer's in spades. Guys who go to the wall for them sure, but for the N on their helmet as well. Not for the glory, but the deed. Or something like that.

I truly think you can build walls and create an us vs them environment for only so long. This may be the manifest of seven years of that platform.

• Fire 6

It's coaching. Bo comes off as a pouter at times when he gets with the media and whining about the fans and such. The team pouts and lacks a mental toughness that other teams have. I stated in the game thread. My expectations for this season are low. I really am just going to enjoy the big plays (like Ameer today) and ride along because Bo's time is coming to an end. I still like him but he's hit his ceiling it would seem and it will only last so long.

I honestly can't imagine our AD or majority of the big boosters/board will tolerate not winning a conference championship for much longer. I mean Nebraska football used to be a big name. It still can be.

If Kstate can win their conference over the OU/Texas powers,

Missouri can make it to the SEC title game in year two and only lose to the team that played for the NT,

Mich state can win the rose bowl and conference,

Wisconsin can reel off multiple conference titles,

Baylor can win the Big12,

Duke can play for the conference title,

Vanderbilt can finish a season in the SEC ranked,

Boise State can become a feared power team for near a decade...

I mean it's the age of anything can happen in college football and here we sit...not a title since 1999....fending off lowly McNeese State and their backup Kstate transfer quarterback, unable to find a way to get our Heisman darkhorse the ball...

• Fire 3