Something's Rotten in the State of Nebraska.

NUpolo8

So 95, in September of 2010, you already had the reasons laid out in front of you to suggest this is where we'd be at this point in the Bo era? (Think now. At this point in 2010, we were 2-0, and on the brink of a total ass whoopin up in Seattle).

I just happen to think your thoughts were just a hunch and are now a bit of revisionist history. But I congratulate you. You were right. As of now anyway.

If you asked many people around me hours before game 1 of that season, i said "this is bad, things are not going to be good." after taylors first play i facepalmed as everyone around me was cheering at the tailgate, again saying "this is bad, this is not a good thing,"

I didnt suggest that I had everything laid out in front of me by any means, and no this is not a "i was right" comment, I just knew things wouldnt be good. I didnt know how when or what for sure, You are right, its stated best as I had a very bad feeling about where this program was headed... that was the point where I strongly questioned Bo's decision making ability and leadership

Fair enough. And I was just asking too. Not trying to antagonize in case it came off that way. I was just curious cuz the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 was the most hopeful and exciting time of the Bo era thus far. Not sure any other period of time even comes close.

I understand you have a hunch and are entitled to it, but I'm curious. What did you see or here that lead you to it? What about made you think that it could lead to where we are now? If of course that is what youre alluding to.

Here is where I stood at that point of Bo's tenure.

I was of the opinion after 09 that our D was good enough to lead this team to be a top 5 program and at least be in the conversation of XII championship and possible NC... From 09 ro 10 our offense only needed to be a smidge better, That side of the ball didnt need to do anything more but sustain drives, not turn the ball over and not put the D in sticky situations all the time. I felt that with Lee. although not an outstanding QB, could do just that. Manage a game, keep the team in favorable field position and not put ALL the pressure ont he D.

I questioned Bo's leadership and decision making because I think he liked Taylors athletic ability but wanted to start Lee... but when Taylors dad literally walked in Bo's office and said they are leaving, Bo made his bed right then and there... It was just unfortunate that we couldnt see what could have been with a consistent offense that didnt turn the ball over and make the D HAVE to play lights out and create things in order to win games.

So 95, in September of 2010, you already had the reasons laid out in front of you to suggest this is where we'd be at this point in the Bo era? (Think now. At this point in 2010, we were 2-0, and on the brink of a total ass whoopin up in Seattle).

I just happen to think your thoughts were just a hunch and are now a bit of revisionist history. But I congratulate you. You were right. As of now anyway.

If you asked many people around me hours before game 1 of that season, i said "this is bad, things are not going to be good." after taylors first play i facepalmed as everyone around me was cheering at the tailgate, again saying "this is bad, this is not a good thing,"

I didnt suggest that I had everything laid out in front of me by any means, and no this is not a "i was right" comment, I just knew things wouldnt be good. I didnt know how when or what for sure, You are right, its stated best as I had a very bad feeling about where this program was headed... that was the point where I strongly questioned Bo's decision making ability and leadership

Fair enough. And I was just asking too. Not trying to antagonize in case it came off that way. I was just curious cuz the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 was the most hopeful and exciting time of the Bo era thus far. Not sure any other period of time even comes close.

I understand you have a hunch and are entitled to it, but I'm curious. What did you see or here that lead you to it? What about made you think that it could lead to where we are now? If of course that is what youre alluding to.

Here is where I stood at that point of Bo's tenure.

I was of the opinion after 09 that our D was good enough to lead this team to be a top 5 program and at least be in the conversation of XII championship and possible NC... From 09 ro 10 our offense only needed to be a smidge better, That side of the ball didnt need to do anything more but sustain drives, not turn the ball over and not put the D in sticky situations all the time. I felt that with Lee. although not an outstanding QB, could do just that. Manage a game, keep the team in favorable field position and not put ALL the pressure ont he D.

I questioned Bo's leadership and decision making because I think he liked Taylors athletic ability but wanted to start Lee... but when Taylors dad literally walked in Bo's office and said they are leaving, Bo made his bed right then and there... It was just unfortunate that we couldnt see what could have been with a consistent offense that didnt turn the ball over and make the D HAVE to play lights out and create things in order to win games.

Wow. Guess I never knew of that. Is there proof?

Not that I'm questioning, cuz it's believeable in my opinion. If we need to continue this convo in pm, im for it.

After reading through all of this, I do have a couple of questions. Why do most believe the B1G to be so bad this year? It appears to me that the B1G is pretty much the same it has been the past several years. It's been quite a while since there's been a B1G team even mentioned in the NC hunt. The B1G is poor this year, but not any worse than it has been for the past several.

It's probably too early, but on paper they look worse. For starters, don't forget we added Maryland and Rutgers. Adding 2 bottom dwellers to a league that had plenty already doesn't help much. Purdue is just downright bad, and Penn State has enough sanctions to likely lock them at 7 wins max. Northwestern for a while was a lock for a mid-level bowl, but will struggle to make a bowl this year. Ohio State - well they were top 5 and are lucky to be in the top 25 now. Add to it the other team we hung our hat on having a boatload of points hung on them by a Pac team that may or may not be the best Pac team. Then you look at Wisconsin who's been top dog for the better part of the last 5ish years with multiple BSC bowls struggling to a 50 yard passing day in a complete transition and it gets worse. I don't even need to throw in Illinois (squeeked by w. kentucky & youngstown) or Indiana. Who'd I leave out? Oh yeah, our other marque program Michigan - getting blanked by Notre Dame.

All that, and you have Nebraska and Iowa competing w/ MSU who may rebound and a Minnesota sleeper. Did you every think when we entered this league you'd see the day when Minnesota and Iowa would be on the rise, and Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State appear to be in a free-fall?

Michigan really wasn't very good when we entered the league. Ohio State was getting slapped around by the NCAA. Wasn't it our first year in the league when Penn State got Sanduskied? The same could be said of the Big 12. Who'd have thought Baylor would be winning it and Texas would be a dumpster fire? I expect Michigan State to have a pretty decent season and more than likely win the B1G. They were owning Oregon until they just got tired and couldn't keep up. I think the B1G is ever bit as good this season as it was the first year we entered. I don't really see the B1G being in the four team playoff conversation for quite some time. The SEC is the SEC, the ACC has gotten better, and the Pac 12 has gotten quite a bit better.

Not that I'm questioning, cuz it's believeable in my opinion. If we need to continue this convo in pm, im for it.

There's not going to be proof and that's the first time I've heard this particular version of events, although maybe I should be reading "literally" as "literally not literally", which is how it's usually used.

The last week of that year's fall camp was the beginning of the shattering of Bo's honeymoon period in my eyes, though. Mainly, I don't want to go down this road again. It's long, long, looooong over.

There's not going to be proof and that's the first time I've heard this particular version of events, although maybe I should be reading "literally" as "literally not literally", which is how it's usually used.

The last week of that year's fall camp was the beginning of the shattering of Bo's honeymoon period in my eyes, though. Mainly, I don't want to go down this road again. It's long, long, looooong over.

We continued that talk in pm zoog. Arent you proud of me? Our little accountability is growing up.

If there was just one thing I would love to never hear or read again from Husker fans is the bolded part in TGs post. Joe is right. NOBODY IS CONTENT WITH 9 WINS AND NO HARDWARE.

Good Lord, I can not figure out why people keep saying that other than they want to say something provocative to make some sort of point.

Content might be the wrong word . . . but the first part is certainly used on a regular basis to defend Bo.

Just because someone claims we have won 9 games every year doesn't mean ANYONE is content, happy, think things are great or what ever people want to claim. Just because someone doesn't act like we are the worst team in the history of college football and throw a temper tantrum after a game (that we won) doesn't mean anyone is content or happy.

^^^

some better words might be: excuse, tolerate, accept.

I haven't heard Eichorst use any of those words.

what does that have to do with anything?

Because you have to have direct access to Eichorst or you're not allowed an opinion according to The Sker.

That sounds like unfounded speculation.

what does that have to do with anything?

Because you have to have direct access to Eichorst or you're not allowed an opinion according to The Sker.

That sounds like unfounded speculation.

It's more of a theorem based on his previous posts.