48 Hours later...

Redux

McNeese is a powerhouse in their tier. They were jazzed up to be here and their play showcased that. We play them 9 more times, we probably win all 9 handily. But yes, not a fan of the yellow unis.

Our Big Ten Chances improved greatly because the rest of the conference struggled just as much or worse or lost. I didnt see one performance that told me "wow, its their year to win it". I still think that can be us, just gotta go after it like we used to.

If the conference is struggling we can take advantage in October and November. Thats the point. Blood in the water. Time to attack. Somebody has to step up. That somebody has to be us. We can take what Oregon did and replicate that in East Lansing. We can look at how LSU tempered Wiscy and we can use that. Those losses can be the key to our victory. We have to take the BigTen banner and run with it.

If the conference is struggling we can take advantage in October and November. Thats the point. Blood in the water. Time to attack. Somebody has to step up. That somebody has to be us. We can take what Oregon did and replicate that in East Lansing. We can look at how LSU tempered Wiscy and we can use that. Those losses can be the key to our victory. We have to take the BigTen banner and run with it.

By that same logic any team in the Big 10 can step up and do the same (excluding Purdue). I give you props for your enthusiasm but this team and coaching staff has yet to prove they are worthy of Indy. We are definitely not an Oregon or LSU nor should we be, Nebraska needs to find its own identity and go with it. But right now the coaching staff can't decide what they want to do on both sides of the ball. They keep saying they have simplified the scheme yet the players still seem confused. If the coaches were to take anything from the teams that beat Wiscy and Mich St it's that they have stability and stuck to a game plan.

if the B1G is counting on us rather than Michigan St. or Ohio State.........hmmmmmmm,... desperate this year. You can plainly see the problem, when you have no QB . .

Hoping Nebraska steps up is desperation? Are you serious? Why the hell WOULDNT the conference want a return on their investment if all their traditional powers are down?

if the B1G is counting on us rather than Michigan St. or Ohio State.........hmmmmmmm,... desperate this year. You can plainly see the problem, when you have no QB . .

Hoping Nebraska steps up is desperation? Are you serious? Why the hell WOULDNT the conference want a return on their investment if all their traditional powers are down?

Yeah, I'm quite sure our allure to the conference was our history of having a dominant football team.

I think nearly all of the goals this team has this season hinges on the Wisconsin game not Mich St. Hell Mich St isnt even in our division and Wisconsin has a pretty soft conference schedule. If we lose up there in Madison thats pretty much a wrap on getting back to Indy. Wisconsin isnt going to lose 2 conference games. It would be nice to beat Mich St but it dosent mean much if we lose to Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Conference Schedule

@ NW

Illinois

Maryland

@ Rutgers

@ Purdue

Nebraska

@ Iowa

Minnesota

^ let's just get past Fresno before we work out all the tie-breaker scenarios that will allow us to eke our way into the B1G championship

im with you...more of a reaction to some of the previous posts than anything.

yeah - the conference is there for the taking though I agree. and that's saying more about the manure pile (quoting Dirk) that is the B1G than it is about Nebraska.