48 Hours later...

Redux

I of all people need convincing and feel a little down. That's bad news. nothings changed.

here's what I posted in another thread on my thoughts after saturday.....

I had that glimmer of hope after the first game. Now, not so much. I'm back to being solid on my 10-4 predicition. And here's what I think the process will be...

Saturday will prove to be a wake up call.

For now

We'll come out pissed and guns a blazin saturday night and all but roll Fresno St, and then we'll beat Miami kinda soundly. The kool-aid'll be pumpin for some again. Then we'll handle Illinois and me personally, just because this is the Bo era, thinks we'll even get a W in East Lansing. But this is where today's Nebraska becomes today's Nebraska. We're gonna lose at home to Rutgers or Purdue. LOL. i would say at Northwestern the week after the Mich St game, but I think that because 1)theyre too much of a dumpster fire for that to happen this year, or 2)because of whats happened against them in the past, that wouldnt be a surprising loss if it did happen. At this point, I think we lose to either Rutgers or Purdue just because. Then Wisconsin stomps our ass, and we'll probably lose to Iowa or Minnesota. If we dont lose two of them last 3, and god willing make the CCG, we'll get throttled there as well. Lose a bowl. 9 or 10-4 again. That's it.

Until someone changes the disc, this movie is just on a constant loop. Saturday was just another kick to my confidence.

Although I don't know if your game predictions will pan out, I definitely subscribe to your thought process. Its hard to believe that we'll be anything better than a 4-loss team under Bo when we see the same type of mental/attitude issues we saw Saturday. I'm not so sure anymore that we could even consider our program as "getting better" even if we happen to win this down conference with 3-4 losses.

I agree that there's been over-reaction theater in the national media about our almost lost to an FCS team. This particular FCS team I think would be top50 at the FBS level. Thats not a ringing endorsement for NU, but it doesn't seem to stop the attitude that UCLA or UNC can still be good teams despite them struggling with similar caliber opponents despite those opponents being FBS.

However, it does again show that a team with better coaching can overcome a talent gap. The difference in McNeese being #6 in FCS, and were almost completely unranked in FBS, is at the coaching level.

This talk feels similar to last year's 3 point win against Wyoming. After a few days we started to believe that things would be fine, and that Wyoming was a solid, good team. They finished 5-7, and we lost 4 games. Why should I feel any different from what just happened this past Saturday? To me, it is more of a guideline about red flags and lowered expectations for games to come. Why should I think things will be different, or fine, or ok - when this reminds me of a phrase - once is a fluke, two is a trend, three is a habit?

Thats exactly how it has played out for 6 seasons. Bo definitely needs to go to the next track sinc thhis ones scratched.

It doesnt have to playnout like that. There is no reason someone in that locker room cant step up and maintain team focus. I dont care if its a coach or a player. Someone can be that guy, who instills the confidence, who renews their focus, who drives home we need to give 110% every week.

Its no secret the Big Ten is officially an afterthought already. We need to not only take advantage, we need to toss Mufasa off the cliff and become King. We can do that. Braxton goes down and Urbans boys roll over. Michigan is as trashy lookin as ever. Sparty took a major confidence blow. Wiscy hasnt really been too impressive yet either. And Iowa is being Iowa to the max.

This can still be our year. Just need that spark to stay lit.

Exactly!!!!

I think Wisconsin is a lot better than most here think. I watched that game with LSU. If they had not lost three of their starters in the 3rd and 4th quarters, they would have won that game. Two DL and their All American running back, might have had an affect on them.

If those kids are healed, they will be able to give anyone in this conference all they want.

How many starters for this season has NU lost counting pre-season and up til now? I suspect it has taken it's toll on us!

Ive seen it mentioned that without A double we lose that game. Well who recruited Ameer? Bo and company. That same staff currently has 12 commits for the next class. That same staff brought in Randy Gregory who had to sit on the sideline and watch his defense struggle without him. Had he played the game probably goes alot differently. Our team is so damn talented and we didn't get to see that. We will this week, count on it.

If Randy Gregory is our only talented defender then there is a problem. I understand that McNeese is an excellent FCS school but I highly doubt that any top tier team would allow an FCS team even sniff a chance at victory. Let's face the facts, we are a mediocre team in a poor conference. I love the huskers to death but it has been this way since 2001, so I can't really blame people for getting alarmed after Saturday's game.

We were not playing against an LSU level team by any means. We were not in control of the game as Wisconsin was when their players went down.

Every team has injuries, when they happen is more important.

I have said the loss of the starting WR's had a great affect on Tommy, but not so much on the defensive side of the ball. Lack of effort, lack of desire, will to win, is what put us in our situation last week. Nothing else.

• Fire 1

Ive seen it mentioned that without A double we lose that game. Well who recruited Ameer? Bo and company. That same staff currently has 12 commits for the next class. That same staff brought in Randy Gregory who had to sit on the sideline and watch his defense struggle without him. Had he played the game probably goes alot differently. Our team is so damn talented and we didn't get to see that. We will this week, count on it.

If Randy Gregory is our only talented defender then there is a problem. I understand that McNeese is an excellent FCS school but I highly doubt that any top tier team would allow an FCS team even sniff a chance at victory. Let's face the facts, we are a mediocre team in a poor conference. I love the huskers to death but it has been this way since 2001, so I can't really blame people for getting alarmed after Saturday's game.

He is most definitely not the only capable defensive player we have. We are chalk full of talent and it can be a strength. Just need them to strive for it. They didnt strive very hard last week. It will be better in Cali.

Why should I think things will be different, or fine, or ok - when this reminds me of a phrase - once is a fluke, two is a trend, three is a habit?

Because there are several more data points than just 2013 Wyoming.

Why should I think things will be different, or fine, or ok - when this reminds me of a phrase - once is a fluke, two is a trend, three is a habit?

Because there are several more data points than just 2013 Wyoming.

Apparently so

This game is about as close to meaningless as you can get when prognosticating the future of this team.

Especially considering 2010 Nebraska is probably the best team Bo has fielded, good enough to beat the #17 and #6 teams in the country and come just barely short of a conference championship against #10 Oklahoma, and that same team barely squeaked by South Dakota State.

Your not kidding, last year MSU struggled early to even move the ball on offense and they ended up being Big 10 champs. Its impossible to predict how this season plays out.

This game is about as close to meaningless as you can get when prognosticating the future of this team.

Especially considering 2010 Nebraska is probably the best team Bo has fielded, good enough to beat the #17 and #6 teams in the country and come just barely short of a conference championship against #10 Oklahoma, and that same team barely squeaked by South Dakota State.

... odd argument. "we had this same problem in 2010 and still lost 4 games and failed to win a conference championship." past is prologue, i guess.

• Fire 3