48 Hours later...

Redux

We took a step back. It happens. Why roll over and die as fans hoping for a big year? This loss doesnt have to define our season. I say loss because it sure feels like one. Scoreboard says differently I guess.

We still need this year to be special though. We need desperately to be back in Indy competing hard and deserving. We need more than anything to produce that elusive 11th win. We CAN do this. Our conference is weak, our division is weaker. We saw how big of a bully we can be in week 1. Get that mentality back for the next 10 games and we are title game bound with a 0 on the right column of our W/L record.

No one's rolling over and dying bud. And I guarantee you EVERYONE that is a Husker fan is still "hoping" for a big year. But the expectations have been tailored and tempered. Me personally? I dont right now. I didnt before the first game. After the first I thought "wellllllllll, maybe. just maybe..............." and then WHAMMO. Saturday. Dun.

And for the love of all that is christ holy jesus god. I hope Im wrong as _____.

No one's rolling over and dying bud. And I guarantee you EVERYONE that is a Husker fan is still "hoping" for a big year. But the expectations have been tailored and tempered. Me personally? I dont right now. I didnt before the first game. After the first I thought "wellllllllll, maybe. just maybe..............." and then WHAMMO. Saturday. Dun.

And for the love of all that is christ holy jesus god. I hope Im wrong as _____.

i still expect we will win the rest of our games other than the msu game. and the moments before the msu game, i will expect we somehow pull out the win.

but i acknowledge this is not exactly rational. this team does have a lot of talent and should have a lot of potential.

i still expect we will win the rest of our games other than the msu game. and the moments before the msu game, i will expect we somehow pull out the win.

but i acknowledge this is not exactly rational. this team does have a lot of talent and should have a lot of potential.

Irrational expectations are what I call "hopes" and "dreams".

LOL.

Are we making a huskerboard thesaurus today? Cuz it sure feels like it.

This game is about as close to meaningless as you can get when prognosticating the future of this team.

Especially considering 2010 Nebraska is probably the best team Bo has fielded, good enough to beat the #17 and #6 teams in the country and come just barely short of a conference championship against #10 Oklahoma, and that same team barely squeaked by South Dakota State.

... odd argument. "we had this same problem in 2010 and still lost 4 games and failed to win a conference championship." past is prologue, i guess.

That's not the argument.

Very few on this board want the Huskers to lose, but a growing number are wondering if the will grow into what we do want. The past record indicates it is not likely. But all of us, or most keep the faith that it will happen. Still locked on for the year, but if we see a wash and repeat this will be the last year.

So now some people are saying if we win the Big Ten its not an accomplishment? Hell we haven't won a conference championship in so long. I believe the last time we did I was 8 years old. I WANT to remember a conference championship/national title season so one day I can tell my kids about it just as my dad and grandpa did with me. The closest we came was 2009 and IT IS DAMN TIME WE GET BACK AN FINISH THE DAMN JOB!

• Fire 1

This game is about as close to meaningless as you can get when prognosticating the future of this team.

Especially considering 2010 Nebraska is probably the best team Bo has fielded, good enough to beat the #17 and #6 teams in the country and come just barely short of a conference championship against #10 Oklahoma, and that same team barely squeaked by South Dakota State.

... odd argument. "we had this same problem in 2010 and still lost 4 games and failed to win a conference championship." past is prologue, i guess.

That's not the argument.

that is what those data points would lead one to expect.

So now some people are saying if we win the Big Ten its not an accomplishment? Hell we haven't won a conference championship in so long. I believe the last time we did I was 8 years old. I WANT to remember a conference championship/national title season so one day I can tell my kids about it just as my dad and grandpa did with me. The closest we came was 2009 and IT IS DAMN TIME WE GET BACK AN FINISH THE DAMN JOB!

Many holes were punched in my wall on that severely depressing night in 2009.

Very few on this board want the Huskers to lose, but a growing number are wondering if the will grow into what we do want. The past record indicates it is not likely. But all of us, or most keep the faith that it will happen. Still locked on for the year, but if we see a wash and repeat this will be the last year.

i fully expect a wash and repeat season....this last game is a classic example of MOTS.....more of the same.

i fully expect a wash and repeat season....this last game is a classic example of MOTS.....more of the same.

I don't know what to expect. All I know is that another 9 win season will not be enough to get Pelini out. His contract is through 2018, maybe in 2016 if he continues to deliver 9 win seasons and no hardware. That being said, I hope it doesn't come to that but I am losing hope quickly.