Hello Huskers

Welcome to the board, hang around as long as you like. I have some questions for you, since you asked nicely.

1. Should Miami beat Neb on the road, what would that do to your fanbase?

2. Should Neb beat Miami, why wouldn't they?

3. What happened to you guys?

4. Is Warren Sapp really that stupid when he speaks?

5. I thought Miami was QB U. What's going on there the past 5-10 years?

6. As the game gets closer to kickoff, you will likely regret not traveling to Lincoln. You would be welcomed, embraced, drink mostly for free, and recieve well wishes from the time you arrive until you leave. But you've been to Hattiesberg. Was that really a better choice?

7. When looking back, what does Miami think of Dr Tom Osborne going for 2 against yall in the Orange Bowl?

8. Name you 4 favorite all time Huskers. Do it, Do it

9. Miami has sent numerous and numerous great players to the NFL during the 2000's. Plus it has great Cuban food. Thoughts?

10. If you can shout out what GBR stands for (with your loudest keyboard voice), you might earn a lifelong membership to Husker Nation. Now come on, deep down you know you want that! ;-) . So, give it your best.......and once again, WELCOME

What do you think about the job Jim Larranaga has done there?

If it were up to me, I'd build a statue of him on campus tomorrow. It's amazing what he's done. To me, his best coaching job was last year. That team lost it's top 7 scorers from the team that went to the Sweet 16 and won the ACC and he was able to keep them above .500 and win 6 ACC games. This year they'll be really good. He brought in Kansas State and Texas' leading scorers as transfers, both of whom had to sit out last year per NCAA rules, along with some very good recruits. We did just lose a rising sophomore for 4-6 months to an injury, but I'd be shocked if we didn't make the NCAAs this year.

Welcome to the board, hang around as long as you like. I have some questions for you, since you asked nicely.

1. Should Miami beat Neb on the road, what would that do to your fanbase?

2. Should Neb beat Miami, why wouldn't they?

3. What happened to you guys?

4. Is Warren Sapp really that stupid when he speaks?

5. I thought Miami was QB U. What's going on there the past 5-10 years?

6. As the game gets closer to kickoff, you will likely regret not traveling to Lincoln. You would be welcomed, embraced, drink mostly for free, and recieve well wishes from the time you arrive until you leave. But you've been to Hattiesberg. Was that really a better choice?

7. When looking back, what does Miami think of Dr Tom Osborne going for 2 against yall in the Orange Bowl?

8. Name you 4 favorite all time Huskers. Do it, Do it

9. Miami has sent numerous and numerous great players to the NFL during the 2000's. Plus it has great Cuban food. Thoughts?

10. If you can shout out what GBR stands for (with your loudest keyboard voice), you might earn a lifelong membership to Husker Nation. Now come on, deep down you know you want that! ;-) . So, give it your best.......and once again, WELCOME

1. split it even further. The Golden supporters will use it to show that he should stay, but those who want him gone are past the point of no return.

2. you guys will win, so it doesn't really matter

3. A lot of people blame President Donna Shalala who is stepping down after this year, but I can't blame her. If anything it was the AD, Paul Dee (a Gator) who bowed to the players who wanted Larry Coker as coach after Butch Davis left, then hired Randy Shannon, when Coker bombed out. Golden wasn't Dee's choice, but he was a bad decision by the next AD. We've had 3 bad coaches in a row since Davis left.

4. Yeah, pretty much

5. Bad recruiting, and bad coaching. The last good QB we've had was Brock Berlin, or at least the last really good season by a QB was Brock Berlin in 2004. Aside from that, it was Dorsey in 2002. We've had bad offensive coordinators to boot as well. We had one good one, Jedd Fisch, but he's with the Jaguars now. Anyone that can make Jacory Harris look somewhat decent is a miracle worker. I have high hopes for Brad Kaaya, but not with James Coley as his OC.

6. Of course I will. Hattiesburg was a trip in college to see Tulane-USM, and a 90 minute drive from New Orleans.

7. We all think it was the right move, and not because it gave us the title, but because it was the right decision.

8. Steve Taylor, Tommie Frazier (for the run against Florida alone), Irving Fryar (I'm a Dolphins fan), Turner Gill

9. Yes and yes. Unfortunately it often reflects poorly on the coaching when a undfrated or low drafted Hurricane turns into a pro bowler.

10. Go Big Red (except for Sept. 20...unless if it gets Golden fired).

• Fire 2

Trust me, there are plenty, but I doubt most are afraid to venture out these days.

I get the feeling, especially with Miami fans, that we could get a few "fun ones" over here... I just feel that your fanbase might have some cockier ones....

Yes, probably so. These are the fans that think Miami football started in 2000, or 1991, or that the University of Miami is, not in fact, a University, but a professional sports franchise. Half of them probably root for Miami football and Kentucky basketball.

Welcome to the board.

I agree some of the thug references were earned. Honestly I hated how Miami was at that time. But when I watch the 30 for 30 now about Miami. Makes me miss those days of college football. Not cause we were good, but football seemed to be more fun then. Players could celebrate and let loose a bit without fear of turning the field yellow with penalties. Even though I hated them then for their antics. Watching those older films had to be fun playing college football at that time for Miami. I seen an interview with Dwayne Johnson. He said he once chased a mascot I think USC's into the stands cause he was on their sidelines messing with Miami. That would of been awesome to see.

We didn't play USC when he was there, but he was on the '93 Miami team that got into a brawl at Colorado. Now, I doubt he chased the Buffalo anywhere, but if anyone did, it would have been him....or Rohan Marley. That dude was nuts.

As for the "Thug U" name, what bothers me, is how people use the name, and just think all Miami players were gangsters and criminals. They weren't. Not even close. They danced and talked trash, but they weren't getting arrested. At least no more than other schools. They were going to class and graduating way more than the national average. When Miami went on probation in the 90s it was a Pell Grant scandal, but people have this notion it was for players pillaging and raping. Even this last scandal with Nevin Shapiro, while it was "bad," the kids were getting free meals a Benihana, and trips on his boat, and going to strip clubs, they weren't getting arrested, they weren't killing people, raping people, they weren't cheating like at North Carolina or Florida State, but, since it's Miami, people just take it and run. Did Miami do stuff that was against NCAA rules? Of course. But it was one booster. Let's not pretend the SEC doesn't have 50 Nevin Shapiro's. Again, not condoning it, but, the "Thug U" does get tiresome.

Welcome to the board! Great insight about the U as well. As a lifelong Husker fan, I've always hated all of the Florida schools, mostly because it seemed like we always lost to them when I was growing up. Then the "Thug U" era came along and it just made my hatred grow. Seeing that program drop made me quite happy...

However, I honestly believe that it's better for college football in general for schools like Miami to be relevant and consistently in the top 20. Thanks for stopping by; looking forward to the game!

Miami fan here. I know we each have a game before the matchup, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I see from reading your board (and from following your game last week) that you guys are in a similar situation to us, though maybe not as dire. If you visit our boards, and the best one is http://www.canesinsight.com/, you see that most (and when I say most, I'm talking 75% or more) of our fans (at least on message boards) want Golden fired. There are even fans who want Miami to lose to Arkansas State to get him fired. While I can never root against Miami, I have been a Miami fan since birth, my family has had season tickets since 1952, both of my parents taught at Miami, and I started going to games when I was 5 in 1984, I would not really be upset if we lost if it meant Al would be out on his @$% on Sunday.

Anyway, if you guys have any questions about Miami in the coming weeks, please let me know. Also, I've always admired Nebraska (hated Oklahoma) and saw you guys play Miami and FSU in the Orange Bowl on numerous occasions (rooting for you guys against FSU, of course). In fact, Steve Taylor was one of my favorite college football players when I was a kid. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. Same reason I'm a Chicago White Sox fan, and was a Quebec Nordiques fan growing up. I have no idea why, just started following them for some reason I can't explain. I'll be heading down to Miami from Tennessee for the game this weekend (I try and make at least one home and one road game every year since I moved away from Miami in 1997 to go to college), and I'll have a better feel for our team after the game, though I think I have a good feel now, and it isn't pretty.

Glad you came on board. Steve Taylor was one of my favorite all time NU QB - often overlooked beyond Tommie, Eric, and Turner because he didn't win the big games - normally against OU. So we both dislike OU winning and it seems both teams have gone down hill since our 2001 title game. I'm glad we finally get to play Miami in Lincoln, but unfortunately, while an important game, it lacks the luster of our 2001 game and the 1994 championship games - or the several bowl games. Welcome to the board, stick around and join the discussion after the game also.

• Fire 1

We didn't play USC when he was there, but he was on the '93 Miami team that got into a brawl at Colorado. Now, I doubt he chased the Buffalo anywhere, but if anyone did, it would have been him....or Rohan Marley. That dude was nuts.

san diego st iirc, they had a nice little brawl with them too.

Yes, in 1990, they started it though. We also had one with South Carolina in 1987. We got around back then.